Bachelor in Paradise 6

“Bachelor in Paradise 6” – Episode 1 Recap, Jed’s Media Tour, Hannah/Tyler/Gigi Craziness, & Something is Off With the Blake Storyline

Photo Credit: ABC

-Lets dive into Paradise a bit, shall we? Now I don’t know if you noticed, but by the time they showed us all the intros and everybody had arrived at the resort, it was an hour into the show. And since none of the arrivals surprised any of us since you’ve known them for over a month, we really didn’t get going until hour #2, which we can now call “The Blake Hour.” Or “Hour of Blake.” Or “Blake in Paradise.” Because lets face it, that was the main focus of last night and will be tonight. Your episode-by-episode spoilers covered the gist of Blake’s transgressions pre-show, but now we’re seeing them play out on the show. Remember during my “Men Tell All” recap column, I had some questions regarding all of the Blake stuff. Namely:

-What was he thinking?
-How exactly did Stagecoach go down?
-How did the trip to Alabama before BIP filming come about?
-Who knew about who and when? Mainly, did Tayshia, Kristina, and Caelynn all know about the other at Stagecoach? If not, when did they find out and how?
-When Blake went to Alabama, did Hannah know about Tayshia, Kristina, and Caelynn from Stagecoach?
-If Blake was all about Hannah (which he tells Tayshia and Caelynn after the first rose ceremony his focus was now on Hannah), why wouldn’t he have asked her out when he got the first date card of the season?
-What did he think his biggest mistake was in all this?
-If he could take one thing back pre-show and during filming, what would it be?

So we got a few answers to those last night, and I’m sure we’ll get more tonight. However, if you were to nail down the biggest question in that group, especially after watching last night, it’d have to be why didn’t he ask Hannah out on the first date when it’s clear he wanted to be with her. Even though it hasn’t come out on the show yet, he did fly to Birmingham to spend time with her pre-show about 2 weeks before filming. And he says in ITM’s last night he was most looking forward to seeing her. Yeah, he said he met Tayshia at Stagecoach and apologized for being drunk, but it was nothing more than that. Hannah was the one he wanted, it’s the one I told you he’d be after months ago, he talks about it on Day 1, pulls her aside first, then when he got the date card, he asks Tayshia? Something is just off about that. I bet there’s a story we don’t know about. I’m not dumb. And I know how production works on this show. They had a built in storyline with two people pre-show who openly said in interviews they were interested in the other. They get there, begin filming, and they’re STILL saying it. Then Blake asks out Tayshia. Makes zero sense.

-Then there’s the Caelynn side of things which, again, something seems off about this. Yes, I know Caelynn feels Blake did her wrong. But the amount of times she told the story, not just in ITM’s, but to others there was just…odd. Like she separately told Sydney, she separately told Onyeka, and she separately told someone else, forgetting who. I realize that production knew the story and were running with it, but the way it was presented, and the way Caelynn kept harping on it over and over and over again made me think there’s more to this. Not that it didn’t happen, because it most certainly did. But Caelynn going so hard on how much she hates him, from the second she stepped foot there, seems forced. Yeah, you don’t like him, we get it. But because it started right away from the moment we see her, it’s almost like she was told “You need to talk about this non stop.” Whatever the case, it was a bit too much for me. And watching her confront him tonight won’t be pretty either. I’m working to find out if there’s more to this story because something is off about all of it.

-I wanna see how Blake defends himself towards Caelynn’s accusations tonight. She claims he treated her one way, and I wanna see what his response is to that. If it’s anything like Jed Wyatt response, then he’s toast. If he’s caught off guard, then something is probably wrong about the storyline. If he apologizes, then he admits his mistake and can move on from it. We all know guys from this franchise sleep around. And we all know they sleep around with multiple women from the franchise. I just think some are better at being discreet about it AND don’t get involved with three of the top 4 finishers of the same season. So yeah, Blake royally f***ed up there. Like, if he would’ve screwed around with Tayshia, Hannah, and Caelynn and NEVER came on Paradise, there would just be rumors about it, maybe some stuff would’ve gotten online, but it wouldn’t nearly have the legs it does now. Now it’s playing out for all of America to see. He HAD to have known those 3 were gonna be cast on the show, right? They were #2, 3, 4 from Colton’s season. We ALL knew those three were gonna be on Paradise. Again, what was he thinking coming on this show? Your guess is as good as mine. So much more to unravel here, I’m looking forward to this playing out.

-The second Blake didn’t ask Hannah on the first date of the season, his fate was sealed with her. Even though we see Blake and Hannah making out in future episodes, and knowing what the ending is, once Hannah and Dylan had their get together last night, it was church for Blake. I guess that’s why the Kristina thing was given another go. Or at least tried to. Seems to me this was pretty much a living nightmare for Blake down there all caused by thinking with the wrong head. We still need to watch the whole season play out, but by the looks of it, has there ever been a contestant on BIP that had more of a miserable experience than Blake? I can’t think of any. What a disaster.

1. moenglish24

August 6, 2019 at 9:12 AM

You actually can double tap a comment to like it! You’re not quite in what I’d call the current “young” generation so can’t blame you for not knowing I guess………

2. wavie101

August 6, 2019 at 10:45 AM

I don’t understand why everyone is so obsessed with Tyler. He spent his entire on the show literally spouting crap about how he respects women so much. Sure that’s something great, but he knew what he was doing. He was literally building a brand. Now he’s going to be making money and connecting himself with famous women.

3. dogmomma

August 6, 2019 at 11:34 AM

I agree with the general idea Steve gave about Hannah & Tyler’s current relationship. I didn’t think they were trying to get back together because they never insinuated that anytime last week. I’m glad Hannah is going to enjoy being single because she’s pretty young and she probably got a lot of personal growth out of the season and hopefully she has learned some lessons about watching out for red flags when you date someone. When Tyler was on Ben & Ashley’s podcast, Ben told him to stay true to himself and not let the fame go to his head. That’s going to be hard to do since he has become so popular, and now he’s going out with a famous model. I’m sure we’ll see more of him in the tabloids. I ended up liking Hannah a lot more than I thought at the beginning of the season, so I hope she keeps her dating life more private.

4. ctrealitygirl

August 6, 2019 at 1:03 PM

I truly wish everyone would simmer down with all the attention they’re giving Tyler’s dates with Gigi Hadid. For crying out loud, he’s a hunk of a guy and an attractive famous model starts following him at the end of his stint on the Bachelorette, where he gets his heart broken. So, what if he had drinks with Hannah one night then dated someone else?? Watching AFTR I saw how he tensed up when Chris Harrison was nudging Hannah about her feelings for him, and I truly felt that, being the nice guy that he is, agreed to the drink invitation rather than shoot her down on national TV after everything else she’d been through, especially the disappointment in her final pick. I just wish ABC would relax and still give him a chance to be the next Bachelor. I found Chris Harrison’s recent statements about Tyler not being serious enough for the gig to be maddening. I have a hunch that they have someone else in mind and are looking to sabotage Tyler’s chances. And after watching BIP last night, I couldn’t help but wonder whether they might be looking at Clay Harbor for the role?? It would silence all the viewers criticizing ABC for not being racially diverse. And he’s a hunky football player ala Colton. Just sayin’

5. zombie_hands

August 6, 2019 at 1:32 PM

Steve I couldn’t even tell you the number of times I accidentally liked something! It can be done…I’m living proof! I believe him on that.

6. justsaying

August 6, 2019 at 1:51 PM

Predictable of Chris Harrison (a.k.a. Bachelor mouthpiece) is now smearing Tyler, just because he rejected Hannah and went with Gigi.

7. justsaying

August 6, 2019 at 1:58 PM

@zombie_hands It’s also very easy to unlike something once you’ve liked it

8. dogmomma

August 6, 2019 at 2:01 PM

But I wonder if Tyler would even want to be the Bachelor… There are usually only a handful of good contestants on the show, and he’s now gone out with a famous model. He can probably do way better on his own, and he doesn’t have to do a fake proposal after knowing someone for a month.

9. ctrealitygirl

August 6, 2019 at 2:31 PM

You nay be right dogmomma. I did read one interview with him (before his dates with Gigi Hadid), where he stated that he wasn’t sure he wanted it. He may just not be cut out for it. And, with his looks and being such a nice guy, he’ll do quite well on his own, like you said. I just hate that Chris Harrison is dissing him. Did he really think they could manipulate them to get together??

10. tinyred500

August 6, 2019 at 3:02 PM

I agree with so many of your points and dogmomma’s. Chris Harrison said it was all about ‘sincerity as to why Tyler might not get the Bachelor lead. Does he truly believe the leads and contestants alike are sincere in their quest!? Don’t most go on there for the platform now? The programme let sincerity fly out the window long ago…and it shows by the type of contestants they allow to participate! SMH What utter twaddle!

Hannah and Tyler are not an item, like so many have said previously, he was put on the spot at ATFR. I don’t care what Tyler does or doesn’t do, I just hope he doesn’t let fame go to his head.

11. adelina

August 6, 2019 at 4:37 PM

@waivie101….totally agree with you about Tyler saying all of the right things. I don’t know if I’d label it brand building, but he is well aware of his looks and well aware of how easily women swoon when someone so handsome also appears to have a heart. Sometimes I shake my head at the breadcrumbs women will settle for and then absolutely fall over when someone is simply kind. Something we should all expect at a minimum.

12. anita29

August 6, 2019 at 6:44 PM

For the people keeping count, Tyler just reached 2M followers on Instagram. I think he is number one on Bachelor Nation.

13. joanne

August 6, 2019 at 7:20 PM

I don’t think Chris Harrison smeared Tyler or said anything out of line. But the fact is, if Tyler is openly dating someone he’s not going to be picked. And for all we know, Tyler might not even want to be the Bachelor.

I’m not really sure what the big attraction is to him anyway, but that’s just me.

Tyler hasn’t done anything wrong, but if photos keep appearing on TMZ and other sites of him with Gigi or whoever, he’s won’t be ABC’s choice. They have to keep up the facade that people are going on the show to find “true love”.

14. dogmomma

August 7, 2019 at 10:21 AM

It will be interesting to see who is the next Bachelor. When Mike comes on Paradise next week, we’ll see how they portray him. They’ve already given Pilot Pete an edit that could put him in that spot. And as for Clay… I didn’t see much personality in him on Paradise so they would have to do something to make him stand out if they wanted to cast him. They started picking people off the radar lately… what if they chose Blake?? Now that would cause some drama!!!

15. justsaying

August 7, 2019 at 2:03 PM

@joanne Chris Harrison was comparing Tyler to Blake and went on and on about how Tyler’s bouncing around from girl to girl blah blah, and how Tyler’s was Hannah’s 2nd or 3rd choice at best. Alrighttyyyy, not dissing Tyler at all. Now Chris H isn’t onboard with Hannah and Tyler.. eyes roll.

Mike for bachelor, pleaseeee pretty pleaseeee with a cherry on top. Peter is phony baloney, I don’t find him hot or handsome what-so-ever.

August 8, 2019 at 9:45 AM

So if Tyler can get on with Gigi Hadad and gather 2M IG followers, what does he need The Bachelor for? He’s already accomplished what most Bachelors can only dream of. And certainly Tyler is already dating WAY above Hannah. So why would he need Hannah? The guy’s living the life. If The Bachelor wants Tyler, they’re going to have to cut a really big check. That may not even be enough.

17. carbha

August 8, 2019 at 7:23 PM

From that picture of Tyler on his phone leaving Hannah’s apartment; I don’t even think he was even interested in her. I think they got closure and that was the end. Tyler was rejected by Hannah over 2 months ago so he has moved on. If he has been texting Gigi for a while now and they can now go public then I don’t see that he is the bad guy that Chris Harrison is trying to make him out to be. Hannah screwed up when she didn’t choose him and that is all on her and her alone.

18. justsaying

August 9, 2019 at 1:41 PM

@carbha, I agree with your analysis about Tyler leaving Hannah’s apartment. He was busy with his phone and not smiling then, proceeded to just walk off.

Nick, on his podcast, brought up a great point. If the tabloids had photos of Hannah and Tyler hugging and kissing, they most certainly would have released it.