Bachelor in Paradise 6

“Bachelor in Paradise” – Episode 5 Recap, Remaining BIP Schedule, Demi’s Storyline, & the “He Said, She Said” Podcast with Ashley Spivey – Episode 21

Photo Credit: ABC

-A new day after rose ceremony #2, and in comes Caitlin Clemmens. I thought it would’ve been funny if they mentioned her past with Chad just because I’m sure the cast would’ve chimed in with their thoughts, but nonetheless they don’t, she comes in and ends up asking Blake on a date. At that point, really Caitlin only had probably two legitimate options – Blake or Mike. The other 6 guys were pretty paired up at that point. Dylan, JPJ, Dean, Clay, Chris, and Derek were all taken. We haven’t seen a whole hell of a lot between Mike and Sydney at that point to say that Caitlin would’ve been stepping on anyone’s toes if she’d asked Mike out. But she takes Blake and they have a date similar to Clare and Mikey Tenerelli’s date, where they do yoga together but are all up in each others business. We also find out that Blake had also met Caitlin at Stagecoach this year, but nothing had happened. If Blake Horstmann doesn’t have his own booth set up next year, or Stagecoach next year isn’t titled “Stagecoach 2020: Brought to you by Blake Horstmann,” then someone is missing the boat on a golden opportunity.

-I get confused sometimes how a Google search works. Is it because I’ve googled Blake’s name on my computer recently why he’s currently at the top of my list once the word “Blake” is typed in? Because right now, when I just type the word “Blake” into my Google search bar, these are the options that come up in the drop down list (in order):

“Blake Horstmann dating Kristina”
“Blake Horstmann Kristina”
“Blake Lively”
“Blake Shelton”
“Blake Griffin”

Damn, our Blake is outdoing those 3? Pretty impressive. Blake Lively should basically never take a backseat to anyone, especially someone from this franchise. I’m floored. Well, I guess Blake and his peen have taken over the world, and mega stars like Lively, Shelton, and Griffin all need to bow down to him.

-Time for a date card to be given to a couple already established. Clay and Nicole have already gotten theirs, and Blake just went on his third date, Hannah just chose Dylan over Blake soooooooo, yeah, no surprise here they gave Dylan and Hannah a date. This show doesn’t telegraph their storylines way ahead of time. Dylan is over the moon he gets to go out on a date with his one true love that he’s known for 6 days. Actually, now it’s been 7 days since this is the day after rose ceremony #2. My bad. Man, must be special. They go to dinner, Dylan tells her she’s the greatest human he’s ever met in his life and that he’s falling in love with her. Hannah smiled. And then I think the Broadway version of the “Lion King” broke out and they were swarmed by a bunch of dancers in feather costumes. No lie, I had 5 different people text me last night, all from Bachelor Nation, chime in with their thoughts on the Dylan/Hannah relationship. Not gonna name names, but exactly zero of them thought these two are going to last post-show. Just thought I’d share.

-This was kinda funny regarding Dylan and Hannah’s date. So they made sure to get a reaction from Blake when he saw that Dylan and Hannah got the date card. This was Kristina last night on Twitter:

So if Blake would’ve been on that date with Hannah, he would’ve been so into her dress, yet it was Kristina’s dress, and maybe possibly a dress he’d already seen Kristina in before. Very Inception-ish if you ask me. I think for his sanity, Blake just needs to get the hell out of Mexico and fast.

-So I just mentioned how this show telegraphs what’s about to happen on the show. How many times have we seen it where they show a couple being all lovey dovey, or saying in ITM’s things are going great, then the very next scene is someone coming down the stairs to take one of the people in that couple out on a date. They set it up again last night by showing Chris and Katie (Jen Saviano coming in tonight to take Chris on a date), and Derek and Demi (with Hannah coming in for whatever reason she did last night and Kristian appearing tonight). So just watch out for that stuff if you haven’t noticed it in 6 seasons yet. The second any couple says things are going great between, assume the next scene or the next person in will be someone who directly affects that couple. Like clockwork every episode.

1. dbla31

August 20, 2019 at 10:03 AM

Loved/hated that fight last night. Loved it because I couldn’t stand Christian and was so happy he got body slammed and kicked off. I couldn’t remember him until that flashback to MTA where he was so ridiculously dressed and such a d-bag. Hated it because I lost my fave, Jordan so quickly! But he wasn’t seemingly connecting with anyone anyway. I hope he can redeem himself. I would hate to think we’ll never see him again. I think he can do it, because he is so articulate and calm (when he wants to be, like in the aftermath of that fight.) Christian is just an idiot. I don’t seem him being back for anything.

2. jp22

August 20, 2019 at 10:35 AM

Sorry. Jordan was all kinds of bratty and wrong. He is the one to walk up to mess with the piñata. He’s the one with the body slam. He has a screw loose. Whether you like Christian or not, Jordan was wrong. Also he destroyed what was developing between Nicole and Christian. There was a lot of chemistry there. Then Nicole ends up with nobody since Clay is looking like a commitmentphobe. Did anybody go up to Blake and bodyslam him on behalf of Dylan? So screw Jordan.

3. jlal

August 20, 2019 at 5:57 PM

I agree totally with you about Jordan. Remember when he had the throw the stuffed bear in the water tantrum?

4. carebear200302

August 20, 2019 at 9:33 PM

Alot of people are interviewing Mike on access.extra. could he possibly be the new bachelor? I pray so! That smile is contagious!

5. moreypinion

August 20, 2019 at 10:00 PM

So long, Bachelor in Paradise! Now it’s Queers in Paradise! You’ve lost me as a viewer!

6. atleast4characters

August 21, 2019 at 12:36 AM

What a cringeworthy propaganda piece having everyone celebrate the lesbian couple. They wouldn’t have brought on someone else’s pre-show dating partner (and not a previous cast member on the franchise) had it been a heterosexual couple. Normally the rest of the cast would be a bit miffed that you came on the show while still pining for someone you were seeing before coming on the show. At the forthcoming rose ceremony there are 8 guys but 9 roses, so obviously Chris’s announcement to change the rules will be having Demi hand out a rose.

August 21, 2019 at 5:41 AM

Kinda weird that people have a problem with a Lesbian couple on the show. Also, kinda weird that BIP thinks they’re being so cool and woke about it. For perspective, the time when it was really cutting edge, was when Ellen came out on her old comedy show…. in 1997! When are people going to act like this is 2019 instead of 1997? Gay couples are nothing out of the ordinary anymore. And for that reason, this whole setup with Demi and her current girlfriend brought on the show should be no different than if a straight couple did it. It’s really dumb. I guess that’s what we should expect from this show. I don’t know why I expected anything different.

8. dogmomma

August 21, 2019 at 7:05 AM

I don’t think people are as focused on the couple being gay as much as how the show broke all their rules and set the whole thing up for ratings. Especially after the Jed fiasco and how it became such a big deal.
    On another note, seems everyone on Twitter is rooting for Derek to be the Bachelor. It sure looked like they were giving him the edit last night.

9. flyingchaucer

August 21, 2019 at 10:25 AM

Reality Steve, I understand, given the levels of skepticism and trash talking that you tend to get, why you are defensive about when and where you are “right” in your take on the show. But with this Demi situation, I wish you might stop and think a little bit about how far that rightness might extend and how important it is? I’m not saying she didn’t plan to bring her GF on the show, that it’s not deeply producer manipulated, or that the franchise isn’t profiting (cringe-worthily) off of their first LGBTQ couple. It’s honestly also cringeworthy at best to see a straight man trying to speak over a woman’s discussion of her coming out process. I’m not sure why being right about how she has experience. I’m not saying you’re necessarily wrong–I don’t much care, either way and agree that the way this is framed on the show feels like an obvious set-up–but it’s hard for any straight person to know what processing goes into coming to terms with being queer, even while in a relationship. I guess I’m hoping you might reflect a little bit on where the voices and opinions of straight folx are not the ones that need to be attended to.