Bachelor in Paradise 6

“Bachelor in Paradise” – Episode 7 Recap, Reunion Taping Today, & Peter as the “Bachelor”

Photo Credit: ABC

-Lets move on to last night’s show. Every season there’s at least one episode that’s kind of a throw away episode. Not a whole hell of a lot happens, there isn’t much relationship advancement, and they spend a hell of a lot of time focusing on one particularly storyline. Last night was that episode. It was the JPJ and Tahzjuan show, with a little Haley thrown in. But mostly JPJ doing JPJ things, and Tahzjuan losing her mind. I don’t know how someone like that can watch back last night’s episode and not want to go crawl in a hole for about a week. Does she not have any self-awareness? Like, really? How can she do and say the things she did last night and not realize how horribly that was gonna come off on TV? Or hell, maybe she doesn’t care. I don’t know. But that was brutal to watch.

-Did we see anything in the Demi/Kristian relationship besides one mini talk on the could where Kristian thought she was flirting with JPJ? No. Did Dylan or Hannah even have one ITM last night? No. I think you can make an argument that while Mike and Sydney were down in Mexico, you could probably convince me those were androids put down there to look like Mike and Sydney and I’d believe you. Another “couple” that got zero air time. Clay and Nicole? Nothing. What a bizarre episode last night. That’s four couples that really got nothing of value shown about them last night. All last week, Demi and Kristian dominated the storylines. Demi did 1700 podcasts and interviews, sat in on GMA, and was the spokesperson for same sex couples. A week later, we get a 2 min conversation of them on the bed where Kristian seems bothered Demi might be flirting with JPJ only to realize she wasn’t, and the issue was squashed in 10 seconds. So lets break down the couples we did see have issues last night:

JPJ/Tahzjuan/Haley

I think I was losing brain cells watching JPJ and Tahzjuan on their date. Can anyone explain to me what the hell was going on? Were they communicating? Were they fighting? Were they speaking in code? Like, I can’t even describe the date because I’m still not sure what I watched. What I do know is that Tahz literally went cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs last night and I’m not sure why. Oh sure, they made it seem like it was because she was bothered JPJ went on a date with Haley when she showed up, but c’mon. There’s no way that was real, right? Tahz went on one date with the guy, and it was the most bizarre thing we’ve watched this season. She couldn’t possibly have been that upset he went on a date the next day. And if you’re a contestant on this show and ever want to ask yourself, “Are the producers your friends,” look no further than last night’s episode for your answer of a big, fat no. You don’t think a producer was rubbing her hands together producing Tahz down there? Of course they were.

Once Haley came in, it was clear that Tahz’s days were numbered in Mexico since JPJ was all over Haley like a cheap suit from the second they got down the beach. If I didn’t know any better, I thought JPJ was giving Haley a colonoscopy on the beach. Jesus. Imagine if they conveniently had Tahz walk by while JPJ’s arm was halfway up Haley’s rectum? Pretty sure Tahz may have blown a gasket if she saw that. In fact, I’m shocked they didn’t set that up. Hell, they set her up for everything else in that episode, might as well add that one. Either way, once that date was over, then JPJ/Haley/Tahz were back at the bar, that’s when the lunacy started in. If someone can explain the pigeon and seagull talk to me, that’d be great. What a flat out shit show that whole storyline was last night and I hope for Tahz’s sake she’s running as far away from this franchise as possible.

Dean & Caelynn

Well, it was Caelynn’s birthday on the night of the rose ceremony, but Demi made sure to plant the seed in her head that no matter how much Dean sweet talks her, remember his reputation and don’t get sucked in. So what did Caelynn do? She got sucked in. Caelynn is catching all the feels from probably the one guy in the franchise you don’t wanna catch any feels from. Go ask DLo and Kristina how that turned out for them. But nonetheless, after the Demi talk, Caelynn figures she should have the “where do we stand” talk with Dean. And Dean gives her the best Dean answer he could. “Having fun with you here…not interested in dating anyone else…I suck at dating…this is probably going nowhere once we’re outta here.” This makes Caelynn sad, she actually thought SHE was the one Dean truly wanted, and now tonight, Dean will leave her high and dry after giving her the rose last night. At least temporarily.

1. dbla31

August 27, 2019 at 8:37 AM

Very disappointed in Peter for Bachelor, but then I would have been equally disappointed in Derek or Mike. Black or white, they are all pretty boring. Peter was best described by Hannah when she talked about him reminding her of playing with dolls as a child and the guy she thought she wanted at that age: a total Ken doll. Will I still watch? Absolutely. The only one I would have genuinely enjoyed was Tyler, and we’ve known that wasn’t happening since After the Final Rose.

2. justsaying

August 27, 2019 at 9:13 AM

There’s just no justice in this world 🙁 Cant a girl get a hot Bachelor for friggin once

3. ctrealitygirl

August 27, 2019 at 9:21 AM

I’m with you justsaying. Peter is just too vanilla for my taste. And it bugs me that he ditched a woman he professed his love to in order to be cast on the Bachelorette. I don’t buy his sincerity. But my hopes for Tyler being named were sunk when he started dating Gigi Hadid…but can’t say as I blame him for his choice. Who would want to trade the new exciting lifestyle he’s waltzed into for a gig being the Bachelor, filled with nonsense and drama, and possibly end up like Hannah – alone. He’s living the good life and we’re stuck with Plain Peter. Ugh

4. joanne

August 27, 2019 at 10:58 AM

I actually found Peter quite charming. He was totally wrong in how he treated his last girlfriend though it was not as bad as Jed.

5. dogmomma

August 27, 2019 at 11:06 AM

In light of what has happened this season with Tyler ending up dating a super model after the show ends airing, it sure seems like most of the guys trying out for Bachelor in the future are going to have that in the back of their mind. If they go on the Bachelorette, say all the right things, get their heart broken, then they are setting the stage to meet and date beautiful, famous women. So, not that there are many men actually looking for love on the show, now there will be even less on there “for the right reason”. They can change the name of the show to Who Wants to Date a Model.

I have another thing bugging me. There are so many people posting nasty things about Hannah B because they think she’s either faking it when she seems happy in her Instagram posts, or they think she’s being a drama queen by posting things about how she’s struggling post show with her emotions. No matter what she does, she is criticized. Then, on the other hand, Gigi Hadid just ended a 3 year relationship and has jumped into this relationship with Tyler and it’s being reported that she’s happy again because her former relationship wasn’t good for her. Why aren’t people criticizing her for not taking the time to work on herself before jumping into another relationship?? I don’t care what either of the two women do with their lives, but is it really necessary for people to post hateful comments about someone that has come out of reality TV? Maybe women are just jealous of Hannah’s new life and opportunities, but why not get on board with the “lifting each other up” program instead of spewing so much hate!

6. ctrealitygirl

August 27, 2019 at 11:23 AM

I, too, do not get all the hate people are spewing these days. Like Steve is constantly pointing out, this is a reality TV show we’re talking about, yet viewers act like what the “stars” do is their personal business. And are people forgetting that Hannah is a 24 year-old woman? I think she’s very mature for her age and throughout her season illustrated that. As for the future of bachelor contestants, social media has changed the landscape completely. Just look at the hot mess that BIP is this summer. Everyone going in either knew their fellow castmates already, or slept with them. It’s no longer organic. I watched a talk show online yesterday where they were discussing the new phenomenon of famous stars going after Bachelor/ette contestants, ala Gigi Hadid and Demi Lovato. A Lot of celebs watch/follow the Bachelor shows and now they’re pursuing the cast-offs. It is what it is…not much any of us can do to change where modern technology takes us. But, as Chris Harrison is quick to point out, the Bachelor shows seem to be a barometer for what’s going in in the world of millenials who are up on the latest trends in technology and social media.

7. jenscho

August 27, 2019 at 12:27 PM

You didn’t mention Hannah G. and Dylan being a couple in this article. I thought they were together. Did they break up?

8. sportsfreak81

August 27, 2019 at 3:26 PM

@jenscho he literally mentions that all 3 couples that got engaged are still engaged