Have you tried the new savory Uncrustables? They have BBQ chicken and taco ones. Would love your review.
Comment: I would love to throw up now. Uncrustables should be for PB&J sandwiches and that’s it.
1. What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Washing dishes. So I basically try to use silverware as little as possible.
2. When scrolling through social media, do you prefer posts from celebrities or from your best friends/family? Most of my follows are reality TV people. My close friends and family don’t post much on social media.
Really enjoy your show! I’m a teacher and my coworkers and I listen to you each Thursday. Three questions for you:
1) What are your initial thoughts on Love Island Season 2? Do you think Season 2 will be more successful than Season 1? What do you think of the 7 days per week format? Well, if the first two nights ratings are any indication, it’s gonna do worse. I just think the US version will never catch on like it does overseas. I heard it’s like appointment TV for the UK. I’ve never seen the UK version. But to ask US viewers to commit to something every day of the week for 6 weeks? Please. It’ll never happen. Especially for a show like this which is just a bunch of shallow, vapid, IG influencers that sit around and talk all day. There’s not much excitement. Am I watching right now? Yes. Will I see every episode for 6 weeks? Highly doubt it.
2) What do you think of Bachelor/ette contestants going on the Challenge? I know Chase did terribly but do you think anyone else has a shot? I think there will be more in the future. Connor Obrochta is out there now to potentially be a part of season 36, but he might be an alternate. Not sure he’ll make final cast. Chase made sense. Finished top 3 on JoJo’s season and did “Ex on the Beach” before the “Challenge.” Connor doesn’t. He just isn’t that much of a known name in Bachelor Nation. Barely made a dent on his “Bachelorette” season (that I’m already forgetting which one he was on), and wasn’t that relevant in Paradise.
3) What’s your favorite song of this summer? Ummmmmmm…WAP?
What game strategy would you use if you were playing in the Big Brother house?
Comment: Would never get in a yelling match with anyone, would try to befriend as many people as possible, and would try to build a solid alliance early. I’ll deal with the pecking order of that alliance later. Get me on the main alliance early and I’m golden.
Appreciate all that you do and can’t wait to hear the spoilers for the new seasons of Bachelor and Bachelorette!
Providing they would agree to it, who would be your dream podcast guest from bachelor nation? Chris Harrison/Robert Mills, but that’s only if all topics are on the table. Which will never be the case, so in turn, it’ll never happen.
Love your site and podcast! Here are some questions (non-Bachelor related) if you need more variety for your upcoming episode.
Who would be in your top 5-6 of Challenge players? Did you watch the last season and if so your thoughts? Bananas, Leroy, Nany, Ashley, and Laurel. I’m an old school guy. Oh, and I do like Bear, Georgia, and Kyle out of the new group.
What has been your favorite vacation you have ever taken? Maui in 1993. Went twice in a span of 4 months and stayed at the same resort both times for 2 completely different trips. Didn’t know the second trip was gonna be staying at the exact same place as the first trip. Totally random.
What is one thing about you that would surprise long-time readers? I’m not sure.
If you had to eat one food/meal for the rest of your life – what would it be? Chicken parm. Some sort of pasta. Or a #1 from In-N-Out.
What is your go-to midnight snack? Don’t really have one. Not much of a snacker. Well, outside of PB&J Uncrustables.
Do you have a favorite quote from a movie/tv show/book? I’m not much of a book reader as you know. There’s tons of quotes I see on social media now that I see and am like, “Yeah, I like that one.” But I don’t really ever remember them 10 minutes later. There’s a lot of great ones. But one from a show I’ve always liked was this one. From my favorite show of all time “24,” season 2, George Mason says this to Michelle Dessler after he realizes he’s been exposed to nuclear radiation and will be dying soon…
“Don’t wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy, and do it. Because everything else is all just background noise.”
Have always liked that one. Very true.
What’s your most controversial opinion on something mundane? What I said Tuesday on the live. I’m in Tyler Cameron fatigue right now. We don’t need a story on every single thing he says on his YouTube channel. It’s not that important. Nor is it even all that interesting.
What would be the title of your memoir? Something with “Reality” in it.
A genie gives you 3 wishes – what are they? Just gimmie a gazillion dollars.
Do you think they will be filming Matt James entire season at the resort in Pennsylvania? Or will they try and travel to certain resorts or other places?
Yeah, I’m 99% positive it’ll all be there. I just don’t see how 2 months from now the show will all the sudden be cool with taking a traveling party on domestic flights to a bunch of different locations. Nemacolin was chosen for a reason. It’s huge and there’s plenty to do. They wouldn’t choose that place to only stay 3-4 episodes then take off. If that were the case, they would just start at the mansion.
Also, I tweeted this yesterday and Kelley responded to it:
This actually isn’t true but all good! ??
— Kelley Flanagan (@kelleyflanagan) August 26, 2020
I emailed Kelley afterwards for clarification. She told me she and Peter had Nemacolin booked months ago. This has nothing to do with ABC. Nemacolin is just looking for influencers to promote their resort so they’re reaching out to people with a large following, hence Jason, Peter, and Kelley. I’m sure there are others as well. My tweet wasn’t meant to say this is an ABC thing. I never mentioned ABC. But, the way I said it, I think Kelley thought I wrote it bc Nemacolin did it BECAUSE of Matt’s season being filmed there. She said it was booked months ago and has nothing to do with the show. In fact, Nemacolin tried to cancel their contract last week. So just thought I’d pass that along.
It makes all the sense in the world for a resort like Nemacolin to get as many influencers to talk about/promote their spot. It also makes even more sense that some of them are Bachelor Nation considering Matt’s season will be there filming in a couple months.
Question for podcast: would you participate in Survivor and/or Big Brother if given the opportunity. Survivor is my favorite reality show ever. Wouldn’t do it in a million years. Don’t care to. I don’t wanna sleep outside for over a month and get bitten by bugs. Sorry. I’ll take a bed and my sheets every night of the week and twice on Sundays. If you told me right now just to go outside and sleep in my backyard for a month where it’s probably 75 degrees every night, I still wouldn’t do it. Soooooo yeah, no dice on Survivor.
Bonus- which do you think you would do better at? Big Brother clearly.
some taylor swift Qs for the podcast- top 3 songs off folklore. What is your favorite taylor swift album?
Comment: Exile, illicit affairs, secret. I’d say 1989 is my favorite album from beginning to end. Plenty of songs from other albums I like, but, can listen to 1989 and basically like every song on it.
Hope you are having a great week! I am looking forward to this week’s podcast. Here are some questions for you to (hopefully) use.
1. F*uck, marry, kill: Olive Garden’s Chicken Parm, Lasagna Classico, and Fettuccine Alfredo (aka the Tour of Italy) F**k: Fettucine Alfredo (with chicken), Marry: Chicken Parm, and Kill: Lasagna Classico. Not that I don’t like it, it’s just my least favorite of the three.
2. What is your favorite thing about Kat? There’s plenty I like about her and I’m not gonna go all deep into it publicly. I go into this more on the podcast, but her energy. I’m more reserved, but I love the fact she’s always so upbeat, happy, and full of energy. Balances me out. Never really dated anyone like her.
3. Which lead and/or contestant from Bachelor Nation is most different in real life from their edit on the show- not necessarily talking about someone like Olivia Caridi who was obviously villainized. Is there anyone who has flown under the radar, in either a good or a bad way? Plenty both ways. Impossible to nail it down to a few. So many aren’t who they seem they are. And some are just as you expect them to be.
4. Which event in Bachelor Nation was the most fun/exciting for you to spoil? The Nick plane video for sure.
5. What would your last meal on Death Row be and why? The Tour of Italy of course.
And, last but not least:
6. Do you have any need for an intern? I am a PhD student with very strong administrative and research skill sets. I would be willing to work for free AND sign a NDA to take on this role for you. I am 100% serious.
Thanks for all you do!
Comment: Thanks. I get asked this a lot. And I wouldn’t have enough work to justify giving someone an internship.