Bachelor in Paradise 5

The Final “Reader Emails” of the Calendar Year, & Fallout from Yesterday’s Text-Gate

Photo Credit: ABC

What a wild ass 24 hours. I knew the Jordan stuff would be big because how could it not be? What made it especially weird was having to watch last night’s finale, knowing their engagement in Mexico was back in June, then the reunion show was taped 2 weeks ago. So nothing that aired last night was relevant to what was really going on since all this broke within the last 2 days. As I said on Twitter last night, it’s not like I take some sort of pleasure in having to break this news. It’s unfortunate. However, it’s my job to report major stories when it comes to this Bachelor franchise and this certainly qualified as one. There are still a lot of questions that I know a lot of you have, and nothing I ever report will ever be accepted 100% by everyone, I get that. All I can do is present you with the information that I have without compromising my sources and let you decide for yourself. In this situation, it’s also something that one of the parties involved needed to answer for themselves as well. If you saw Jordan’s response to the texts in his interview with People.com which posted late last night, you can tell he’s pretty shook by this. I can confirm those emotions from him because I spoke with him yesterday evening and basically everything he said in that interview is exactly what he told me. He’s very confused, and a lot of that confusion comes from the fact he isn’t getting the answers from Jenna one would want from a fiancé who’s been accused of this. I’m sure there’s more to come.

As for some of the text dissection, I kinda liken this to the Garrett situation. Remember when that happened and how many people swore up and down and went all Zapruder film saying those weren’t his likes, and they were fabricated, and the font was different, yada yada yada. I remember because hell, initially I was one of those people. They were fake until they weren’t. People are always looking to make any story they don’t want to believe into something that it’s not to fit their narrative. And acting like those texts from Jenna are just impossible for someone to send just because you don’t want to believe it is not good enough. I’m just curious why they’re so hard to believe? But for the sake of dissection, let me address a few of the things I was emailed about yesterday:

1) The time stamp was only off by a minute and the battery power was the same on both texts. This one I didn’t understand how people were using this as their argument it wasn’t real. I told the guy I need some proof of what Jenna did/said to show that it was legit. So he took a screen shot of his phone of two different text conversations he had with her. The time stamp was of his phone on Monday morning when he took the screenshots, not when she sent the texts. So yes, he took the screen shots within a minute of each other and the battery power was the same.

2) Why would she call him princess? I mean, did you watch Paradise this season? Is it really THAT bizarre to think Jenna called a guy princess? Not to me it wasn’t. And to others as well. Again, more to come on this I’m sure.

3) Her name at the top of the screen is not how names appear on Iphone messages. Jordan sent me a screen shot yesterday of a text conversation he had back with Jenna in August. Jordan has an Iphone. On the top of the screen of that message, Jordan has her in his phone as “Jenna” with an engagement ring next to it. The guy’s texts yesterday had “Jenna Cooper” with a heart next to it. So yes, it’s possible that’s how a name can appear in your Iphone texts. You just have to adjust the settings. And by the way, the screen shot Jordan sent me of texts with Jenna, her style and writing is exactly the same as the texts I posted yesterday. Tons of emoji’s and even her asking him, “You still love me?” It was bizarre. I’m guessing that’s why he said what he said to People. He knows her writing and her style. It fits.

4) Her text on Monday was photoshopped over an original text, you can see the outline. Again, we’re in a time where people are gonna believe what they want to believe so it fits their storyline. I have no reason to believe the texts were fabricated. I stand by my reporting yesterday and my source.

So that’s where we’re at. Trust me, there’s more to come on this. I’m sure of it. But I just wanted to lay some things out there regarding the actual text dissection, because when people start questioning that, then you’re calling into question my credibility, and that’s where I need to step in. I think over the last 9 years, I’ve proven myself to be pretty credible when it comes to this franchise.

So yeah, a lot of today’s “Reader Emails” are stuff that came down late last week or in the last two days. Most isn’t Jordan/Jenna related, and that topic is gonna rule Bachelor Nation for the next week or so. This is the final “Reader Emails” of the calendar year, since starting next week, the “Bachelor” will begin filming, I’ll be doing “Daily Links” as much as I can, along with spoiling Colton’s season in real time. It’s a been a fun ride this year to say the least.

1. katieottawa

September 12, 2018 at 8:59 AM

this is what i wrote a couple of weeks ago.

personally i found the men to be much more serious, loyal and genuine to the women they were interested in than the women who seemed to care more about the attention of multiple men on them and playing games.

jordan. you can tell he is interested in jenna. it was a done deal for him, right after he went to the other girl he was seeing before and was upfront with her. the rest of the time he was only about her. shes the one who decided to play games with benoit. he may have his flaws but i think he deserves better. she isnt serious about him which in a way i feel bad for him. shes going to hurt him.

i saw this coming a mile away. poor guy.

2. klo823

September 12, 2018 at 9:46 AM

I don’t buy what Jordan is selling. His feelings right off the bat for Jenna on Paradise seemed a little too strong and contrived. I believe the texts are real, but I think Jenna & Jordan were in on this together for publicity and notoriety in the franchise.

Another theory is maybe Jordan thought they were going to ride it out until a publicized abc wedding and then break up after. He might’ve been blindsided in that respect…just a thought. I know his Mom had said she had to console Jordan crying on her lap or whatever, but she could easily have been in on it too to help promote her son’s narrative.

3. jlal

September 12, 2018 at 11:30 AM

I’m not a big fan of Jordan’s, but I don’t think for a second he was in on this. Jenna is a manipulator and user, plain and simple. It was obvious that while jealous and insecure, he was also big time into to Jenna. He didn’t even look at anyone else one he saw her. No, I think he is legit and was used by a master manipulator.

September 12, 2018 at 12:12 PM

I’m not a fan of Jordan & I have already commented that I see this as a form of karma for the way he’s been treating other people in both shows. Not so much David, because I think David enjoyed tweaking Jordan & drawing a reaction, but more like the explosions he had where he was abusive and profane with women. That’s not OK.

I had considered Jordan’s “love at first sight” reaction to Jenna initially as possibly a gay man trying to react like they think a straight man might react…. kind of like Tom Cruise’s couch jumping a few years back. If you know what I’m talking about there. His response to Jenna was WAY over the top. What straight guy acts like that?? But I did warm up mostly to the idea that he was really into Jenna… though I’m not completely off the idea of him being gay & trying to act straight.

Anyway, I’m still ultimately blown away by Jenna’s actions. Not only was she a duplicitous cheater, she was actually planning on leaving Jordan with a big black eye by making up some story about him on the way out the door. Who does that? What a terrible person she is. Her actions are way beyond the typical cheating that we’ve come to expect. She is a very mean spirited person. It shows you what some people are capable of.

5. littlelil

September 12, 2018 at 12:37 PM

Surprised nothing was mentioned in today’s post about Amanda’s arrest or Bekah’s pregnancy.

6. leighk

September 12, 2018 at 3:22 PM

As far as people dropping out when they find out who The Bachelor/ette will be, it’s probably not too many people, but I did. Of course, this was quite a while ago (Lorenzo’s season). After casting called to give me his info to check him out, I called to drop out. The reason I say it’s probably not too many people is because the casting agent pushed very hard for me to continue the process. She even suggested I stay “just to see where it takes you.” It was 3 phone calls before she realized I wasn’t giving in. The next season they called but I was in a “real relationship.” That year (I don’t remember who The Bachelor was), they even asked how serious my relationship was, lol. Based on my experience, anyone who they were interested in casting accepted whether for the “right reasons” or exposure.

7. pugmom

September 12, 2018 at 3:41 PM

Okay I was one of the ones who didn’t believe it was real at first but now I do. I feel really bad for Jordan. He seemed really into her and he was very loyal. It’s hard to think it was a fake relationship for him because he was very bad at faking attraction to Becca during her season. I gotta give RS props because he really didn’t like Jordan so much throughout the show yet when he found this information he even reached out to Jordan to confirm that it was really the way she writes. I really admire that! Also… Leighk that’s really interesting that casting reached out to you to let you know who the Bachelor was. I wonder if they still do that??

8. corn29

September 12, 2018 at 3:45 PM

2 wrongs don’t make a right but I’m actually okay with this. Jordan is a world class jerk. The way he spoke to Benoit last night was deplorable. He treats people horribly. This is just karma for him.

Happy to see Jordan get his comeuppance! Well earned and deserved!

9. screenname

September 12, 2018 at 4:04 PM

I honestly don’t get why people follow anyone from the Bachelor franchise. I tried following a couple of accounts on IG, and It’s like literally watching commercials. These people don’t actually choose to use the product, the product chooses them and they just use it because hey, it’s free.
    And they all promote the same exact thing!
    There are famous actors with fewer followers than some of these contestants.
    Maybe when people stop blindly following bachelor/bachelorette accounts they might change what the typical cast member looks like and get some more interesting contestants with some substance.

10. jlal

September 12, 2018 at 4:15 PM

Why did Amanda get arrested?

As for Jordan being gray, really? This is not 1988. People don’t have to be in the closet anymore, unless they’re a Scientologist. He is a model and metro Male. My gaydar never went off with him. I do agree he ducked at faking he liked Becca. However, he didn’t take liking Jenna, he was crazy about her.

11. jlal

September 12, 2018 at 4:17 PM

Jeez, Gay not gray.

12. jlal

September 12, 2018 at 4:19 PM

I hate autocorrect

13. jlal

September 12, 2018 at 4:58 PM

okay, turned off autocorrect. He sucked at faking he liked Becca, but I don’t think he faked liking Jenna.

September 12, 2018 at 4:59 PM

True, being out is way easier these days. But if he was out, he wouldn’t have been a Bachelorette or BIP contestant. So there is incentive to fake it to be on the show. And I get the Metrosexual thing. I wasn’t reacting to his grooming, I was reacting to how he acted around Jenna. Gay people acting straight might overcompensate, like Tom Cruise did. I mostly think he’s not gay. But I’m just not ready to dismiss it completely.

September 12, 2018 at 5:04 PM

I am largely in agreement. Jordan has no filter. So there isn’t much to read about him. He puts whatever is on his mind out there. That’s why he can be a world class jerk one minute and a decent guy the next minute. He’s ruled by his emotions.

16. corn29

September 12, 2018 at 6:34 PM

No such thing as metro… just a made up, contrived, contemporary label for someone who still hasn’t come out yet — even though it’s 2018. NTTIAWWT.

17. littlelil

September 12, 2018 at 7:25 PM

There is absolutely such thing as being metrosexual – to think otherwise is narrow-minded, and to think metrosexuals are closeted gays is just plain ignorant.

18. corn29

September 13, 2018 at 6:26 AM

@littlelil

“Can’t wear white pants anymore so I’m shopping for vanilla bean now to start the fall” — Jordan

SAID. NO. STRAIGHT. GUY. EVER!

19. jlal

September 13, 2018 at 7:32 AM

Corn, What part of Jordan is a model do you not understand?

20. ctrealitygirl

September 13, 2018 at 8:05 AM

Wow…what’s with all the “Jordan is gay” talk?? Why would a gay man want to go on The Bachelorette or Bachelor In Paradise? It makes no sense to me. And I never got taht vibe from him at all…narcissistic at times, yes. But HE’S A MODEL!!! And I found him way more likeable on BIP and downright entertaining. rob22, you keep insisting he acted too over the moon about Jenna to be straight. Have you been watching these shows?? They ALL act over the moon about people they’ve just met. I believe he truly fell hard for her and didn’t see her for what she is. Alas, most of us watching her antics could see it…mostly the way she juggled Jordan and Benoit. I definitely got the impression she thrived on all the attention from men. But had hopes that at the end she really did have feelings for Jordan…until RS spilled the beans.

September 13, 2018 at 8:22 AM

Yeah, I get that I’m probably wrong about Jordan being gay. The guy is just REALLY unusual. I’ve never seen anyone like him. He doesn’t act like any straight dude I’ve ever seen. Or any guy, period. But, of course, that doesn’t mean he’s gay. It could just mean he’s a weird guy. I’m OK with that assessment. There are a lot of weird people around. He’s just a different flavor of weird. Real different. His reactions to the things around him are off. Not normal. I’m sure that’s why they cast him on the show.

22. tinyred500

September 13, 2018 at 8:59 AM

Jenna is a truly nasty piece – ‘duplicitous cheater’, great description rob22! I feel for Jordan. I’ve always liked him, he’s funny and doesn’t mind making a fool of himself…wearing those gold lamé underpants that Becca gave him for a start and that red flowery outfit on BIP! He doesn’t deserve this treatment.

I definitely don’t think Jordan is gay, but over the top persona yes, absolutely. Why do people have to be given labels or pigeon holed?! I don’t get with the gay slurs at all. I really don’t think a gay man would want be a contestant on a dating reality show ..they have nowhere or no way to hide their past or who they are (pay people off etc). Overall, given this is a well known reality show in America, I’m absolutely sure there would be an ex something or other out there to ‘out’ them and sell their story to all and sundry.

23. corn29

September 13, 2018 at 2:55 PM

@jlal

I didn’t know that in your world orientation and profession had a causal relationship.

Again, No straight man has ever worried about what color pants he is wearing after labor day nor is vanilla bean a color in their mind.

NTTIAWWT

24. tinyred500

September 13, 2018 at 3:20 PM

Did it ever occur to you that Jordan has a sense of humour? A lot of his words etc., were said in jest and weren’t to be taken literally or seriously.

25. corn29

September 13, 2018 at 6:54 PM

I guess I don’t consider putting people down, talking about women as possessions, and just being flat out mean as having a “sense of humor”.

Words matter.

You cannot be a pig in jest; otherwise Trump would be the funniest man on the planet.

26. hastings

September 17, 2018 at 8:21 PM

Your experience with men that are into fashion must be pretty limited. One of my first jobs was working in a men’s department of an upscale mall store. Most men that came in didn’t care about their clothes much but a few cared like it was the most important thing in their lives. Really didn’t have much to do with gay or straight.