Bachelor in Paradise 6

“Bachelor in Paradise 6” – Episode 1 Recap, Jed’s Media Tour, Hannah/Tyler/Gigi Craziness, & Something is Off With the Blake Storyline

Photo Credit: ABC

And that now brings us to the love triangle that is Hannah/Tyler/Gigi Hadid. Well, it’s not really a love triangle, which is the main point that everyone is missing. So a couple days after the ATFR, we have the paparazzi pictures of Tyler leaving Hannah’s place in the morning. They had their drink, they stayed the night, and Hannah was very vocal about the time they had.

Then word broke over the weekend that Tyler was at the Dumbo House on Sunday with Gigi Hadid, to which E! news provided proof of them leaving together. Tyler escaped out the back into her SUV. Of course, that didn’t prevent the Tyler/Hannah fans to still try and rationalize what happened. You know, “Oh, they’re both models. They met up to talk modeling.” Really? At a private club? At 11 at night? And he left to go back to her place with her so they could talk more modeling? You absolutely have every right to believe in your warped sense of reality and inability to see anything past Hannah & Tyler getting married and staying together forever that that’s what him meeting up with supermodel Gigi Hadid was about. And I also have every right to think you might be the most naïve person in the world for thinking that.

At no point since their sit down last Tuesday on the ATFR did Hannah or Tyler ever say they were dating, were trying to date, or were working on getting back together. There’s a reason the language that night was her just asking him for drinks – because that’s what it was. Drinks. And he stayed over. They never said they were dating, nor were trying to date. It was just two people who’d been through an experience together, who cared for each other, looking to stay in touch post show. People wanted to read into something that wasn’t there, but I said it then and I’ll say it again, I don’t see anything developing between these two in terms of a committed relationship. They like and respect one another, they hung out post show, but it’s nothing more than that. If they would’ve specifically said on the ATFR they were willing to give their relationship another try, then that is completely different language and at least you could say they were giving it a chance. They never even got to that point.

The only people who are destroying Tyler right now for seeing Gigi days after he hung out with Hananh and the nutso Hannah/Tyler fans who think they’re dating/engaged/ready to have children. Unfortunately, these people aren’t living in the same world that the rest of us are. Hell, they’re not even living in the same world that Hannah and Tyler are because at no point have they said that’s where their relationship is going. After the Gigi stuff broke this weekend, Hannah spoke yesterday with her thoughts on it. I included the link earlier, and maybe people didn’t or they just skimmed it, but these are the words that came out of Hannah’s mouth:

“I have feelings, but I’m also single and he’s single and I wanna keep my options open and he can keep his options open…”

“We definitely hung out and talked about everything and… I know nobody will believe me [about] just hanging out and actually talking but it was good to be able to catch up. We had a lot to talk about…”

“We are trying to figure out how we feel. I don’t know where he’s at with wanting to be the Bachelor. I think he has his options open as well, and if the Bachelor is one of those options, then I guess I’ll support him if that’s what he wants to do.”

“I am single, and people slide into my DMs if they want to, but I just got out of an engagement and dating 30 men. [Dating] is not really not my sole focus right now. I’m working on Hannah and loving Hannah, and so you know, if that means going to have a drink again with somebody else, then I’m all for it.”

Are any of the quotes equivalent to Hannah and Tyler being in a committed relationship? Not only that, are any of those quotes even insinuating that they’re even dating? It’s clear as day they’re not, so, Tyler can do whatever the hell he wants. Hannah and Tyler fans can scream and piss and moan as long as they want, and apparently getting hit with a frying pan of news across the face still won’t change their perception of what’s going on here, but guys, there is no Hannah & Tyler. And there won’t be going forward. That ship sailed the second she chose Jed over him in Greece. Tyler is the most popular contestant in this show’s history, and it’s really not even close. I’m not going just off IG followers either, which I think he’s already in top 5 or something. I’m just talking about public adoration, pop culture buzz, media attention, etc. We’ve never seen anything like this. That ship has sailed with Hannah unfortunately. And you know what? There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. I guarantee you Hannah will have a new boyfriend or be seen dating someone new within the next 3-6 months. She’ll be fine. And he’s already fine. Things happen. It’s amazing how many of you loved Tyler and Hannah last week on that ATFR couch, but because they aren’t together now, you immediately turn on him like he did something wrong. Uhhhh, your own girl is saying she’s single and she’s been saying that since last week. They. Were. Never. Dating. Post. Show. They had a night together. One. And now both are seemingly over it and moving on and probably be better because of it.

Which now brings us to DWTS stuff. Over the weeked, GMA was announcing on their Twitter account that the first two dancers of the season were going to be announced yesterday on their show. Due the tragic events of this past weekend, they’ve postponed that indefinitely. Speculation immediately began that those first two contestants to be named were gonna be Hannah and Tyler. Not what I heard. From everything I’ve been told, this whole “Tyler on DWTS” was never a thing. He’s not gonna be on it, nor was he ever supposed to be, so this isn’t Gigi related with the latest stories. That’s just people speculating, and I’m here to tell you, at no point had I ever heard Tyler was doing DWTS. Now Hannah on the other hand, I’d be shocked if she isn’t on this season’s cast. I fully expect her to be named at some point. DWTS used to do the whole cast at once on GMA and there’d always be a few names that leaked out early. But now because they couldn’t control those leaks, they announced them 1 or 2 at a time on social media or GMA. I don’t know when Hannah will be part of the announcement, but I expect it. She’s hot right now and it makes sense, so expect her to be part of cast announcements in the future.

1. moenglish24

August 6, 2019 at 9:12 AM

You actually can double tap a comment to like it! You’re not quite in what I’d call the current “young” generation so can’t blame you for not knowing I guess………

2. wavie101

August 6, 2019 at 10:45 AM

I don’t understand why everyone is so obsessed with Tyler. He spent his entire on the show literally spouting crap about how he respects women so much. Sure that’s something great, but he knew what he was doing. He was literally building a brand. Now he’s going to be making money and connecting himself with famous women.

3. dogmomma

August 6, 2019 at 11:34 AM

I agree with the general idea Steve gave about Hannah & Tyler’s current relationship. I didn’t think they were trying to get back together because they never insinuated that anytime last week. I’m glad Hannah is going to enjoy being single because she’s pretty young and she probably got a lot of personal growth out of the season and hopefully she has learned some lessons about watching out for red flags when you date someone. When Tyler was on Ben & Ashley’s podcast, Ben told him to stay true to himself and not let the fame go to his head. That’s going to be hard to do since he has become so popular, and now he’s going out with a famous model. I’m sure we’ll see more of him in the tabloids. I ended up liking Hannah a lot more than I thought at the beginning of the season, so I hope she keeps her dating life more private.

4. ctrealitygirl

August 6, 2019 at 1:03 PM

I truly wish everyone would simmer down with all the attention they’re giving Tyler’s dates with Gigi Hadid. For crying out loud, he’s a hunk of a guy and an attractive famous model starts following him at the end of his stint on the Bachelorette, where he gets his heart broken. So, what if he had drinks with Hannah one night then dated someone else?? Watching AFTR I saw how he tensed up when Chris Harrison was nudging Hannah about her feelings for him, and I truly felt that, being the nice guy that he is, agreed to the drink invitation rather than shoot her down on national TV after everything else she’d been through, especially the disappointment in her final pick. I just wish ABC would relax and still give him a chance to be the next Bachelor. I found Chris Harrison’s recent statements about Tyler not being serious enough for the gig to be maddening. I have a hunch that they have someone else in mind and are looking to sabotage Tyler’s chances. And after watching BIP last night, I couldn’t help but wonder whether they might be looking at Clay Harbor for the role?? It would silence all the viewers criticizing ABC for not being racially diverse. And he’s a hunky football player ala Colton. Just sayin’

5. zombie_hands

August 6, 2019 at 1:32 PM

Steve I couldn’t even tell you the number of times I accidentally liked something! It can be done…I’m living proof! I believe him on that.

6. justsaying

August 6, 2019 at 1:51 PM

Predictable of Chris Harrison (a.k.a. Bachelor mouthpiece) is now smearing Tyler, just because he rejected Hannah and went with Gigi.

7. justsaying

August 6, 2019 at 1:58 PM

@zombie_hands It’s also very easy to unlike something once you’ve liked it

8. dogmomma

August 6, 2019 at 2:01 PM

But I wonder if Tyler would even want to be the Bachelor… There are usually only a handful of good contestants on the show, and he’s now gone out with a famous model. He can probably do way better on his own, and he doesn’t have to do a fake proposal after knowing someone for a month.

9. ctrealitygirl

August 6, 2019 at 2:31 PM

You nay be right dogmomma. I did read one interview with him (before his dates with Gigi Hadid), where he stated that he wasn’t sure he wanted it. He may just not be cut out for it. And, with his looks and being such a nice guy, he’ll do quite well on his own, like you said. I just hate that Chris Harrison is dissing him. Did he really think they could manipulate them to get together??

10. tinyred500

August 6, 2019 at 3:02 PM

I agree with so many of your points and dogmomma’s. Chris Harrison said it was all about ‘sincerity as to why Tyler might not get the Bachelor lead. Does he truly believe the leads and contestants alike are sincere in their quest!? Don’t most go on there for the platform now? The programme let sincerity fly out the window long ago…and it shows by the type of contestants they allow to participate! SMH What utter twaddle!

Hannah and Tyler are not an item, like so many have said previously, he was put on the spot at ATFR. I don’t care what Tyler does or doesn’t do, I just hope he doesn’t let fame go to his head.

11. adelina

August 6, 2019 at 4:37 PM

@waivie101….totally agree with you about Tyler saying all of the right things. I don’t know if I’d label it brand building, but he is well aware of his looks and well aware of how easily women swoon when someone so handsome also appears to have a heart. Sometimes I shake my head at the breadcrumbs women will settle for and then absolutely fall over when someone is simply kind. Something we should all expect at a minimum.

12. anita29

August 6, 2019 at 6:44 PM

For the people keeping count, Tyler just reached 2M followers on Instagram. I think he is number one on Bachelor Nation.

13. joanne

August 6, 2019 at 7:20 PM

I don’t think Chris Harrison smeared Tyler or said anything out of line. But the fact is, if Tyler is openly dating someone he’s not going to be picked. And for all we know, Tyler might not even want to be the Bachelor.

I’m not really sure what the big attraction is to him anyway, but that’s just me.

Tyler hasn’t done anything wrong, but if photos keep appearing on TMZ and other sites of him with Gigi or whoever, he’s won’t be ABC’s choice. They have to keep up the facade that people are going on the show to find “true love”.

14. dogmomma

August 7, 2019 at 10:21 AM

It will be interesting to see who is the next Bachelor. When Mike comes on Paradise next week, we’ll see how they portray him. They’ve already given Pilot Pete an edit that could put him in that spot. And as for Clay… I didn’t see much personality in him on Paradise so they would have to do something to make him stand out if they wanted to cast him. They started picking people off the radar lately… what if they chose Blake?? Now that would cause some drama!!!

15. justsaying

August 7, 2019 at 2:03 PM

@joanne Chris Harrison was comparing Tyler to Blake and went on and on about how Tyler’s bouncing around from girl to girl blah blah, and how Tyler’s was Hannah’s 2nd or 3rd choice at best. Alrighttyyyy, not dissing Tyler at all. Now Chris H isn’t onboard with Hannah and Tyler.. eyes roll.

Mike for bachelor, pleaseeee pretty pleaseeee with a cherry on top. Peter is phony baloney, I don’t find him hot or handsome what-so-ever.

August 8, 2019 at 9:45 AM

So if Tyler can get on with Gigi Hadad and gather 2M IG followers, what does he need The Bachelor for? He’s already accomplished what most Bachelors can only dream of. And certainly Tyler is already dating WAY above Hannah. So why would he need Hannah? The guy’s living the life. If The Bachelor wants Tyler, they’re going to have to cut a really big check. That may not even be enough.

17. carbha

August 8, 2019 at 7:23 PM

From that picture of Tyler on his phone leaving Hannah’s apartment; I don’t even think he was even interested in her. I think they got closure and that was the end. Tyler was rejected by Hannah over 2 months ago so he has moved on. If he has been texting Gigi for a while now and they can now go public then I don’t see that he is the bad guy that Chris Harrison is trying to make him out to be. Hannah screwed up when she didn’t choose him and that is all on her and her alone.

18. justsaying

August 9, 2019 at 1:41 PM

@carbha, I agree with your analysis about Tyler leaving Hannah’s apartment. He was busy with his phone and not smiling then, proceeded to just walk off.

Nick, on his podcast, brought up a great point. If the tabloids had photos of Hannah and Tyler hugging and kissing, they most certainly would have released it.