1. Are there any restrictions in Paradise regarding how much time they’re allowed to spend with each other? Is it free range, all day and all night if they wanted to? I always assumed it was which is why I find it weird that they all want a date so bad. Is it because they get TV time or does it honestly give them more time with each other? They can spend as much time together as they want. I think the people who so badly want to go on dates are people that probably got little air time or never had a 1-on-1 when they were on the “Bachelor” or “Bachelorette.” Plus, you gotta remember, when you’re hearing them say that in an ITM, it’s because a producer is behind the camera saying, “Talk about how badly you’d like today’s date.” So they just go along with it.
2. Any news on the whole Dean love triangle? I see Kristina and DLo no longer follow him on Instagram haha Dean is playing the field.
3. Weird that Peter is turning down the role? Do you think it’s because he doesn’t want to come off like a hypocrite for not being able to propose to Rachel? Or do you think he genuinely just doesn’t want the gig and wants to get back to “normal” life?
Comment: I really don’t know the exact reason.
Just wondering why they bring people on at different times and how they choose who comes in when for Paradise, since it’s so short already. All based on storylines. You notice that every new person who comes in is coming in at a time where the person they end up going on a date with is “involved” with someone else. Not a coincidence. They’re essentially scripting everything behind the scenes before deciding who gets to go in when. That’s why DLo shows up when she did. And right after Lacey has a date with Diggy, they bring in Dominique who they knew would ask him on a date. All for television.
Do you think Taylor and Derek will get engaged in the live finale? Yes.
I wanted to let you know how much I’m loving the podcasts. The one with Lace was really candid and it was great how she talked about the whole Grant relationship. I’m happy that she has found someone who doesn’t get engaged every five seconds. She was great. Loved hearing her admit she was never in love with Grant and more in love with the IDEA of being in love with Grant. Truth.
I’m a huge fan of the dynamic between you and Sharleen. I would really like to see more content from the both of you. She’s very thoughtful with what she says and you’re very blunt so I think that combination is wicked. Any chance of more free content? I also really like the Olivia dynamic too. The franchise really took advantage of her naivety and I’m glad she was able to build a brand off of that. Any chance we get to hear another podcast between the two of you? I’d say a good chance on both of those.
Thanks for all the spoiling and I think both the Peter crazies and the Dean crazies have lost their minds. It’s insane to see how much they care.
Comment: Yes, it is.
So whats the deal with Dean and Ashley I? In the podcast with her and Ben she basically fangirls over Dean HARD. Its kind of embarrassing. Is this one of Dean’s many shady relationships?
Comment: No idea. Didn’t listen to it.
Why did Sarah from Bachelor in Paradise move to Dallas, where Adam lives? I thought Adam was with Raven according to you.
Your biggest fan
Comment: He is. Sarah didn’t move for Adam. Apparently she has family out here so she made the move.
Hi Steve! I have some more questions for this week.
1) Here’s a game of word association. Say the first word that comes to mind when you read these names. You’ll have to take my word for it when I say these were the first words that came to my mind when I read this list:
Kristina – Fun-sized
Raven – Firecracker
Nick – Ego
Kaitlyn – Blunt
Ashley I. – Dramatic
DLo – Gorgeous
Robby – Wooden
Amanda – Confused
2) If you had to date 1 girl from the 3 most recent seasons of The Bachelor. Who’d it be? I don’t know.
3) If Chris Harrison couldn’t do another season, who would you want as host? I honestly would not care.
4) Which seasons have been the easiest and the hardest to spoil? Ashley’s and Juan Pablo’s were pretty easy. As was Sean’s. Des’ was the hardest since it was the only one I got wrong and never got right.
5) Lol this one is personal. How tall are you? You seem like a 6’3 kinda guy. I’m 6’2.”
Also, just wanted to say thank you for all that you do! You are so under appreciated and each time you post it makes my day. You’re awesome!!
Comment: Thanks. Good to hear that every once in a while. Glad I could entertain in some way.
Hey Reality Steve!
Couple of questions while watching this week, and also one from the past…
1.) This is old news but I saw a comment about a Marcus and Lacy wedding and I didn’t watch that season but tried to catch up on that quick…what was the gist of what went down with that one? I see they’re no longer together…The wedding they filmed in Mexico wasn’t a real wedding. They never had a marriage license. The real wedding was supposed to take place in the states a few months later, but Marcus broke it off.
2.) After seeing the shade Mike Fleiss threw at Peter this week, if Peter is truly not going to do the bachelor…who would be your top pick for who it would be? Even if possibly unrealistic….and why? I honestly don’t have a top pick. It does not matter to me. I don’t watch the show in hopes that certainly people find love.
3.) I’m no editing/production guru but I literally laughed out loud when Sarah sat down with Ben Z. And told him to tell her about himself…I knew they would immediately show him starting off about his dog. There’s no way he just gave that as his first comment. Poor guy…
Comment: Yeah, Ben got the goofy edit this summer.
Hey thank you for your spoilers! It’s so much better watching knowing what’s going to happen.
I know you’re a big fan of FNL. I watched when it was airing and it was very common among my group of friends that Julie Taylor is the worst character maybe ever and we all dislike her. Wasn’t until a few years ago, when people started binging it on Netflix, that I realized it’s a thing. There are BuzzFeed articles about it, tweets, etc. So just wondering how you feel about Julie Taylor? Coach Taylor and Tami, though…. LOVE
Comment: I’m not as down on her as a lot of the diehards were. However, compared to everyone else on the show, yeah, her storylines usually seemed to be the worst.
Hi Steve, love listening to your podcasts at work. DeAnna Stagliano has been my favorite so far.
I’m going to just bang out some questions/comments.
1) What am I missing about Adam? What is so appealing? I don’t know much about the guy. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
2) How can Luke and Robby be back in the running for Bachelor? What is Robby gonna do – dump Amanda all of sudden along with all her followers – which is what he really wants. Who says they are?
4) I know the answer to this – but didn’t Dean just ruin what little chance he had to be Bachelor? I believe I covered this in yesterday’s column.
5) What was Robby’s purpose for being on that stage? Unless they edited his responses. To show off his awful jacket.
6) I think Peter will have a change of heart when they throw more money at him. But if he doesn’t, do you think the next Bachelor should be Ben 2.0. I know he gave that answer about not being ready, but alot of money can change anyone’s mind. Plus rubbing it in Lauren’s face would be a plus. No.
7) Did DeMario ever get his job back? Him getting fired was one of the things that pissed me off. I don’t even know what his job was.
8) What was that weird overnight encounter that Raven described between her , Adam, and Sarah? I don’t know the details other than they all hung out in Dallas during the shut down. And I guess in the morning, Adam and Sarah were cuddling.
9) Where is the Girl Code among these contestants? DLo knew about Dean’s trip home with Raven. And Sarah knew Raven was into Adam. I know this Bachelor Family is incestuous but WTF. There is zero code when it comes to contestants from this show. Never has been one and never will be one. They don’t care.
And after seeing Robby and his obsessiveness, Amanda deserves him. I am one of the few who is Team Josh.
Keep up the good work.
Comment: Yes, I’d say you’re one of the few. He’s got a little army out there, just like any contestant has a fan base, but I’d say he didn’t do himself any favors last season.
I just wanted to get a male perspective on Robbys wardrobe. The flowered jacket on the Demario interview was especially hideous to me but I wondered if guys notice what other guys wear? His clothes are so flashy they even distract from his Ross teeth.
Comment: We notice when it’s that ridiculous. The guy is marching to the beat of his own drum, that’s for sure.
Have watched the Bachelor franchise on and off for years. Have known about your site and checked in on it occasionally up until the past season where I’ve followed you weekly and it has extremely entertaining and insightful. One comment on Rachel, I love how her catchphrase is “keeping in 100” yet she has hair extensions and wears fake eyelashes in every episode. Ha! I found that funny. Your obviously not a real beauty. Anyway my question which I’m sure you have explained in the past so I apologize, but in reading one of your email responses you mentioned there are 50 guys/girls on the first night but only 25/30 actually meet the bachelor/ette. Why is that? How does that process work? Do producers pick the contestants prior to knowing who the lead is going to be? Thanks
Comment: No, there are 50 at final casting weekend, which is almost 2 months before filming starts. Then they select roughly half from that weekend.
Send all links and emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page, or listen to all my podcasts at Apple Podcasts. Talk to you tomorrow.