The Bachelor 22 - Arie

The “Bachelor” Arie – Episode 7 Recap, “Women Tell All” Tapes Today, & More “Winter Games” Spoilers

Photo Credit: ABC

-Chris Harrison starts us off with a bombshell in Tuscany. Well, it’s not really all that big of a bombshell, because by the end of the episode, we’ll still be down to four girls who’ll get hometown dates. It’s HOW we get to that point which is done differently than any previous season that I can remember. Usually there are 1-on-1 dates and a group date before hometowns, but no roses given out on the 1-on-1’s, just the group, and we have one girl guaranteed a hometown. The rest have to wait til the rose ceremony to get theirs. Chris says there will be no rose ceremony, roses will be given out on the 1-on-1’s and two roses on the group date. I think my brain exploded. Was probably the main reason why I was confused when I initially posted the episode-by-episode spoilers how this date went down. Glad we got that cleared up. But with no rose ceremony Chris, what the f**k are they paying you for this episode? Drink wine and eat cheeses in Tuscany? Rough life. The only thing I want to know is if Chris was allowed to bring his boyfriend Ben Higgins to join him in Italy. I hope they made those accommodations for him. You know, because we haven’t seen a host-contestant romance like theirs since Probst and Colby. It’s getting out of hand how much time they spend together.

-The date card for Becca says “Lets fall in love under the Tuscan sun.” Arie picks her up in a car and they head to Barga, with Becca leading the way by saying “Lets do the damn thing.” I’m beginning to think that’s her thing now. And if she’s the “Bachelorette,” you can bet your ass there will be a guy out of the limo on the first night repeating that to her because, you know, this show is too easy to produce. Here’s something you want to hear when your date picks you up in Tuscany, Italy and it’s your first time getting any 1-on-1 date action since the second day of filming: “There’s no real plan for today.” How lovely. Glad you thought of that great date for Becca. Lets just walk around, buy some bread and cheeses, and just reassure me that you’re so into me that I have a reason to take you hometowns. Translation: Stroke my ego for a day honey and collect your rose at the end of the night. That’s how he rolls.

-And essentially from the minute they sit down, Becca is doing just that. Oh sure, she asked him about his confidence level in them, but he immediately turned it around on her, and she tells him how much she’s into him. “Didn’t think I’d be having these feelings,” “can see myself with you,” “last week was tough because it got real and I wasn’t being myself,” etc. And that’s basically the things a woman needs to tell Arie for him to have interest in her…at least for the short term. Like, 2 month short term. After that, you can throw your hands up in the air and whichever way the wind blows, that’s basically Arie and his decision making process. Have fun with that!

-Arie had a pattern this episode. Everyone he got time with, at some point he asked what would hometowns be like and who would he be meeting. Like that had any bearing whatsoever on his decision. Becca told him he’d be meeting her mom, her mom’s boyfriend Tim (who was not a fan of Becca’s ex of 7 years), and Uncle Gary. Although Becca does chime in that the boyfriend of 7 years she never brought home and they were never official. The family just met him on random occasions, which makes him showing up in Peru and proposing to Becca on final rose ceremony day even more embarrassing of a storyline than I already thought it was. All I knew was they were on and off for 7 years. I had no idea how little she thought of the guy to never introduce him to her family as her boyfriend during those 7 years. Exactly how much did they pay this Friend with Benefits to hop on a plane to Peru and expose himself like a dumbass? Geez, Ross. I’m sure all the boys at Stanford will only tease you about this until, oh I don’t know, forever. Becca then tells Arie she’s falling in love with him, he reciprocates those feelings, she gets a rose, and we are slowly watching someone’s painful death. If Becca were a man, she’d be Jack Pearson.

-All while Becca’s date is happening, Jacqueline is having second thoughts. She sees Becca then come back with a rose, she knows Lauren is up next and it’s time for her to confront Arie. She goes to his room, and tells him she feels she’s not as ready as some of the other girls who are willing to drop everything for a womanizer since they’ve been on two dates with him. You see, Jacqueline actually has a head on her shoulders and is making complete sense here. Granted, when she basically tells him she’s peacing out, she then thinks it’d be a good idea to make out with him a few more times, which leads one of the oddest things Arie could’ve said, “If you have any regret, come back to me.” Ok, that’s not odd. It’s f***ing stupid. Huh? Whaaaaa? Especially coming from THIS guy knowing what happens at the end and post-show. Holy crap, he’s more screwed up than I thought. Who says that to someone when he still has six girls remaining? A truly moronic statement if I’ve ever heard one.

1. adelina

February 13, 2018 at 10:18 AM

Ugh….this season. So incredibly boring. Boring lead and boring contestants. Boredom all around. Maybe we could start a drinking game: every time Arie says “I love that,” you take a shot.

2. tinyred500

February 13, 2018 at 10:41 AM

I’m waaaay behind with my viewing of Arie’s season, but it appears I’m not missing too much! Lol Sean Lowe’s tweet on the bachelor was far better and funnier!

I’m far more shocked that RS has never heard of any other truffle other than chocolate ones! SMH! Lol They are expensive, the white one’s especially so…even truffle oil. However, going on what RS says he eats…I’m not entirely surprised he’s never heard of a fungi truffle. 😉

February 13, 2018 at 11:27 AM

I was thinking about saying that Arie doesn’t seem to have a great connection with Tia or Kendall, so that the ending is getting pretty obvious. But, honestly I don’t see that much of a connection with Becca or Lauren either. I mean, they seem to like him well enough. Well, scratch that. No they don’t. Lauren is a wet rag. Kendall is just kinda there. Becca and Tia do seem to like Arie…. or the potential cash and prizes. Anyway, it’s a mess. I guess they needed the switcheroo at the end to prevent this whole season from being one big buzzkill. Although Arie’s not detestable on the show like Juan Pah-Blow, it has the same kind of vibe. A lot of borderline interest and no sense that any of the relationships would go very far. I imagine the edits of the last few weeks will be pretty nutty.

4. shouldbeworking

February 13, 2018 at 11:59 AM

Last night every time Arie said ‘Yes, yes’ he really meant ‘No, no, you are not getting a rose’.
    I agree with rob22 – zero connection with any of them. When Arie and Lauren were together, it was uncomfortable to watch – and then all of a sudden she turns it on at dinner? Whaaatttt??

5. akblondee

February 13, 2018 at 12:45 PM

I think Arie left the table after Lauren said she was falling in love with him because he had gas. Just saying!

6. tinyred500

February 13, 2018 at 1:14 PM

Lol lol Well that’s one feasible reason! Not very romantic….but! Lol 😛

7. freeasabird

February 13, 2018 at 6:29 PM

Thought of something good about Arie. He’s not afraid to let his gray hair show. Or else he’s just trying to show us how mature he is?

8. upmyalley

February 13, 2018 at 10:00 PM

Omg this is such a snooze fest I actually cannot bear to watch an entire episode. Arie is the most surface human being I’ve ever witnessed. He’s also so cheesy and tacky. I really can’t watch anymore and I was already 2 episodes behind. Know I remember why. Yawn… I’ll just wait for the After the Final Rose. It should be funny and a wreck. Lol. I feel bad for Lauren. Okay, I don’t really. She did what she knew she had to do to get far and Arie came back for her so good luck with that girlfriend. Not.

9. trainwrecktv

February 13, 2018 at 10:24 PM

That’s exactly what my husband said as we were watching it. He thinks flatulence is the only explanation. My vote is that even Arie sees how ridiculous it is that she is “falling in love” even though she is too scared to talk about anything other than how scared she is and he didn’t want to laugh in her face. Either way, I don’t understand why production didn’t edit around it. They could have easily cut to a scripted ITM.

It seems like they have really dropped the ball on the editing this season. Either the girls have zero personality/substance, or they are intentionally cutting everything out that isn’t a version of “I’m so scared!” Either way it is bad tv, and for the first time, I couldn’t care less who the bachelorette will be. I’m not a fan of any of them. Feels like this franchise is going downhill fast and nobody working there cares anymore. Chris Harrison doesn’t even want to show up for rose ceremonies…

10. jlal

February 14, 2018 at 4:21 AM

I agree this season is a tad boring, but think it has to be the edit. I must say though, I hate the seasons when they fixate on the bad seed and then beat that horse to death. Then it becomes the (fill in the blank) show and not about the lead. The women do come across as a tad boring this season, but that too has to be the edit. I don’t know why they can’t show more interaction between the women at the house and hotels. Then we may actually see their personalities and get a sense of who they really are. They used to do that. It is like if they don’t have major read: manufactured drama they don’t show anything. The women this season are much more educated and intelligent then past seasons, so they may not be able to manipulate them as much.

Arie is not more or less genuine or boring than any of the other bachelors in my opinion. He certainly is not as bad as Juan-Pah-Blow, not by a long shot.

February 14, 2018 at 6:26 AM

OK, I’m just going to say it. This show is over for me now that Jacqueline is gone. Oh well, it’s not like she was lighting things up with tons of personality, but she’s very good looking and intelligent. I think she should have stayed. Oh well, I suppose the “dramatic ending” should provide a decent train wreck viewing experience.

12. LM111

February 14, 2018 at 7:27 AM

I know it’s just me, but I really didn’t see that appeal of Bekah or Jacqueline. Physically, Bekah has a very round, puffy face, the kind I’m never attracted to. Also, she looks a tad like a teenage boy. Not into it. Jacqueline is just average looking to me. People keep saying she’s intelligent, but I haven’t seen that for myself (am I supposed to assume she’s smart because she tells us she’s going to school? Weird logic. If Krystal announced that she was planning on going to law school, would we all ignore what we see and form the opinion that she’s an intellectual?! Of all the girls, Kendall and Sienne seem to be the brightest. Lauren B seems too bland, and I can’t get past her Jan Brady look. For Bachelorette, I’m for Tia or Kendall!

13. teesanz

February 14, 2018 at 8:47 AM

If Kendall is not at WTA, it would be odd to have her at the finale…unless they have already chosen her to be the Bachelorette! She is waaaay better than the other finalists. Becca is sweet but boring. Lauren (if she dumps Arie) doesn’t talk enough and is also boring. Tia would have been okay, but she kind of came off bitchy talking about Bekah and eberyone loves Bekah so much that might have killed it for her. Seinne is the total package, but she was also a bit boring. I say Kendall!

14. jlal

February 14, 2018 at 9:44 AM

Kendall or Tia for the next bachelorette. Either would work out well. Bekah is way too young. and the other Becca may be okay if she is the lead. We really haven’t seen much personality, but she also isn’t a total snooze fest like Lauren.

Jacqueline is pretty, all the women were this year. However, I don’t think she was the prettiest by any imagination. Eyes way too big for her face and mouth way to small. Plus, she has the kind of eyes where you can see the whites all the way around or at the top or bottom of the irises and that just creeps me out. They are called sanpaku eyes.

15. tamz171926

February 14, 2018 at 10:17 AM

Can’t remember at which part my husband walked into the room, but he watched for about 2 minutes and said “That guy is full of crap!”

I haven’t watched in years but continue to read Steve’s recaps. Decided to watch a couple of weeks ago just so I can see the train wreck about to happen.

I thought Jacqueline was pretty, but way too clingy and kind of desperate. She did the right thing though.

I’m all for Kendall for the next Bachelorette.

16. cjscjs711

February 18, 2018 at 9:35 PM

I agree with what a few other people on here have said. My gaydar is going off.

17. tjudd

February 20, 2018 at 7:42 AM

NO!!! It’s not just you!! I never thought Bekah was remotely attractive. She got on my nerves. I thought she looked like a teenaged boy too!! And Jaqueline? I didn’t see the appeal. Def not “Bachelor”-esque type, looks wise. She remi ded me of a doll from the 50’s with those weird, bug eyes & chubby chheks. Sorry. Both should’ve been gone long ago! Kendall is cute & Lauren seems boring, but pretty.

18. avgjoe

February 20, 2018 at 9:12 AM

I know this is a week late, but I had to catch up in my viewing.

Jacqueline eliminating herself impacted this somewhat, but essentially, Arie “spoiled” his own season by giving out the roses in this episode in the order of the final results. Becca got the first date and the rose. Followed by Lauren, Kendall, and Tia. Is that just a coincidence or what? I wonder if that has ever happened before.

19. nicjeanpar

February 21, 2018 at 10:06 AM

So I just watched this episode today and was i the only one that heard “when I walked in with EMILY on my arm…” when he was with Lauren??