The Bachelor 22 - Arie

The “Bachelor” Arie – Episode 7 Recap, “Women Tell All” Tapes Today, & More “Winter Games” Spoilers

Photo Credit: ABC

-Time for Lauren’s 1-on-1 date and she runs and jumps into his arm. She showed more emotion in those :04 seconds than on all of her date in Paris. So I guess we’re off to a good start? They went bike riding in Italy and Arie made sure he stood up on his bike to let Lauren know he’s Billy Bad Ass. If Lauren was impressed by that, we know that she’s trying too hard. Not saying I could do it – I just wouldn’t even try. But when you’re Racey McRacerstein, and they put you on something that has wheels that spin, by golly, it’s time to do tricks. Would’ve been nice to see his bike go over a bump right at that moment, but alas, the producer’s weren’t that cruel for some reason. They can make contestants cry by insulting them or bringing up family deaths, but they can’t have Arie wipe out on a bike ride? Dammit, earn your pay! We’re not taking you on trips around the world for you to make the contestants look good. Don’t any of you have a sense of humor?

-Arie and Lauren have a bit of a backwards lunch as they eat gelato first, then pizza. I’m not sure who thought this was a good idea, but they should be fired. I’m all for pizza and gelato though. Count me in. But the other way around? Hmmmm…a curious choice to say the least. At least over pizza they had somewhat of a conversation? I think? I mean hell, anything beats last week when Lauren was doing her best mime impersonation. She said Arie is the first guy she’s been serious about since her fiancé and failed engagement last year, so this is a big deal to her. Did her ex take her for gelato and pizza in Italy? Probably not. He was a hockey goon. His idea of fun was probably a night out at Shake Shack and some Netflix and chill. My apologies to Lauren’s ex Chris Crane. I know nothing about the guy. For all I know he’s Rico Suave with the ladies. But judging from the fact that Lauren said once they were engaged, he didn’t treat her the greatest, I guess I’m allowed to jump to conclusions that date night for him included clipping coupons to local fast food joints.

-At dinner, Lauren and Arie toast to breaking down their walls. This has been a big thing for Lauren as it’s quite clear she is not comfortable in front of the cameras. Or opening up. Or being vulnerable. You know, all qualifications it takes to be a part of this show and has been for the last 16 years and 34 previous seasons. Meh. Details. She tells him she’s feeling scared and terrified, and this should surprise none of us since she basically said the same thing last week. It’s hard for her to put herself in a place where she can possibly get hurt again, which is basically exactly what happened. Until it didn’t. Trying to explain these two’s relationship is essentially like trying to explain Quantum Physics to a third grader. Nothing about this relationship makes sense, and it makes even less sense knowing how it plays out. Hence the reason I don’t give these two a snowballs chance in hell.

-You know why it didn’t make sense then? Because on only her second 1-on-1 date, just days after her first one where speaking was basically optional for her, Lauren says “I feel like I’m starting to fall in love with you.” Go check social media. I wasn’t the only one who was thinking, “Uhhhh, where did this come from?” Half the country did as well. So what does Arie do when she drops this on him? Gets up from the table and walks around. We don’t see him in an ITM, we don’t see him talking to a producer, and we don’t see him show any emotion. Just gets up, leaves, then comes back and sits down, says he’s felt some things he hasn’t felt in a very long time and that her saying she’s falling for him makes him happy. “I’m falling so deeply in love with you, it’s crazy.” Sure you’re not. Your guess is as good as mine people. He’s a joke. He’s doing what he’s doing for the sake of television. I don’t buy him for a second. Hell, I don’t buy what most people on this show say. It’s impossible to. But for him to say that, in that moment, with that girl, totally made zero sense.

1. adelina

February 13, 2018 at 10:18 AM

Ugh….this season. So incredibly boring. Boring lead and boring contestants. Boredom all around. Maybe we could start a drinking game: every time Arie says “I love that,” you take a shot.

2. tinyred500

February 13, 2018 at 10:41 AM

I’m waaaay behind with my viewing of Arie’s season, but it appears I’m not missing too much! Lol Sean Lowe’s tweet on the bachelor was far better and funnier!

I’m far more shocked that RS has never heard of any other truffle other than chocolate ones! SMH! Lol They are expensive, the white one’s especially so…even truffle oil. However, going on what RS says he eats…I’m not entirely surprised he’s never heard of a fungi truffle. 😉

February 13, 2018 at 11:27 AM

I was thinking about saying that Arie doesn’t seem to have a great connection with Tia or Kendall, so that the ending is getting pretty obvious. But, honestly I don’t see that much of a connection with Becca or Lauren either. I mean, they seem to like him well enough. Well, scratch that. No they don’t. Lauren is a wet rag. Kendall is just kinda there. Becca and Tia do seem to like Arie…. or the potential cash and prizes. Anyway, it’s a mess. I guess they needed the switcheroo at the end to prevent this whole season from being one big buzzkill. Although Arie’s not detestable on the show like Juan Pah-Blow, it has the same kind of vibe. A lot of borderline interest and no sense that any of the relationships would go very far. I imagine the edits of the last few weeks will be pretty nutty.

4. shouldbeworking

February 13, 2018 at 11:59 AM

Last night every time Arie said ‘Yes, yes’ he really meant ‘No, no, you are not getting a rose’.
    I agree with rob22 – zero connection with any of them. When Arie and Lauren were together, it was uncomfortable to watch – and then all of a sudden she turns it on at dinner? Whaaatttt??

5. akblondee

February 13, 2018 at 12:45 PM

I think Arie left the table after Lauren said she was falling in love with him because he had gas. Just saying!

6. tinyred500

February 13, 2018 at 1:14 PM

Lol lol Well that’s one feasible reason! Not very romantic….but! Lol 😛

7. freeasabird

February 13, 2018 at 6:29 PM

Thought of something good about Arie. He’s not afraid to let his gray hair show. Or else he’s just trying to show us how mature he is?

8. upmyalley

February 13, 2018 at 10:00 PM

Omg this is such a snooze fest I actually cannot bear to watch an entire episode. Arie is the most surface human being I’ve ever witnessed. He’s also so cheesy and tacky. I really can’t watch anymore and I was already 2 episodes behind. Know I remember why. Yawn… I’ll just wait for the After the Final Rose. It should be funny and a wreck. Lol. I feel bad for Lauren. Okay, I don’t really. She did what she knew she had to do to get far and Arie came back for her so good luck with that girlfriend. Not.

9. trainwrecktv

February 13, 2018 at 10:24 PM

That’s exactly what my husband said as we were watching it. He thinks flatulence is the only explanation. My vote is that even Arie sees how ridiculous it is that she is “falling in love” even though she is too scared to talk about anything other than how scared she is and he didn’t want to laugh in her face. Either way, I don’t understand why production didn’t edit around it. They could have easily cut to a scripted ITM.

It seems like they have really dropped the ball on the editing this season. Either the girls have zero personality/substance, or they are intentionally cutting everything out that isn’t a version of “I’m so scared!” Either way it is bad tv, and for the first time, I couldn’t care less who the bachelorette will be. I’m not a fan of any of them. Feels like this franchise is going downhill fast and nobody working there cares anymore. Chris Harrison doesn’t even want to show up for rose ceremonies…

10. jlal

February 14, 2018 at 4:21 AM

I agree this season is a tad boring, but think it has to be the edit. I must say though, I hate the seasons when they fixate on the bad seed and then beat that horse to death. Then it becomes the (fill in the blank) show and not about the lead. The women do come across as a tad boring this season, but that too has to be the edit. I don’t know why they can’t show more interaction between the women at the house and hotels. Then we may actually see their personalities and get a sense of who they really are. They used to do that. It is like if they don’t have major read: manufactured drama they don’t show anything. The women this season are much more educated and intelligent then past seasons, so they may not be able to manipulate them as much.

Arie is not more or less genuine or boring than any of the other bachelors in my opinion. He certainly is not as bad as Juan-Pah-Blow, not by a long shot.

February 14, 2018 at 6:26 AM

OK, I’m just going to say it. This show is over for me now that Jacqueline is gone. Oh well, it’s not like she was lighting things up with tons of personality, but she’s very good looking and intelligent. I think she should have stayed. Oh well, I suppose the “dramatic ending” should provide a decent train wreck viewing experience.

12. LM111

February 14, 2018 at 7:27 AM

I know it’s just me, but I really didn’t see that appeal of Bekah or Jacqueline. Physically, Bekah has a very round, puffy face, the kind I’m never attracted to. Also, she looks a tad like a teenage boy. Not into it. Jacqueline is just average looking to me. People keep saying she’s intelligent, but I haven’t seen that for myself (am I supposed to assume she’s smart because she tells us she’s going to school? Weird logic. If Krystal announced that she was planning on going to law school, would we all ignore what we see and form the opinion that she’s an intellectual?! Of all the girls, Kendall and Sienne seem to be the brightest. Lauren B seems too bland, and I can’t get past her Jan Brady look. For Bachelorette, I’m for Tia or Kendall!

13. teesanz

February 14, 2018 at 8:47 AM

If Kendall is not at WTA, it would be odd to have her at the finale…unless they have already chosen her to be the Bachelorette! She is waaaay better than the other finalists. Becca is sweet but boring. Lauren (if she dumps Arie) doesn’t talk enough and is also boring. Tia would have been okay, but she kind of came off bitchy talking about Bekah and eberyone loves Bekah so much that might have killed it for her. Seinne is the total package, but she was also a bit boring. I say Kendall!

14. jlal

February 14, 2018 at 9:44 AM

Kendall or Tia for the next bachelorette. Either would work out well. Bekah is way too young. and the other Becca may be okay if she is the lead. We really haven’t seen much personality, but she also isn’t a total snooze fest like Lauren.

Jacqueline is pretty, all the women were this year. However, I don’t think she was the prettiest by any imagination. Eyes way too big for her face and mouth way to small. Plus, she has the kind of eyes where you can see the whites all the way around or at the top or bottom of the irises and that just creeps me out. They are called sanpaku eyes.

15. tamz171926

February 14, 2018 at 10:17 AM

Can’t remember at which part my husband walked into the room, but he watched for about 2 minutes and said “That guy is full of crap!”

I haven’t watched in years but continue to read Steve’s recaps. Decided to watch a couple of weeks ago just so I can see the train wreck about to happen.

I thought Jacqueline was pretty, but way too clingy and kind of desperate. She did the right thing though.

I’m all for Kendall for the next Bachelorette.

16. cjscjs711

February 18, 2018 at 9:35 PM

I agree with what a few other people on here have said. My gaydar is going off.

17. tjudd

February 20, 2018 at 7:42 AM

NO!!! It’s not just you!! I never thought Bekah was remotely attractive. She got on my nerves. I thought she looked like a teenaged boy too!! And Jaqueline? I didn’t see the appeal. Def not “Bachelor”-esque type, looks wise. She remi ded me of a doll from the 50’s with those weird, bug eyes & chubby chheks. Sorry. Both should’ve been gone long ago! Kendall is cute & Lauren seems boring, but pretty.

18. avgjoe

February 20, 2018 at 9:12 AM

I know this is a week late, but I had to catch up in my viewing.

Jacqueline eliminating herself impacted this somewhat, but essentially, Arie “spoiled” his own season by giving out the roses in this episode in the order of the final results. Becca got the first date and the rose. Followed by Lauren, Kendall, and Tia. Is that just a coincidence or what? I wonder if that has ever happened before.

19. nicjeanpar

February 21, 2018 at 10:06 AM

So I just watched this episode today and was i the only one that heard “when I walked in with EMILY on my arm…” when he was with Lauren??