The Bachelor 22 - Arie

The “Bachelor” Arie – Episode 7 Recap, “Women Tell All” Tapes Today, & More “Winter Games” Spoilers

Photo Credit: ABC

-Seinne’s date was up next and they were doomed from the start. No, not because Seinne hasn’t been featured since her 1-on-1 in Lake Tahoe. No, not because Seinne has more intelligence in her left earlobe than Arie has in his brain. It’s because when she arrived for the date, she walked up to Arie, they hugged, and Arie had to pick her up, as opposed to her running and jumping in his arms. That’s a huge no-no on this show. Jump into their arms. That’s always a good sign. When he has to pick you up to show you he cares – he doesn’t. Remember, Arie is all about the ego stroke. You not “caring” enough to jump in his arms basically sealed your fate woman. Poor Seinne. Just get down to Paradise and hopefully you’ll find a dude there.

-Arie and Seinne meet up with some local named Julio. I think that was his name. Hell I don’t remember. The day portions of these dates were not very exciting. And what’s the deal this season with 1-on-1 dates meeting up with locals then crashing their pad? That old dude with the summer teeth in Ft. Lauderdale should sue for copyright infringement. What the hell is happening here? Anyway, this dude Julio’s life revolves around truffles apparently. Like, he can’t live, breathe, or think without them so he takes Arie and Seinne on a wild goose chase with his dogs to find the best truffles ever. Trust me, I was confused as most of you watching this truffle hunting since I thought truffles were chocolates. Silly me. That’s when Google came in handy and I found out what they really were here. And that made me hungry for some pasta with truffles like they had.

-Arie: “I do dig Seinne. But can I dig deep enough?” That doesn’t make any sense. I think he tried to be funny but it just fell flat. Even when they showed up and party crashed that poor Italian families home that thought they were part of some Olive Garden commercial shoot, nobody really knew what the hell was going on. Arie’s in the kitchen trying to help them cook, Seinne is out with the other folks getting grilled on if she’s gonna marry this clown. This date was a mess. Like, “Hey, tap the brakes people. We came here for some grub. Pass the breadsticks. Give me the boat of marinara and quit interrogating me on what I think of my boyfriend here. Too much pressure. I’d like to be able to eat in peace, not be hounded by a bunch of barely English speaking locals following producer orders.” What an uncomfortable date all around. And then to top things off, the family is chanting for them to kiss at the table. Huh? I would’ve excused myself and told them to mind their own business. But hey, that’s just me.

-All you need to know about Arie is before the night portion of their date, he says this in an ITM: “Becca and Lauren told me they were falling in love with me…I really need to make the right decision with Seinne.” He could’ve used a giant white erase board and it wouldn’t have been any clearer: If Seinne doesn’t tell me she’s falling in love with me, she’s gone. Simple as that. And producers knew she wouldn’t tell him that, which is why she got this date. They knew she was going home and Arie knew she was going home before this date ever started. That’s why she was put on it. Buuuuuuuuut lets make her squirm a bit and see how she reacts once this is done. Considering we saw exactly nothing once she got in the car really, and she wasn’t a heaping mess of tears, that pretty much goes to show how disappointed she was in being sent home. Probably booked her own flight out of Italy back to the LB.

-Arie even put her on the spot with “I really want to know what our future would look like…” Seinne’s response: “This is the first moment where it hit me…I’m not ready to NOT have you in my life.” Oh Seinne, maybe you just didn’t care at that point, but you’re talking to Arie F***in Luyendyk Jr. at this point. To him, you might as well have just said, “You suck at racing, you’re a dog, you’re not interested in being married, and no wonder you’re the lowest rated ‘Bachelor’ ever.” That might’ve actually gone over better than you saying you’re not ready to not have him in your life. The fact you used a double negative on him probably friend his brain for about :10 seconds as he pieced that sentence together trying to figure out what the hell you were talking about. Then once he realized it didn’t add up to: “I’m totally falling completely head over heels for you Mr. Luyendyk. I’m already looking at property in Scottsdale to move. Here, here’s my tongue for your personal pleasure,” Arie was done. And so was Seinne. He walks her out, she’s none too thrilled, thought it came out of nowhere, and she was on her way not wiping away a tear. Good for her. She just got dumped by a guy wearing Mr. Rogers sweater and a plaid shirt. Give him the business at the WTA taping today, Seinne.

1. adelina

February 13, 2018 at 10:18 AM

Ugh….this season. So incredibly boring. Boring lead and boring contestants. Boredom all around. Maybe we could start a drinking game: every time Arie says “I love that,” you take a shot.

2. tinyred500

February 13, 2018 at 10:41 AM

I’m waaaay behind with my viewing of Arie’s season, but it appears I’m not missing too much! Lol Sean Lowe’s tweet on the bachelor was far better and funnier!

I’m far more shocked that RS has never heard of any other truffle other than chocolate ones! SMH! Lol They are expensive, the white one’s especially so…even truffle oil. However, going on what RS says he eats…I’m not entirely surprised he’s never heard of a fungi truffle. 😉

February 13, 2018 at 11:27 AM

I was thinking about saying that Arie doesn’t seem to have a great connection with Tia or Kendall, so that the ending is getting pretty obvious. But, honestly I don’t see that much of a connection with Becca or Lauren either. I mean, they seem to like him well enough. Well, scratch that. No they don’t. Lauren is a wet rag. Kendall is just kinda there. Becca and Tia do seem to like Arie…. or the potential cash and prizes. Anyway, it’s a mess. I guess they needed the switcheroo at the end to prevent this whole season from being one big buzzkill. Although Arie’s not detestable on the show like Juan Pah-Blow, it has the same kind of vibe. A lot of borderline interest and no sense that any of the relationships would go very far. I imagine the edits of the last few weeks will be pretty nutty.

4. shouldbeworking

February 13, 2018 at 11:59 AM

Last night every time Arie said ‘Yes, yes’ he really meant ‘No, no, you are not getting a rose’.
    I agree with rob22 – zero connection with any of them. When Arie and Lauren were together, it was uncomfortable to watch – and then all of a sudden she turns it on at dinner? Whaaatttt??

5. akblondee

February 13, 2018 at 12:45 PM

I think Arie left the table after Lauren said she was falling in love with him because he had gas. Just saying!

6. tinyred500

February 13, 2018 at 1:14 PM

Lol lol Well that’s one feasible reason! Not very romantic….but! Lol 😛

7. freeasabird

February 13, 2018 at 6:29 PM

Thought of something good about Arie. He’s not afraid to let his gray hair show. Or else he’s just trying to show us how mature he is?

8. upmyalley

February 13, 2018 at 10:00 PM

Omg this is such a snooze fest I actually cannot bear to watch an entire episode. Arie is the most surface human being I’ve ever witnessed. He’s also so cheesy and tacky. I really can’t watch anymore and I was already 2 episodes behind. Know I remember why. Yawn… I’ll just wait for the After the Final Rose. It should be funny and a wreck. Lol. I feel bad for Lauren. Okay, I don’t really. She did what she knew she had to do to get far and Arie came back for her so good luck with that girlfriend. Not.

9. trainwrecktv

February 13, 2018 at 10:24 PM

That’s exactly what my husband said as we were watching it. He thinks flatulence is the only explanation. My vote is that even Arie sees how ridiculous it is that she is “falling in love” even though she is too scared to talk about anything other than how scared she is and he didn’t want to laugh in her face. Either way, I don’t understand why production didn’t edit around it. They could have easily cut to a scripted ITM.

It seems like they have really dropped the ball on the editing this season. Either the girls have zero personality/substance, or they are intentionally cutting everything out that isn’t a version of “I’m so scared!” Either way it is bad tv, and for the first time, I couldn’t care less who the bachelorette will be. I’m not a fan of any of them. Feels like this franchise is going downhill fast and nobody working there cares anymore. Chris Harrison doesn’t even want to show up for rose ceremonies…

10. jlal

February 14, 2018 at 4:21 AM

I agree this season is a tad boring, but think it has to be the edit. I must say though, I hate the seasons when they fixate on the bad seed and then beat that horse to death. Then it becomes the (fill in the blank) show and not about the lead. The women do come across as a tad boring this season, but that too has to be the edit. I don’t know why they can’t show more interaction between the women at the house and hotels. Then we may actually see their personalities and get a sense of who they really are. They used to do that. It is like if they don’t have major read: manufactured drama they don’t show anything. The women this season are much more educated and intelligent then past seasons, so they may not be able to manipulate them as much.

Arie is not more or less genuine or boring than any of the other bachelors in my opinion. He certainly is not as bad as Juan-Pah-Blow, not by a long shot.

February 14, 2018 at 6:26 AM

OK, I’m just going to say it. This show is over for me now that Jacqueline is gone. Oh well, it’s not like she was lighting things up with tons of personality, but she’s very good looking and intelligent. I think she should have stayed. Oh well, I suppose the “dramatic ending” should provide a decent train wreck viewing experience.

12. LM111

February 14, 2018 at 7:27 AM

I know it’s just me, but I really didn’t see that appeal of Bekah or Jacqueline. Physically, Bekah has a very round, puffy face, the kind I’m never attracted to. Also, she looks a tad like a teenage boy. Not into it. Jacqueline is just average looking to me. People keep saying she’s intelligent, but I haven’t seen that for myself (am I supposed to assume she’s smart because she tells us she’s going to school? Weird logic. If Krystal announced that she was planning on going to law school, would we all ignore what we see and form the opinion that she’s an intellectual?! Of all the girls, Kendall and Sienne seem to be the brightest. Lauren B seems too bland, and I can’t get past her Jan Brady look. For Bachelorette, I’m for Tia or Kendall!

13. teesanz

February 14, 2018 at 8:47 AM

If Kendall is not at WTA, it would be odd to have her at the finale…unless they have already chosen her to be the Bachelorette! She is waaaay better than the other finalists. Becca is sweet but boring. Lauren (if she dumps Arie) doesn’t talk enough and is also boring. Tia would have been okay, but she kind of came off bitchy talking about Bekah and eberyone loves Bekah so much that might have killed it for her. Seinne is the total package, but she was also a bit boring. I say Kendall!

14. jlal

February 14, 2018 at 9:44 AM

Kendall or Tia for the next bachelorette. Either would work out well. Bekah is way too young. and the other Becca may be okay if she is the lead. We really haven’t seen much personality, but she also isn’t a total snooze fest like Lauren.

Jacqueline is pretty, all the women were this year. However, I don’t think she was the prettiest by any imagination. Eyes way too big for her face and mouth way to small. Plus, she has the kind of eyes where you can see the whites all the way around or at the top or bottom of the irises and that just creeps me out. They are called sanpaku eyes.

15. tamz171926

February 14, 2018 at 10:17 AM

Can’t remember at which part my husband walked into the room, but he watched for about 2 minutes and said “That guy is full of crap!”

I haven’t watched in years but continue to read Steve’s recaps. Decided to watch a couple of weeks ago just so I can see the train wreck about to happen.

I thought Jacqueline was pretty, but way too clingy and kind of desperate. She did the right thing though.

I’m all for Kendall for the next Bachelorette.

16. cjscjs711

February 18, 2018 at 9:35 PM

I agree with what a few other people on here have said. My gaydar is going off.

17. tjudd

February 20, 2018 at 7:42 AM

NO!!! It’s not just you!! I never thought Bekah was remotely attractive. She got on my nerves. I thought she looked like a teenaged boy too!! And Jaqueline? I didn’t see the appeal. Def not “Bachelor”-esque type, looks wise. She remi ded me of a doll from the 50’s with those weird, bug eyes & chubby chheks. Sorry. Both should’ve been gone long ago! Kendall is cute & Lauren seems boring, but pretty.

18. avgjoe

February 20, 2018 at 9:12 AM

I know this is a week late, but I had to catch up in my viewing.

Jacqueline eliminating herself impacted this somewhat, but essentially, Arie “spoiled” his own season by giving out the roses in this episode in the order of the final results. Becca got the first date and the rose. Followed by Lauren, Kendall, and Tia. Is that just a coincidence or what? I wonder if that has ever happened before.

19. nicjeanpar

February 21, 2018 at 10:06 AM

So I just watched this episode today and was i the only one that heard “when I walked in with EMILY on my arm…” when he was with Lauren??