The Bachelor 22 - Arie

The “Bachelor” Arie – Episode 7 Recap, “Women Tell All” Tapes Today, & More “Winter Games” Spoilers

Photo Credit: ABC

-Time for the 3-on-1 date at the lovely Villa Royale, which was once owned by Napoleon’s sister. How did I know this? Because Arie told me. You know, being the Italian historian that he is, I’m sure he was truly invested in that Villa Royale and all its lavish history – or a producer just Googled it and told him to say that. Something like that. Kendall is the first one he pulls aside and of course he asks her what a hometown would be like. She says she’s very close to her family, which Arie likes, and just wants to make sure because their relationship is a little slower, because they started so late, can they get up to that point. She’s never been in a long distance relationship before, but she would be open to making that work. Well, you better because do you realize how much Scottsdale tail he’ll be running around on you with if you stayed in LA and did the long distance thing? Hell, Sydney lived IN Scottsdale, and lived WITH him for most of their relationship and he still pulled it off. I think you see what I’m getting at here. But while we’re at it, let’s take a look at Kendall’s twin sister Kylie in action during one of Kendall’s videos.

Or maybe you prefer her downing donkey urine:

-Next up was Tia and this is where the drama began. Before Tia went to meet him, Bekah had said to her something along the lines that she couldn’t believe hometowns were the next week and there were instances throughout this season where she felt like leaving, but eventually stuck it out. I’m sure there was more to that conversation than was shown, but Tia felt like she needed to tell Arie about her thoughts on Bekah as a potential mate. She says that “Bekah may be on a different page…it’s not an age thing…it’s more about lack of experience.” Social media had a field day on Tia last night. It wasn’t as bad as people made it out to be because it’s not like Tia blamed it on the age. In fact she went out of her way to make sure she said it wasn’t an age thing, but more about life experiences. And to that point, she’s right. I’m sorry, but a 22 year old rock climbing hippie who nannies in LA hasn’t had a ton of life experience up to this point. Not saying that all the other 25-27 year olds have either, but she was just talking about Bekah specifically. The problem was Tia’s timing. At that point, he’s either into you or he’s not. I don’t think talking about the other contestants is ever a good thing, we’ve seen that time and time again on this show. So my problem was never with what she said, but when she said it. And trust me, what she said had no bearing on Arie’s decision. Bekah was going home that day no matter if Tia said anything or not.

-The other thing that helped Tia was the fact that, so many times before we’ve seen in this situation where one contestant trash talks another one to the lead, comes back and acts like nothing happened and have to be confronted about it later. Tia came back from meeting with Arie, told Bekah what she said to him, which sent Bekah into a crying mess and running to Arie. Maybe you didn’t like Tia using her time to talk about Bekah, but at least she told her she did as opposed to not saying anything, Arie telling Bekah what Tia said, Bekah coming back and confronting Tia, then Tia getting caught with her pants down. Basically Bekah feels attacked at this point and says “I don’t like it when I’m not seen for who I really am.” Arie assures her that the age gap really isn’t a big deal to him, even though we all know it is. With his background of dating much younger women in the past, and his reaction once Bekah told him in Lake Tahoe she was 22, of course it played a role and he’s lying if he says it didn’t.

-When he comes back from Bekah, time to give out a rose and he gives it to Kendall. Sweet, now we get another 2-on-1 with Bekah and Tia fighting for the last rose. Tia gives us a “Whoa Nellie,” and I’m wondering if all of Arkansas is disappointed she didn’t give us a “Wooo Pig Suey.” Call the hogs, dammit. They go to the night portion of the date where Tia gets him first and says, “I do feel strongly and do feel like I’m falling in love with you.” Ding! Ding! Ding! You are tonight’s grand prize winner Tia. You said the exact things Mr. Ego needed to hear to assure you get a rose for the evening. Congratulations on paying attention to all the cues, or your producers. One of the two. I really don’t think Tia needed to try as hard as she did when it was down to the two of them, but it seemed to work for at least another week. Bekah’s time with him was her just telling him to have a little faith in them which, sorry honey, that went out the window once he found out your age. Tia got the rose and our final 4 are set. No rose ceremony, he sends Bekah away in the SUV and the waterworks begin to stream down her face ruining her mascara. A perfect ending that the producers love to see. Arie shed a couple crocodile tears to punctuate the moment even more. Perfect TV sendoff. Good job everyone. Back to the states to meet families.

So next week we have hometowns which will see Tia being sent home and Kendall, Becca, and Lauren head to Peru for overnights. I will hopefully have some WTA spoilers for you this week as it tapes today. Those are hit and miss. Sometimes I find out right away, sometimes it takes a couple days. But I’m sure I’ll hear something and fill you in on if Kendall is there, and if she was, exactly how they explained that since to the audience in attendance today, she’s still on the show. But you can rest assured, this WTA will focus mainly on attacking Krystal, and Bekah’s age being brought up numerous times. They can’t talk about the ending or what happened post-show, so, those were really the only two ongoing storylines this season. Expect that to take up most of the show.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. adelina

February 13, 2018 at 10:18 AM

Ugh….this season. So incredibly boring. Boring lead and boring contestants. Boredom all around. Maybe we could start a drinking game: every time Arie says “I love that,” you take a shot.

2. tinyred500

February 13, 2018 at 10:41 AM

I’m waaaay behind with my viewing of Arie’s season, but it appears I’m not missing too much! Lol Sean Lowe’s tweet on the bachelor was far better and funnier!

I’m far more shocked that RS has never heard of any other truffle other than chocolate ones! SMH! Lol They are expensive, the white one’s especially so…even truffle oil. However, going on what RS says he eats…I’m not entirely surprised he’s never heard of a fungi truffle. 😉

February 13, 2018 at 11:27 AM

I was thinking about saying that Arie doesn’t seem to have a great connection with Tia or Kendall, so that the ending is getting pretty obvious. But, honestly I don’t see that much of a connection with Becca or Lauren either. I mean, they seem to like him well enough. Well, scratch that. No they don’t. Lauren is a wet rag. Kendall is just kinda there. Becca and Tia do seem to like Arie…. or the potential cash and prizes. Anyway, it’s a mess. I guess they needed the switcheroo at the end to prevent this whole season from being one big buzzkill. Although Arie’s not detestable on the show like Juan Pah-Blow, it has the same kind of vibe. A lot of borderline interest and no sense that any of the relationships would go very far. I imagine the edits of the last few weeks will be pretty nutty.

4. shouldbeworking

February 13, 2018 at 11:59 AM

Last night every time Arie said ‘Yes, yes’ he really meant ‘No, no, you are not getting a rose’.
    I agree with rob22 – zero connection with any of them. When Arie and Lauren were together, it was uncomfortable to watch – and then all of a sudden she turns it on at dinner? Whaaatttt??

5. akblondee

February 13, 2018 at 12:45 PM

I think Arie left the table after Lauren said she was falling in love with him because he had gas. Just saying!

6. tinyred500

February 13, 2018 at 1:14 PM

Lol lol Well that’s one feasible reason! Not very romantic….but! Lol 😛

7. freeasabird

February 13, 2018 at 6:29 PM

Thought of something good about Arie. He’s not afraid to let his gray hair show. Or else he’s just trying to show us how mature he is?

8. upmyalley

February 13, 2018 at 10:00 PM

Omg this is such a snooze fest I actually cannot bear to watch an entire episode. Arie is the most surface human being I’ve ever witnessed. He’s also so cheesy and tacky. I really can’t watch anymore and I was already 2 episodes behind. Know I remember why. Yawn… I’ll just wait for the After the Final Rose. It should be funny and a wreck. Lol. I feel bad for Lauren. Okay, I don’t really. She did what she knew she had to do to get far and Arie came back for her so good luck with that girlfriend. Not.

9. trainwrecktv

February 13, 2018 at 10:24 PM

That’s exactly what my husband said as we were watching it. He thinks flatulence is the only explanation. My vote is that even Arie sees how ridiculous it is that she is “falling in love” even though she is too scared to talk about anything other than how scared she is and he didn’t want to laugh in her face. Either way, I don’t understand why production didn’t edit around it. They could have easily cut to a scripted ITM.

It seems like they have really dropped the ball on the editing this season. Either the girls have zero personality/substance, or they are intentionally cutting everything out that isn’t a version of “I’m so scared!” Either way it is bad tv, and for the first time, I couldn’t care less who the bachelorette will be. I’m not a fan of any of them. Feels like this franchise is going downhill fast and nobody working there cares anymore. Chris Harrison doesn’t even want to show up for rose ceremonies…

10. jlal

February 14, 2018 at 4:21 AM

I agree this season is a tad boring, but think it has to be the edit. I must say though, I hate the seasons when they fixate on the bad seed and then beat that horse to death. Then it becomes the (fill in the blank) show and not about the lead. The women do come across as a tad boring this season, but that too has to be the edit. I don’t know why they can’t show more interaction between the women at the house and hotels. Then we may actually see their personalities and get a sense of who they really are. They used to do that. It is like if they don’t have major read: manufactured drama they don’t show anything. The women this season are much more educated and intelligent then past seasons, so they may not be able to manipulate them as much.

Arie is not more or less genuine or boring than any of the other bachelors in my opinion. He certainly is not as bad as Juan-Pah-Blow, not by a long shot.

February 14, 2018 at 6:26 AM

OK, I’m just going to say it. This show is over for me now that Jacqueline is gone. Oh well, it’s not like she was lighting things up with tons of personality, but she’s very good looking and intelligent. I think she should have stayed. Oh well, I suppose the “dramatic ending” should provide a decent train wreck viewing experience.

12. LM111

February 14, 2018 at 7:27 AM

I know it’s just me, but I really didn’t see that appeal of Bekah or Jacqueline. Physically, Bekah has a very round, puffy face, the kind I’m never attracted to. Also, she looks a tad like a teenage boy. Not into it. Jacqueline is just average looking to me. People keep saying she’s intelligent, but I haven’t seen that for myself (am I supposed to assume she’s smart because she tells us she’s going to school? Weird logic. If Krystal announced that she was planning on going to law school, would we all ignore what we see and form the opinion that she’s an intellectual?! Of all the girls, Kendall and Sienne seem to be the brightest. Lauren B seems too bland, and I can’t get past her Jan Brady look. For Bachelorette, I’m for Tia or Kendall!

13. teesanz

February 14, 2018 at 8:47 AM

If Kendall is not at WTA, it would be odd to have her at the finale…unless they have already chosen her to be the Bachelorette! She is waaaay better than the other finalists. Becca is sweet but boring. Lauren (if she dumps Arie) doesn’t talk enough and is also boring. Tia would have been okay, but she kind of came off bitchy talking about Bekah and eberyone loves Bekah so much that might have killed it for her. Seinne is the total package, but she was also a bit boring. I say Kendall!

14. jlal

February 14, 2018 at 9:44 AM

Kendall or Tia for the next bachelorette. Either would work out well. Bekah is way too young. and the other Becca may be okay if she is the lead. We really haven’t seen much personality, but she also isn’t a total snooze fest like Lauren.

Jacqueline is pretty, all the women were this year. However, I don’t think she was the prettiest by any imagination. Eyes way too big for her face and mouth way to small. Plus, she has the kind of eyes where you can see the whites all the way around or at the top or bottom of the irises and that just creeps me out. They are called sanpaku eyes.

15. tamz171926

February 14, 2018 at 10:17 AM

Can’t remember at which part my husband walked into the room, but he watched for about 2 minutes and said “That guy is full of crap!”

I haven’t watched in years but continue to read Steve’s recaps. Decided to watch a couple of weeks ago just so I can see the train wreck about to happen.

I thought Jacqueline was pretty, but way too clingy and kind of desperate. She did the right thing though.

I’m all for Kendall for the next Bachelorette.

16. cjscjs711

February 18, 2018 at 9:35 PM

I agree with what a few other people on here have said. My gaydar is going off.

17. tjudd

February 20, 2018 at 7:42 AM

NO!!! It’s not just you!! I never thought Bekah was remotely attractive. She got on my nerves. I thought she looked like a teenaged boy too!! And Jaqueline? I didn’t see the appeal. Def not “Bachelor”-esque type, looks wise. She remi ded me of a doll from the 50’s with those weird, bug eyes & chubby chheks. Sorry. Both should’ve been gone long ago! Kendall is cute & Lauren seems boring, but pretty.

18. avgjoe

February 20, 2018 at 9:12 AM

I know this is a week late, but I had to catch up in my viewing.

Jacqueline eliminating herself impacted this somewhat, but essentially, Arie “spoiled” his own season by giving out the roses in this episode in the order of the final results. Becca got the first date and the rose. Followed by Lauren, Kendall, and Tia. Is that just a coincidence or what? I wonder if that has ever happened before.

19. nicjeanpar

February 21, 2018 at 10:06 AM

So I just watched this episode today and was i the only one that heard “when I walked in with EMILY on my arm…” when he was with Lauren??