The Bachelor 23 - Colton

The “Bachelor” Colton – Episode 6 Recap, An Additional Spoiler, & That Tricky Season Ending Preview

Photo Credit: ABC

Man, the amount of freaking out last night once that preview for the rest of the season was through the roof. I knew it was coming. Why? Because it happens EVERY SEASON when they show something in a preview that makes people think something is there that isn’t. Just remember one thing every time they do that: the editors are smarter than 99% of their audience. It’s their job to pull misdirections on you and make you think something that isn’t. They’ve done it in past seasons, they did it again last night, and they will do it in the future. I guess I should take my frustrations out with the editors of this show since the second they do that, who do people immediately start blowing up on Twitter and email? Me. So lets break down a few things now so you’re all clear and give you a little insight to one of the spoilers.

In case you weren’t watching or paying close attention, here’s what they ran at the end of the episode last night:

Immediately, the first confusing part (even though that clip cuts off a few words) is when the clip started on TV last night, you hear Chris Harrison say, “Next week, Colton’s journey takes a shocking turn…”, and then everything they showed are clips from the next 3 episodes combined. So that definitely had people confused. Plenty of people were thinking everything they showed all happened next week believe it or not. And not only was that clips from Denver (ep 7), Hometowns (ep 8), and Overnights (ep 9), they were shown in such quick fashion, out of order, and all mashed up. So you really have to pay attention and slow it down and you’ll see that everything in there adds up to what I gave you in the spoilers.

One spoiler I can update you on is this. Back at the end of October during the hometown dates, a few people had emailed me telling me that Hannah B. had a hometown date. I knew that not to be true because I knew Hannah B. was eliminated in Denver. So I didn’t think much of it. I also just chalked it up to people just possibly mixing up the two Hannah’s since both of them would’ve had their hometown dates in Alabama. Well, this past weekend, I was informed that Hannah B. DID see Colton in Alabama, but it was more about “showing up uninvited.” Did some digging, and yes, Hannah B. does show up during hometown dates to talk to Colton, and it was when he was in town for Hannah G.’s hometown in Birmingham. Obviously, production must’ve convinced Hannah B. this would be a good idea, but if you watch the previews last night, you clearly see Hannah B. showing up at night to Colton’s hotel. Wearing the same top in all 3 shots.

One thing that REALLY confused everyone last night was them thinking Hannah B. got a hometown date because she met Colton’s parents and we see that in the preview. Next week’s episode is in Denver. Where Colton’s parents live. That was part of her 1-on-1 date in Denver. A hometown date is where Colton would meet HER family, which doesn’t happen. So your hometown dates remain the same as they were posted months ago: Hannah G. on Oct. 27th, Caelynn on Oct. 29th, Tayshia on Oct. 31st, and Cassie on Nov. 2nd. It just so happens that while Colton was in Birmingham filming Hannah G’s hometown, production convinced Hannah B. to go talk to him at his hotel, and that’s what those pics above are. I’m sure it was another one of these “what happened with us” conversations that leads to nothing. Hannah B. did not get a hometown, she doesn’t move on in the show, and that was the end of that. But she does show up after Colton’s hometown date with Hannah G. is over to talk to him in his hotel room. Also, if you watch the clip again, you clearly see what Hannah B. is wearing when she meets his family and when they’re on the day portion of their date, and it’s not the outfit in those pictures. So considering she gets eliminated on that date, there would be no other time where she could’ve been seen in that top unless she came back later on in the season. So you can bet your ass at the end of next week’s episode, when they’re showing a preview of hometown dates the following week, they’ll show the clips of Hannah B. again and that’ll be the WTF moment the audience will be asking about. Well, now you have your answer.

There’s a lot you can really dissect in that video and I’m not going to go over all of it. The Hannah B. one was important since that’s something I just found out about this past weekend and was gonna post today. The preview clips only confirmed it for me. The other big thing that everyone freaked out about last night was Colton at the end of the clip standing there with a ring box, with a voiceover saying he was going to make someone his wife or something like that. The biggest thing to take from that scene, which I also tweeted last night, was that ring box was empty:

I know a lot of you are asking what was that all about? When was that filmed? Where was it filmed? Is the spoiler wrong? I’ve told you since the very beginning of the spoilers, I didn’t have every detail laid out. Never once said that I did. Told you there were pieces missing. Because this is such a different ending and it’s unlike anything we’ve ever seen, there are pieces I just don’t have now. Maybe I will be able to fill them in in the next month. I’m not sure. But what I do know is that the spoiler is correct. Colton and Cassie are not engaged. They are together, but not engaged. How it all plays out and how we get to that point, there are just certain pieces I don’t have. But watching that preview last night, it’s pretty clear in that where you can see when he dumps Tayshia and when he lets Hannah G. go. It’s all in there if you look closely. The spoiler hasn’t changed just because of what was shown last night. He ended up with Cassie and they didn’t get engaged. I will try to fill in whatever I can over the next month. But I’m solid with the spoiler I put out. Nothing shown last night changes anything.

1. iampunka

February 12, 2019 at 10:36 AM

Colton was doomed from Day 1. These insta thirsty girls were never in it for him. And last night showed it big time. The mature ones bail, and the nor ready girls got deer in the headlights when Colton said some girls who left there are girls left who aren’t ready. Cassie in particular, but Hannah G too. His 2 favorites were obviously freaking over those conversations knowing it hit home.

Not it’s time to watch the meltdowns happen. Some girls are gonna look really bad for not bailing sooner–or not even coming on the show–when others girls did after they say the not feeling it or not ready.

Ridiculousness of the format is getting exposed again.

2. shouldbeworking

February 12, 2019 at 11:44 AM

I guess I didn’t watch closely enough as I didn’t see any of what he’s talking about in his blog.
    This season is so painful. Can it be over already?

February 12, 2019 at 1:33 PM

It’s a sad season. Colton shows no real interest in getting to know any of the girls. He’ll patiently listen to a story, and empathize with them. But he doesn’t really ask many questions. That’s why the connections are so superficial. All Colton really cares about are superficial things. Maybe that’s a tad more honest than guys like Nick who would ask those questions, but really didn’t care. Colton is just a nicer version of Juan Pah-Blow who blatantly embraced the superficial and completely blew off anything deeper. So, I think the response to Colton is similar, absent the contempt that JP got from some of his girls. But the result is the same. The girls are seeing that they can’t get anywhere emotionally with Colton. So they’re peeling off. Given all this, the ending makes sense. He loses interest in almost everyone that hasn’t already lost interest and left, and somewhat predictably the one he has interest in doesn’t see anything there. That’s it in a nutshell with Colton. There’s nothing really there except some superficial good looks and a smile. Beneath that? I don’t see anything there. This is the worst season since JP.

4. tinyred500

February 12, 2019 at 2:09 PM

Well, going by these comments we are all in agreement about Colton and this series so far. The episodes are still merging into one for me..with no stand out moments. I find myself ‘doing a Colton’, by switching off and not taking any real interest. My cup of tea and choccy biccy is so much more interesting!

5. ctrealitygirl

February 13, 2019 at 10:23 AM

The thing that bugs me most about Colton is the childish way he speaks. Has anyone else noticed that his sentences are choppy and short and uses very general terms? He comes off like a toddler speaking his first words/sentences. Almost simple-minded. And his chipmunk face makes him look the part. How are these women falling for him??? Methinks they’re as brain-dead as he is. What a horrible boring season. PLEASE NO Caelynn for Bachelorette. Following up the simpleton Colton with a beauty queen??

6. tinyred500

February 13, 2019 at 10:54 AM

I agree, short choppy sentences from Colton is being kind. He really can’t string a half decent sentence together….it’s either him saying how much he likes the girl, blah, blah, blah or he’s kissing them (Steve’s comments about Colton’s kisses made me chuckle).

Have we actually learnt anything new about him or these girls yet?! He doesn’t ask a single thing or tell us anything new about him, there’s zero discussion (at least from edit’s we’re seeing). He said that he’s had people give up on him, and I can all see why…… you have to have something to give, or willing to share with another, in order to receive it back. I think Robb22 has a point, that’s Colton being another Juan Pablo, a version of him at least.

7. tinyred500

February 13, 2019 at 11:03 AM

I meant to add (I wish there was an edit button!).

…as for Colton being a ‘simpleton’, well the lights are on, but there’s no-one home.

February 16, 2019 at 8:59 AM

There is a pretty good comparison between Colton and JP. Both were marginal pro athletes living in a bubble. The male athlete often can be very superficial since they travel a lot and spend a lot of time on their athletic pursuits. I know a very successful male athlete, who’s a good guy, but he sleeps until 11:00 then heads to the ballpark. Any time he’s not playing, he’s sleeping or chilling out. So there can be a tendency to not really understand much of anything that doesn’t relate to their sport. It doesn’t mean they are bad guys, just emotionally stunted and single minded. JP was kind of a jerk, and Colton isn’t that. But the lack of depth is exactly the same. I’m sure it’s very frustrating for any girl. Tia and Colton’s “relationship” is an excellent case study. What was telling was that Colton enjoyed Tia’s company, but really didn’t show more than moderate interest in her personally. I imagine that his relationship with Ally Raisman was much the same.