The Bachelorette 15 - Hannah

The “Bachelorette” Hannah – Episode 8 Recap, (EXCLUSIVE) BIP Engagements, “Men Tell All” Films This Week, and Jed Speaks Out Finally. Sort Of.

Photo Credit: ABC

-Peter’s hometown date is up first (even though it was filmed last of the four) and it’s in Westlake Village, which is basically just a stones throw from the mansion. Hannah really seems to like Peter. And has really seemed to have a vision of him since she was a kid. “When I was playing at home with barbies, he’s who I imagined.” Easy there, Hannah. So he’s your Ken doll? Actually, I can kinda see that now. Makes a little more sense that Hannah sees Peter as a stiff, uptight, yuppie who shows off his car for chicks. Because c’mon, lets face it, Peter introducing his car as his “baby” to her just reeks of douchebaggery. Bragging about your car? Seriously? Is he a gear head? Young dudes in their 20’s with not a lot going for them introduce their cars to women as their “baby.” Get it together Petey. Not a good look.

-So Peter takes Hannah for a ride in his baby, and she’s checkin out the middle console. What does she find besides Altoids? A condom. You know who wasn’t happy about that? Trojan.

Yeah, Peter. Are you still in high school? Who keeps condoms in the middle console of their car that isn’t still a teenager? Lets see. What do I have in my middle console. Well, since I’m currently driving a rental we can’t go with that. But in my car being worked on right now? I had a pair of headphones in case I forget my air pods for the gym. I have loose change. I have Dave & Busters Power Cards for me and my niece and nephew, and a sunglasses case. Yep. That’s it. I believe I stopped storing condoms in there right around the time Boyz II Men was releasing “I’ll Make Love To You.” But you do you, Pete.

-Because Peter is a pilot…wait for it…wait for it…he’s gonna take her flying today. Why? “This gives us an opportunity for our relationship to soar.” See what he did there? He flies, they have a relationship, he wants it to take…forget it. I can’t with this. I’m really confused now. Is Peter going to be Sunroof Down Ken or Aviation Ken? Pick which lane you want to be in Peter and stay there. Luke wants you to. So Peter takes her up in his prop plane and they fly around LA and even over the mansion like he did in his intro video. And instead of, oh I don’t know, paying attention and flying a plane, Peter is getting all handsy and touching Hannah. I’m sorry. Please keep your hands to yourself, look straight ahead, put your hands on the wheel (or whatever the pilots hold), and do not distract yourself. I’ve seen “Airplane!” I know they have that blow up doll pilot, but I don’t trust that. You concentrate more on flying the plane than worrying about any hanky panky in the air. Question: Does Peter keep condoms in the cockpit too?

-When they meet with Peter’s parents, they are so excited to hear all about where Peter and Hannah have been this season. C’mon dad Peter and mother Barbara, quit pretending like you weren’t following along with spoilers all season. And brother Jack? Well, that kid was running his mouth all season to plenty of people so you knew damn well where they were at all season. But hey, good acting job anyway. I still think 98% of America bought it. Peter tells the family at dinner that he’s never brought someone home he felt so strongly for, and I’m sure that might’ve torn at the insides of the ex who won’t come forward. Then again, it’s not like it was Peter’s choice to bring Hannah home. It’s her choice that he made it to final four, not his. “But he could’ve eliminated himself if he didn’t want…” Please.

-It was either Peter’s mom or dad that said to Hannah, “When he gets all into you, it’s very hard for him to get out of that.” Ummmmm, are you suuuuuure about that one? Because from what I’ve seen in texts, it’s actually very easy for him to get out of something when he tells someone a week before he wants to move them to CA to be with him. But hey, then again, parents aren’t privy to every single conversation their kids have with members of the opposite sex, so I can’t say I’m too surprised they weren’t aware of that. But yeah, it happened. I just feel like watching this date, I still didn’t learn anything about the guy. He’s a pilot. He flys. We know that. We’ve known that from his intro video. What else is there? Oh yeah, he calls his car “baby” and has the sexual hygiene qualities of a teenager getting laid on the reg with his first girlfriend. Great. Is there anything else he can tell us about himself?

1. crushonspivey

July 9, 2019 at 9:42 AM

Jed’s family is getting a bad rap. I think they know he is immature and not ready. They said so, so is wasn’t about Hannah. She just happened to be the girl there that night. It was about Jed. And Jed’s parents were pretty honest about him. They know the dude is still a mess and not ready. Whether it was Hannah, Haley or any other girl. But Hannah ignores what they were putting down. They really tried to warn her about their boy. And many viewers did not like it. I found it refreshing. Honest hometowns are always the best hometowns.

2. aflo78

July 9, 2019 at 11:47 AM

Also, can we address the little temper tantrum Jed threw at the rose ceremony!!!! Do you think the producers had any clue about Haley and knew the goldmine they hit with that little outburst?

3. ctrealitygirl

July 9, 2019 at 1:19 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing last night, aflo78! Wondering if Jed cringed when he saw that back after all the bad publicity he’s gotten and is whining about. Like the old saying goes: “If you want to play, you have to pay.” Hilarious!

4. justa_viewer

July 9, 2019 at 1:57 PM

“Seems like a low blow. YOU were the one that kept him around all season. If it was as bad as you’re saying it was, then you should’ve let him go early…..Going all in 4 times seems a bit excessive.”

Maybe we’ll understand it better–and the anger that drove those comments–after watching Luke try to shame her (or come over as superior to her, however you want to frame it) next week. Just a thought. Hell hath no fury like a bachelorette scorned, perhaps.

I’m pretty sure if I had given a problem boyfriend the benefit of the doubt multiple times, only to have him turn on me in the end and reject me because I was no longer “godly” enough for him, I’d be nursing a bit of a grudge. (I’m not saying that’s what happened, but it does kind of look like it, doesn’t it? I guess we’ll see.)

5. catbyrd

July 9, 2019 at 5:03 PM

So…he was in a “relationship ” with another girl for FOUR months, and now everyone is ready to crucify the guy? It might be a story if it were four YEARS. And I’m pretty sure he’s not the first contestant that went on the show purely for exposure. He probably had no idea he would end up actually falling for Hannah. Sorry Haley, but if he was that into you, he never would have went on the show.

6. keddo

July 9, 2019 at 5:34 PM

Why do so many people on this series have such a problem giving a toast? So often they say, “give a cheers to”, when they should actually “propose (or give) a toast to”, then say what they want to say about whatever, followed by, “to our future (or the most beautiful woman I’m with tonight, or whatever)”, followed by whoever agrees with the toast saying, “cheers”, or “to our future”, as they clink and drink.
    TL;DR – It’s a toast, not a “cheers”.

7. cjscjs711

July 9, 2019 at 11:15 PM

Bravo, Steve, on Jed’s career. As the saying goes, you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. Yes, he not only is not a good singer, he sounds like 8 million other guys who are not good singers and his songwriting is nothing to write home about either. And I can’t tell you how I wanted to shout at the TV, “Tune your damn guitar!” Can’t freaking stand out of tune string instruments.

Frankly, I’ve never thought Luke was so bad. Most of what he’s said so far sounds like he just wasn’t made for this kind of situation. Most guys, in the real world, who were getting set to marry a woman WOULD definitely get upset hearing she just went bungee jumping, naked, chest-to-chest, loin-to-loin with another guy. And in the real world, it would hurt to hear that other guy excitedly describing it. But this – that he signed up for – is not the real world.

It sounds like he got very right-wing Christian judgmental with her (After what he admitted he’d done? Much double standard?)

My guess is, as she said to him Week 3, he needed to stop “flaunting our relationship in front of the other guys” because it obviously just would get them worked up and jealous. Did producers keep encouraging him?

Steve, I think religion played a big part in it, with likely many deep religious conversations we were not privy to. But….. guy had a great body, enough to make the other guys jealous of that, too; and she admitted to Harrison that Luke was the best kisser, saying she could go on with him for hours. So, the physical attraction I think played a big role.

They needed a villain, they guys already were fomenting it – jealousy probably foremost – it was easiest for producers to just run with that one and amplify the dislike and hatred in whatever ways or hints they could.

Please do try to get an interview with Luke P. As for his slut-shaming Hannah, sometimes these ex-anythings are the worst. Ex-smokers – they are the worst to light up around. Ex-addicts, etc. Especially in the beginning, they have zero tolerance for being around their old vice. Hopefully, Luke’s attitude toward pre-marital sex will soften with age and reality and waking up to the 21st century. But if the up-coming scene is what it looks like, I can’t blame Hannah for being offended.

July 10, 2019 at 1:51 PM

OK, here goes on Luke. What I got from that hometown is that Luke is the Big Dog in his town, or at least with his group. As long as he’s the Big Dog and pretty much gets to dictate what happens, he’s fine. On The Bachelorette, he not only wasn’t the Big Dog and didn’t get to dictate terms, but his attempts to control everyone on the show turned everyone against him. He was a fish out of water at that point, so things just went from bad to worst. It would never work with him and Hannah, because as much of a mess that Hannah is, she’s not going to put up with a controlling guy. That’s been the basis of the arguments she’s had with him. Luke doesn’t get to dictate what she, or anyone else does on The Bachelorette. Drives him crazy. As far as his religion goes, Christianity really isn’t something that really “changes” someone outwardly instantaneously. I mean, they’re supposed to change, and as they grow and mature with their faith, they hopefully make positive changes and improve. But it’s not surprising that a relatively new Christian of his age, really doesn’t much understand his religion yet & comes across as a hypocrite. I give him somewhat of a pass because of his age. But he is still representing his religion poorly and he really needs to own it. I hope he comes out and falls on his sword and apologizes for his behavior on MTA. There’s really no place else to go with it. If he tries to justify it, blame others or claim that he was edited poorly, it’s not going to come across well. I think we’ll see very quickly if Luke has learned anything, because they’re going to come at him hard and he needs to just take it like a man. I’m guessing he starts by apologizing, but I bet he won’t stick to it when the guys bring the heat on him. He can’t handle that.

9. corn29

July 14, 2019 at 9:32 PM

Not considering what we know about Jed now — but if we didn’t know about Jed’s GF prior to the show, the reaction to the rose ceremony would have been different…

… I’m totally with Jed about saying WTF when he gets a rose after Luke.

Personally, I would have gone up to Hannah to say goodbye and excused myself from the running. There’s no way in hell, no matter how hot she is or the connection we supposedly have, that the woman for me has that bad of a decision making process.

10. corn29

July 14, 2019 at 9:34 PM

> Why do so many people on this series have such a problem giving a toast?

Because it’s not organic and completely manufactured.

You’re right, making a toast is easy. When it’s genuine that is. When you have to pull stuff out of your rear, because everything around you is manipulated, that’s when it gets hard I imagine.

11. jlal

July 15, 2019 at 10:38 AM

I felt like Luke’s family was trying to redeem his rep., but how would they know how bad he’s been? Hannah should sent him packing weeks ago. He is an insecure, immature, jealous, controller, who uses his religion as an excuse to be judgmental. No thanks!

Jed was so playing a game with Haley, Hannah and the show. I don’t think for a minute he was serious, just playing along.

I like Peter and had no issue with his calling his car baby. I’m a car nut and have always love cars. I get that to some (most of my family and friends) a car is just to get from point A to B, but to us car lovers they are much more. Also, had no issue with taking her for a flight. Pretty cool and something I’d have loved to do. Condoms in the console, I didn’t think good or bad. Just great he practices safe sex. I’m a women, but someone tell me is that bad like RS seems to think?

Tyler is and has always been my favorite.

12. kabuki

July 15, 2019 at 3:11 PM

Late to the party, but what’s in it for Pilot Pete? I read he’s a pilot for Delta Airlines. He probably does regional flights as he’s a newbie. How did he get the time off to do this show (or does he not have a job anymore?)? If I were the Bachelorette, I’d be looking at why someone would come on the show and on that basis alone, I’d choose Peter. He has nothing to gain by being on the show other than to find someone. He’s not going to give up being a commercial pilot in order to become a model or sports commentator. He seems really nice and into her. His family seemed very nice. He has a good job and he doesn’t live in some hellacious town in the middle of nowhere. Maybe I am too rational, but I just don’t get why she’d go for Luke and his dodgy music career, especially since it’s obvious he has no talent. I am convinced that Luke was a producer pick and she was forced to keep him on to keep the drama going. Tyler is dullsville. I can’t take his monotone dude-alicious voice, but I suppose if he’s not talking, he’s easy on the eye. At least working for his father’s business he has a guaranteed paycheck coming in. Hannah just has bad taste in men. My picks: #1. Peter; #2. Tyler. No one else qualifies.