The Bachelor 21 - Nick

“Bachelor” Nick Episode 3 Recap Incl “Beard Hunk” & Rodgers Family Drama

Photo Credit: E! Online

-Vanessa’s date was up next as they take a Zero G plane up into the air, float around, barf, and then kiss. I mean, to be honest there isn’t a hell of a lot to recap on this date, but I’ll sure try. A few tweets and emails to me last night how it’s so obvious it’s Vanessa after watching them, and he was crying already on the third date which was one week into filming, etc. I mean, you’re telling me something I’ve known for two months. It’s why I gave you the spoiler 4 days after they got engaged that Nick picked Vanessa. Anything that’s happened since Nov. 22nd is kinda irrelevant. I’m aware that Nick tweeted out a picture of their date last night, but that doesn’t mean anything since he tweeted out a picture of his date last week with Danielle M. And I’m sure he’ll do it next week with Danielle L. and/or Raven. So that tweet doesn’t mean much to me since he seems to be doing it for everyone. If all season long the only picture Nick tweeted out was one from his date with Vanessa? Then sure, it would say a lot. But that doesn’t look to be the case.

-Before I forget, someone emailed me this picture last night of Vanessa. She was in the audience of the season finale of “Roast Battle” on Comedy Central last season when they filmed in Montreal. This was a couple months before “Bachelor” filming began. Does it mean anything? No. But just thought I’d point it out that Vanessa was in attendance at the filming last year.

VanessaRoastBattle

-I did find it funny that Vanessa got sick on this date and puked since I’m guessing that’s the same reaction Jen has when watching Nick on this season. I don’t blame Vanessa for getting sick. I’ve never done anything like that, but I’d probably get sick too. My stomach isn’t the greatest when it comes to an activity like that, so yeah, I’m good. I’ll sit that one out. After she blew chunks, it was clear that both of them were chewing gum and then had no problem kissing. Yeah, because Orbitz can really mask that vomit taste out of someone’s mouth. What exactly were they thinking? Ahhhh, must be true love if you’re willing to swap saliva with someone who just yanked minutes earlier. You know how some couples save mementos from their dates to be used in scrapbooks and the like? Maybe Nick and Vanessa saved each other’s pieces of chewed gum as a memory of their first date together. Aren’t you supposed to eat a piece of your wedding cake on your anniversary? Well, since these two are never getting married, maybe for the time they’re still together, every month they can whip out those two chewed pieces of gum and chew them together. It would be incredibly romantic – and probably make Vanessa boot again.

-At dinner, Vanessa basically tells Nick she doesn’t know much about him. Said she only watched a couple episodes of Andi’s season. Well damn. I guess now we know why he picked her. She’s clueless on his past! Verrrrrrry smart, Nick. Pick the girl who has no idea how many girls you’ve run through in this franchise. Man, I’m not giving Nick enough credit for how genius he is. What a brilliant move that he picked the girl so unfamiliar with him and the franchise that she has no idea what she’s about to enter into! I take back everything negative I’ve ever said about Nick. What a truly savvy, smart, and calculating man he is. Good job, Nicky. Anyway, since oblivious Vanessa only watched a couple episodes from Andi’s season, Nick gives her the short, short, edited version of his past with the franchise. Vanessa just seems to like how close he is to his mom because she’s very close to her family as well. Yes, Nick is very close to his mom. And his small village siblings. Enjoy buying gifts for 10 brothers and sisters! Or not.

-Vanessa tells a sad story about how a couple weeks before filming began that her grandfather died and she was given a red rose from the funeral. I guess that was a sign or something that he’s looking out for her on this journey. Anyone’s relative who dies sucks. I feel for her on that one. I just think the whole red rose/sign/guiding me the through the journey thing might’ve been a bit of a reach. Sounds good and fits with the storyline, but, it may have been a bit too campy even for this show. And that’s saying something. With that said, their dinner talk was pretty telling how much Nick was into her. They were one week into filming at this point and Nick is already brought to tears on the date because of how good of a time he was having and how happy he was. Has that ever happened in the history of this show? Ummmm, no. Plenty of the leads have cried, and have cried numerous times. But not a week into filming after a great date. So I’m glad it all took this date for those who doubted to see what I’ve known for 2 months now. Welcome aboard.

1. hayleyyy

January 17, 2017 at 10:24 AM

Based on what I’ve seen on social media, I know I’m in the minority when I say that Vanessa just doesn’t do it for me. Initially, it was her abnormally small head/face (compared to her body) and too thin hair – petty, I know, but it’s a turnoff for me. And after watching her on TV and perusing her instagram, I get the sense that she might be a lot more sassy than the edit lets on. Call it women’s intuition, but she seems like she could have a really b-tchy, bossy side to her! She also comes across as slightly too norm core for Nick. She doesn’t dress fashionably or have that pretty group of girlfriends (based on IG), whereas Nick is all about that Instagram-trendy-girl life. I dunno. I’ll probably get lambasted for these assumptions – which I know they are just that – ASSUMPTIONS. But it’s what I feel!

Oh and praising her for speaking 3 languages besides English? It’s not that big of a deal. Like her, I come from an ethnic family so I speak 2 automatically. And people who are born and raised in Montreal all speak French, so no big whoop.

2. j1scarlett

January 17, 2017 at 10:32 AM

They didn’t show Christen getting the group date rose, but it was one of the first things one of the girls said at the beginning of the show. They didn’t need to acknowledge it at the rose ceremony because they already had, you just weren’t paying attention I guess..

3. crushonspivey

January 17, 2017 at 10:39 AM

Vanessa grew on me last night. But I do want to see if she has a wenchy side. Calling Danielle L fake and being very direct in a rude way might be a turn off. Some girls don;t get that most guys prefer girls who are more chill and real, and not insecure and cray. And we have seen nothing so far to make Danielle L seem fake. Plus, she is probably the prettiest girl in the house overall.

Corinne is pure entertainment, and it is easy to see that she is all too willing to just do what the producers ask her to do. I mean, as if she had organized having a bouncy house there herself right? Let’s stop pretending that some contestants on this show aren’t cast to play a role. Because she clearly is. So obvious. The bounce house. The constant sleeping now. Her overaggressiveness. All a role to get under the skin of other girls, and it is working. Hope she got paid well for her role.

January 17, 2017 at 10:53 AM

I know Corrinne is entertainment, but it’s annoying entertainment. The things she does are wholly predictable, clearly producer driven and pathetic. I feel (a little) sorry for her because she’s obviously been spoiled beyond belief by her rich moronic parents. She is now unable to do anything for herself & that’s sad. This is what parents do when they don’t want their little angels to suffer & struggle at all with basic life responsibilities. Then they wonder why their kids wander out of the house and implode completely. When you refuse to do things for them, refuse to buy non essential items for them and make them learn how to wash clothes, have a job to pay for their fun, buy their own car, cook and clean up behind themselves, they learn valuable lessons. Corrinne is an extreme example of the opposite approach. He parents really should be whipped for their complete failure to their daughter. And Corrinne knows she’s incompetent. She tries to put on a brave face and make a spectacle of herself for attention. But her heavy drinking tells me she’s in a lot of pain & is unable to cope with the world without her nanny there to do everything for her. That’s really sad.

5. shouldbeworking

January 17, 2017 at 11:17 AM

rob22 I totally agree with your analysis of the train wreck that is Corinne. I, too, feel sorry for her. She’s in for a rough life.

6. kimmyfromdablock

January 17, 2017 at 11:39 AM

Count me in as someone who does NOT feel sorry for Corinne. Taking into account that some of her behavior has been created for television, she is an adult and needs to be accountable for ALL of her behavior, including crying like a petulant child when things don’t do go her way.

Vanessa seems okay, but I too get the impression that she is a bit superior and doesn’t seem like the right fit for Nick. I actually don’t know who would be the right fit for Nick because the boy is clearly not there to find a wife. He seems very young for his age.

7. purplerayne

January 17, 2017 at 12:11 PM

LOL Focusing on someone’s hair thickness and putting down her ability to speak 3 languages (which the show/nick are impressed by, its not something she’s shoving down our throats), screams of some weird insecurity on your side. But thats the bachelor fan world… a lot of weird people who pick apart these contestants based on their own issues.

I really like Danielle Lo, but like RS said, she would be saying same thing to Chase or Luke. So yeah, I can see how she could be labeled fake.

So far both Danielles, Vanessa and Raven are coming in strong. Still hoping to see more of Rachel’s personality.

January 17, 2017 at 1:47 PM

Yeah Kimmy, I get the NOT part too. She’s not 15, so she is an adult and responsible for her own behavior. And parents are not wholly responsible for how their kids turn out. You can do the best possible job and they can still become pathetic adults… or conversely, I have some friends with terrible parents that are nonetheless wonderful people. What I was reacting to is the nanny. Essentially, at an adult age, the parents identified a problem called “our daughter is helpless”. Rather than having a moment of clarity and starting to teach their daughter some life skills, they instead hired her a nanny. Think about that thought process for a minute. They couldn’t be bothered to actually teach their own daughter ANY life skills. Again, I get it. There’s nothing that prevents Corrinne from taking a cooking class, learning how to do laundry, etc…. or hey, maybe move into her own apartment. Boy, that’s a bridge too far, I guess. She does have to own that as an adult. But the pathetic parenting in enabling Corrinne’s incompetence & helplessness is just so painfully obvious.