Podcasts

The “Bachelorette” Becca – Episode 6 Recap, “He Said, She Said” Episode 1 with Ashley Spivey, & Chris Has an Apology

Photo Credit: ABC

-Because a producer got in Chris’ ear and told him it’d be a good idea to go over to Becca’s place and plead his case to her knowing full well she’d be sending him home, that’s what he did. Chris is still bothered by what Lincoln said and lets us know that Lincoln “eats 12 eggs a day” and “his cholesterol has to be 6,000.” Is that even a thing? It’s been a year or so since my cholesterol level was checked, but I don’t remember having numbers like that. Did he mean to say Lincoln eats 6,000 calories a day? So of course I had to go to trusted Google and ask, “What is the normal cholesterol level?” Answer:

“Cholesterol levels for adults. Total cholesterol levels less than 200 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) are considered desirable for adults. A reading between 200 and 239 mg/dL is considered borderline high and a reading of 240 mg/dL and above is considered high. LDL cholesterol levels should be less than 100 mg/dL.”

Yeah, I don’t know where 6000 came from or what that has to do with cholesterol, but I’m no doctor. Well, except when I’m Dr. Reality Steve, which you can hear some of today in the re-launch of the “He Said, She Said” podcast on my Reality Steve podcast feed. Or you can listen in the link on page 1.

-I think Chris just got lost in this process because there is no logical explanation for him sitting across from Becca, and having probably two of the worst interactions with her the last two weeks to the point of her excusing herself and ruining other dates she was on, and then telling her “I can see myself marrying you at the end of this.” There’s just no way he actually could’ve thought that to be true. Had to have been a Hail Mary he threw to possibly save himself since he probably saw the writing on the wall and maybe thought that would be his saving grace. I don’t know, but I’m convinced there’s no way he could’ve believed what was coming out of his mouth. Again, props to him for owning up to it today and lets hope he sticks to his word on Paradise.

-I would talk about how Chris acted once Becca let him go, but I figured the beating he’s taken to this point is enough. Do we really need to put the guys face on the ground and curb stomp him even more? Probably not. We all saw it. Obviously he was pissed and didn’t agree, but it manifested itself even worse when he acted as childish when he did when all she wanted to do was walk him out. If he didn’t have that apology today, sure, I would’ve beaten him down even more. But he sees what he did and didn’t blame anyone else. I think he knows he f***ed up and that was his best route to go. Unlike Jordan, who conducts an interview and bashes Becca saying she was boring, says it’s all in the editing and they wanted him to play up his model lifestyle and he’s not really like that, then spends the whole interview talking about how great he is.

-Becca has cancelled the cocktail party since, well, like Connor and Lincoln had a chance. Jason, Colton, and Leo safe with roses. Becca gives what seems to be the longest damn pre-rose giving out speech I can remember. Damn she rambled. Here’s what I got: “Thank you for this week….a lot more emotionally challenging than I was expecting…Chris coming to my room and sending him home put things in perspective…have to follow my heart…woke up knowing what my heart was telling me…I’m going on and on and on and on with this and it’s never ending and Steve doesn’t want to take notes anymore…”

Garrett: I love you and you only and I want to be with you. But I’ll just give group date roses to rando’s like Colton for f**k’s sake.
Blake: I kinda like you.

“Becca, gentleman, it’s the final rose tonight. When you’re ready. We literally had three roses to give out at this rose ceremony, and I’m comin’ in hard after two roses to tell everyone there’s one left. And I make $60k an episode for this nonsense. Good lord, I hope I’m never outed for stealing money.”

Wills: You cool with another week?

Wow. We’re finally only one episode away from hometowns. Not bad at all. This season is just breezing by. Before you know it, it’ll be Paradise season. Then filming of the next “Bachelor” in mid-September. Lets keep on pushing forward and head for the finish line. The best is yet to come. Make it a great day. And every other cliché you can think of to end this column.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page, or listen to all my podcasts at Apple Podcasts. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. supersparklyday

July 3, 2018 at 9:46 AM

I think Chris’s Apology Statement was awesome. I hope he sticks to it and shows well in Paradise. Good for him, though; it shows depth.

2. realitynyc12

July 3, 2018 at 11:19 AM

I think any deeply f-ed up person who posts death threats to someone because they didn’t like how they conducted themselves on a reality TV show, needs to be held accountable and have their Instagram accounts suspended systematically, enough of this insanity. Who the f do these ppl think they are to harass these people and write vile things about their mothers, etc. Disgusting. I feel bad for Chris and others having had to deal with that, can’t be easy.
    Its high time Instagram and other social media platforms develop a feature where death threats and similar language gets recognized and accounts from which it came get shut down (and owners IP addresses recorded so they can’t create new ones) Reporting these people isn’t enough, maybe if there are repercussions- these psychos will start to think twice before posting whatever comes to their disturbing empty heads without consequence.

Great apology by Chris, I think he’ll do fine on paradise. and to be objective, his behavior, while not his finest moments, wasn’t even nearly as bad as some of the other dudes like Jean Blanc, Jordan and “Smooth Criminal Lincoln”, who blatantly lied to make Chris look way worse than he did) So I honestly don’t even think he owes people as deep of an apology for that as he gave but good for him nonetheless, shows a lot of maturity.

3. corn29

July 3, 2018 at 11:25 AM

Becca’s shtick is getting old. How many times does she whine about letting other people dictate her moods?!

Are there no safe spaces on the Bachelorette get away to? Poor snowflake.

On three occasions now she’s brought a sour puss face to dates because of things other guys has said or done. I just don’t get why she gives away that kind of power to let other people to affect her moods in such a dramatic manner!

We get it. It’s a bad date. It’s a bad guy. It happens to thousands of people every day in the dating world.
    You’re not special in that regard. Just move on Becca!

July 3, 2018 at 12:53 PM

A pet peeve of mine is public apologies. All they are good for is gauging how aware the person is that they need to fall on the sword and not make excuses. Sure, the average bozo, especially from a show like this…. but hardly limited to reality TV… tries to somewhat justify their actions, make excuses, or worse, do the “sorry if I offended anyone” thing. So, those people get what they get, because they overtly reveal that they’re not really sorry through their non-apologies. It’s amazing how many people can’t admit they’re wrong and can’t even pretend that they do.

Chris is in the other category. His apology did take responsibility, and didn’t deflect blame or make excuses. So, I’m not saying that’s bad, but all it means is that somebody grabbed him by the ears and told him what he needed to do if he didn’t want to extend the cycle of hate he’s now experiencing (which is another issue altogether). It doesn’t mean he’s “really sorry”. It doesn’t mean he will actually change something. The whole apology is fairly meaningless. It’s meaningless because, #1, it’s a reality show, he broke no laws, he hurt nobody, and 3 days from now nobody will ever remember who Chris is, much less his apology. But #2, it doesn’t mean that Chris is really sorry and will or even wants to make any changes in his life. Odds are, this is who Chris is and will continue to be. But again, see #1. Nobody will care after the holiday, though they’ll be briefly reminded during MTA. Public apologies are just really dumb. Always.

5. adelina

July 3, 2018 at 1:15 PM

I thought that Chris’ “apology” post was lame given that he posted over and over again what he thought he SHOULD say and then accompanies said apology with a pensive posed picture against a wall. Gimme a break!! Overkill. Dude needs to say something as simple as “sorry I came off as such an a## on the show. Moving on…”

I’m going to doubt that he received many death threats. Dude just doesn’t have a real strong sense of self – it’s as simple as that.

6. jlal

July 3, 2018 at 3:28 PM

Call me crazy but Wills reminds me of the blond chick that had the real affected voice last season. She tried to say she had a sore throat or some such crap and everyone hated her. His half mast eyelids, voice, and manner remind me of her. Also noticed when Chris was making his last ditch effort he said “…you should feel..”, and “You can feel that way”, good of him to give Becca instructions on how she should and can feel. He also said me and I too many times to count. What a egotistical ahole.

7. jlal

July 3, 2018 at 3:29 PM

One question, what is a DM?

8. Caroll

July 3, 2018 at 3:56 PM

DM is direct message on Twitter. Private message.
    Google it.

9. jlal

July 3, 2018 at 4:32 PM

Thanks Caroll. I’m a Google freak, but had just read it in RS’s recap and just wondered.

10. elizabeth82

July 4, 2018 at 9:52 AM

“Becca is so fired up, even when her schnookie wookie dumpling head walks in the room, she asks if she can excuse herself for 5 minutes to clear her mind of all the nonsense Chris and Lincoln threw at her.” HA!

11. bearsiren

July 9, 2018 at 10:54 PM

Reality Steve needs to stop being such a bitch.