The Bachelor 23 - Colton

The “Bachelor” Colton – (EXCLUSIVE) Spoiler Detail on Next Week’s Episode, “Women Tell All” Spoilers, & Episode 16 of the “He Said, She Said” Podcast with Ashley Spivey

Photo Credit: ABC

Ok, lets get into what we’re looking at the next couple of weeks. Next Monday the 4th, is the overnight date episode (well, half of it), and then next Tuesday is the “Women Tell All,” which taped this past Friday. The following week, Monday, the 11th is the finale (or continuation of what we see from next Monday night), and then the next night, Tuesday the 12th is a 2 hour live “After the Final Rose,” where the next “Bachelorette” will be announced. Then “Bachelorette” filming begins two days later on March 14th. We’ve talked about this ad nauseum. The naming of the “Bachelor” and “Bachelorette” is about the only secret this show can keep anymore. They will hold out as long as they can before telling the person they choose that it’s them. Knowing it’ll be announced during the ATFR on the 12th, my guess is whoever is chosen will be told a few days before. Maybe heading into next weekend so they can get their photo shoots done and what not. Because they have multiple women sign contracts and then ultimately choose just one, it’s much harder to get confirmation than in the past. If they’ve decided, they certainly haven’t told the actual woman that it’s them yet. The two Hannah’s and Caelynn are basically who it’s down to, and I’d say Caelynn is running a distant third. I just don’t see the edit she’s getting being conducive to getting the gig. But hey, I guess anything is possible. She gave a good cry job on her exit last night and at the WTA she spent her time on the hot seat crying some more. So maybe that’ll garner her some sympathy.

Next week’s episode is a big one, as you will see things starting to shape up. We saw in last night’s episode, Cassie’s dad played a major role in where her head is at. Go back and read ANY hometown date recap of mine in the last 15 years. The one thing I consistently make fun of during this episode is how many dad’s give the “Bachelor” their blessing/permission to marry their daughter after meeting them one time and knowing he’s dating other women. It’s about the stupidest thing this show does and it’s completely unrealistic. I get that these parents are all just playing along, but it’s absurd to think that’s how they really feel. But not Matt F***in Randolph. He will have none of this nonsense and makes it clear to Cassie she needs to think this through, and makes it clear to Colton, “Uhhh, no dice pal. You don’t have my blessing and you can stick it where the sun don’t shine.” In so many words, of course. Which, while some of you may disagree, it’s truly the most realistic parent reaction we’ve probably ever had. There have been parents in the past that show skepticism (including Tayshia’s dad), but ultimately they end up coming around on things. Not Matt F***in Randolph. In fact, this guy is doubling down on his stance. How?

I tweeted out over the weekend that the blanks are starting to get filled in, and said hopefully by the end of the season I will have more details of what happens in Portugal during that fateful overnight date with Cassie. Well, one of those pieces just got filled in. In the episode-by-episode spoilers this season, I said that during Cassie’s overnight date next week, something happened to where she second guessed everything and ended up leaving. Well, that something was that you’ll see Matt F***in Randolph show up in Portugal next week between the day portion of her date with Colton and the night portion. Basically, her dad just reiterates what we heard him say last night. The stuff how marriage is a huge step, she’s 23, he doesn’t think she’s ready, she seems hesitant, etc. So yeah, I’d say that plays a major role in Cassie’s decision.

As reported in the spoilers next week’s episode, Tayshia goes first for her overnight. Nothing physical happened in terms of sex, she mentioned that they just spent the night talking, but Tayshia admits that she’s nervous for the next rose ceremony because she didn’t think Colton was all there mentally.

Then Cassie’s overnight date happens, and like I just mentioned, her dad shows up in between her daytime with Colton and her nighttime portion. Leading into the nighttime portion, Colton even says in an ITM that he’s in love with Cassie, he’s waiting to hear it back from her, and this is the night he could lose his virginity. Which of course they’re gonna show us that because they knew the doom that lay ahead.

1. justa_viewer

February 26, 2019 at 8:58 AM

Well,Matt had to do whatever it took to save his daughter from throwing away her virginity, right? Oh, the irony.

2. tinyred500

February 26, 2019 at 10:03 AM

I decided to go spoiler, because this series has been so horribly bland. I actually love the ending and wished we had more of these type of endings. I also like the fact there isn’t the usual 3 overnight dates (yes, even those who say they’re just talking, it still isn’t a good look IMO, especially if the Bachelor wants to propose only days later, just eww). Far more realistic and with unpredictability added, makes it’s far more interesting.

Hail ye Mr Randolph for saying not only the truth (of how this series works), but stating the unrealistic expectations of it. I totally agree with RS stands on this. I know we’ve had other parents and siblings who have aired concerns, but none have actually stated as much as Mr Randolph, then again they may have said it…it just never made air. Mr Randolph will be remembered for saying how it is, and having it aired. The only thing I would question with the non proposal, is whether this too is part of Colton’s narrative as well as Cassie’s? Is he ready to be engaged, going on his personality and with what I’ve seen, I’d say no.

3. lmarie

February 26, 2019 at 10:29 AM

I agree with above statement, definitely too short a time to be engaged, give them time to really know each other.might just end up engaged in future. Props to Mr R and Cassie. I do think Colton and Cassie make a cute couple and wish them the best in their future

4. iampunka

February 26, 2019 at 11:03 AM

Said it before, say it again. If they want this to seem more “real”, and I’m not sure they do, they change the ending up. Swap it to 3 go to the leads family for hometowns, then once down to 2, go visit the girls family, then fly out to the fantasy suite location and do overnights with the same 2, then final rose. Imagine all that buildup and stress on those final 2 girls. With more time comes more pressure.

Having the lead ask 4 dads for permission is absurd and so cringeworthy. But 2? Still absurd, but far less so.

This ending will be the best since Brad Womack, made less so since Colton does end up dating Cassie. But if they;re done by AFTER? Epic.

5. tinyred500

February 26, 2019 at 12:18 PM

I definitely think the final weeks should include no more than 2 girls. I think they should start episode 7 with the final 2. That way the lead and the viewer gets to know the final 2 far better, and they just might get more couples that end up staying together. However, this is a show about drama and ratings, and I’m not sure if the producers would ever make it easier for a higher couple success rate a priority.

6. stratosphere

February 26, 2019 at 12:44 PM

Caelynn says in the car that Colton said he wasn’t feeling the same. We didn’t see that part, so we know their conversation was edited. It was more than a one sentence conversation on his part. I’ve seen it pegged as such in other places today, but I’m surprised to see that coming from you. You know how this works.

February 26, 2019 at 1:11 PM

The episode last night was just one more absurd episode. Definitely it’s a bit off-putting that not only did Colton tell each Dad that he was “falling in love with their daughter”, but he appeared to do so while looking them right in the eye. I took that to mean that Colton is a pathological liar. Either that, or he’s one confused person. No, I don’t buy it that you were falling in love with all 4 girls. You certainly weren’t feeling it with Caelynn, that’s for sure.

I agree with @stratosphere in that we don’t know that Colton didn’t say anything since it could have been edited out. Probably was. But I also thought it was more honest to be silent than to throw out some of the excuses others have used. There isn’t anything you can say. But, in reality, what breakup really goes down like that with no explanation? None that I’m aware of.

I don’t really see where the show is going to be able to fill 6 more hours of programming, plus the WTA with what they have left. This is really going to be drawn out and painful. Not the Cassie/Colton stuff. I’m beyond caring. It’s going to be painful for the viewers. Its’ going to go on and on and on. And btw: props to Cassie for checking herself and leaving. If her Dad can sway here that easily, then you’re really not into the guy. But boo for Cassie coming back. I assume there were cash and prizes involved in that decision. Oh well, a girl’s gotta eat I guess.

8. adelina

February 26, 2019 at 1:22 PM

I don’t think Mr Randolph is so much a hero I just think he expressed doubts that every parent would express and producers decided to play it up and run with it as part of the narrative. Mr Randolph is then flown out to Portugal as a puppet to add some further spice on this producer inspired “stance.”

You don’t think the other parents reluctantly gave permission? Of course they let Mr Randolph run with his stance – they knew Cassie wasn’t on board.

This is producer manipulated down to the bone.

9. iampunka

February 26, 2019 at 1:42 PM

The entire franchise is manipulated to the bone. Every rose ceremony until maybe the final 4 is. Then maybe the lead has total control. But not until then at hometowns. It’s all contrived TV drama, like the Kardashians. Little is real about it. Especially the contestants. So fake.

Hilarious that Tayshia was on a vacay with her SO weeks before, and is calling others out for fakeness. Cassie was on another show herself barely before. Hannah G is thirsty for Insta fame. Just hit her agent up everyone. And Caelynn is a pageant girl–enuf said.

The cluster is what makes the viewing hilarious, awesome and cringey all at the same time.

10. tinyred500

February 26, 2019 at 2:08 PM

I honestly don’t think the lead ever has total control, even with the last 2 females/males, there’s a narrative to be played out which the producers/editors want.

11. wiggy5

February 26, 2019 at 6:03 PM

As always you’re awesome Steve! I wouldn’t even watch the stupid show if it wasn’t for you! Totally agree with you on Cassie’s dad and his standpoint. I’m probably one of the few older people watching this crazy show-there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that as a parent I would’ve said the same thing to my daughter!

12. mistressmk

February 27, 2019 at 6:42 AM

Perhaps it is just me, but I sure am disappointed in the outcome of this season. Cassie is the one of the final 4 that I felt Colton had the least chemistry with. I have been thinking for a while (before reading the spoilers) that he might choose Tayshia all the while thinking he had the most chemistry with Hannah G. from the start.

No matter who he chose, I seriously doubt the relationship will last long. He has shown himself to be pretty fickle and hop from woman to woman on what seems to be a desire for media attention more than a genuine interest in the women. The virginity angle has been greatly overplayed as well. Personally I don’t believe for a second that he is actually a virgin. A good looking former NFL player with women falling all over him – uh huh, sure, totally hasn’t had sex with any of them.

We can put Colton in his proper place in a long line of Bachelor contestants picking the wrong woman. They always do.

13. jp22

February 27, 2019 at 6:51 AM

Have you seen Callie and her sister’s instagram? There is no way Daddy Randolph isn’t working with producers on this. He and his girls want those girls to be stars. Some dad can’t just jump on a plane and show up at filming without production’s aiding and abetting. The whole time it has seemed they have been moving in the direction of Colton remaining a virgin after all of this. And no doubt in my mind that both Caelynn, the bad actress, and Cassie only wanted to be Bachelorette.

14. jlal

February 27, 2019 at 4:49 PM

This season should be named the Colton showering show. Guess they went for the base, since there has been nothing else interesting. I do agree Colton telling every parent he was falling in love with their daughter wss cringe worthy. He is just playing the game. Happy to hear he may have said something to Tanisha, because that was painful to watch. Will be surprised if he and Cassie are still dating a week after the end. I think Hannah will be the next bachelorette. She had no drama and has the Barbie doll look they, and a lot of men like.

15. jlal

February 27, 2019 at 4:52 PM

I meant said something to Caelynn.

16. notimpressed

February 27, 2019 at 8:36 PM

Hannah B would be a horrible choice for bachelorette.

That’s all

17. notimpressed

February 28, 2019 at 8:29 AM

Also, Colton is not a good decision maker as far as I can tell.

He kept saying he is scared of being rejected, but keeps going for the girl (Cassie) who clearly isnt ready and is primed to reject him. He did this to himself. The other girls IMO were pretty great candidates. We have all liked someone but the timing wasnt right, and that is what this is…she never expected to go so far and has never told him she loves him.

Its his fault for being so overly emotionally invested in her when its pretty obvious she is the one who wants to “keep her options open” and doesnt want to commit to being with him.

18. jlal

February 28, 2019 at 4:51 PM

I agree, about Hannah not be good. But, they don’t seem to care about that. They picked Colton who is boring as hell.

19. ganny2jax

March 2, 2019 at 3:57 PM

First, I’m so happy he did not pick Tayshia! I think she is so fake. That tattletale business is just gross, especially when you’re relaying it third or fourth-hand just to make yourself look better. And Kirpa and precious Miss Hannah G even chime in. That should be the one red flag to send those **b*****s** home. And definitely no Bachelorette pick for Tayshia or Hannah G. Watching Hannah G feels just like scratching a chalkboard with my fingernails. And Tayshia, basically the same. And no Kirpa, Nicole, Sidney, ugggg. I have a lot of respect for Colton and I hope he finds his happy ending with Cassie. I’m kinda sick of people talking bad about him being a virgin, when in reality that’s how it’s SUPPOSED to be! No pun intended there…

20. ganny2jax

March 2, 2019 at 4:01 PM

Maybe so, but she joined in on the Cassie/Caelynn drama too. I don’t care how pretty or cute someone is, that is an example of being ugly on the inside. And that makes the outside not look so good. But that’s just my opinion…