The Bachelor 23 - Colton

The “Bachelor” Colton – Episode 7 Recap, “Bachelorette” Talk, & A Case Made for Hannah B.

Photo Credit: ABC

-We started off again with another video blog from Colton regarding what’s been going on. He’s recording after Vietnam and updating us that on their way out the door, Katie, Sydney, and Demi all warned him about women not being there for the right reasons, which was what the next 120 minutes all centered around. He meets Ben in Denver because, well, I think Ben is contractually obligated to be a part of anything and everything to do with Bachelor Nation from here until eternity. It’s like the show has given him a Lifetime Achievement Award. Did we really need Ben twice this season? Whatever the case, Colton tells Ben he’s falling for multiple women, and now it makes sense to bring Ben in because he’s talking to the guy who told two different women he was in love with them at the very end. So yeah, what a great sounding board Ben was for Colton.

-It’s Tayshia’s date up first after all the women meet Colton’s dog, Sniper. I’m with Colton on this one. You don’t like my dog, I don’t like you. It’s as simple as that. Now granted, Sniper saw all the women and appreciated all the love they were giving them and didn’t try to hump all their legs. Not my Luka. Not saying she does it all the time, but Luka is a complete spaz anytime she meets anyone that’s not me for the first 10 or 15 minutes. She loves people. And wants people to love her. You pet her, great. The second you stop petting her, she’ll let you know that is unacceptable. It’s something that is endearing, but I know not for everybody. She loves when she meets other people, just sometimes a bit too much and you might wanna be careful about her humping your leg or arm. And yes, she’s fixed, which makes it kinda weird.

-Tayshia breaks it down for Colton when he asks her what she knows about what Katie, Sydney, and Demi all told him as they were eliminated last week. Tayshia’s exact words? “I believe that’s who Katie was referring to,” speaking about Caelynn and Cassie. You believe? That doesn’t sound too reassuring. Tayshia continues: “They’re already talking about being next Bachelorette, and they’re not ready to be engaged yet.” Well in case you didn’t know and missed it the first 1700 times he said it this season, that’s Colton’s biggest fear. That he wants to be with someone who doesn’t want to be with him. But the way Tayshia relayed this information to him, and subsequent conversations later in the episode, made this one jumbled mess. Tayshia’s words were not 100% clear whether she heard it directly come out of Caelynn and/or Cassie’s mouth. The way she worded it made it seem like she might’ve or might not have. I’m here to tell you she didn’t. That was all hearsay what she reported to Colton.

-At the night portion of their date, Tayshia goes back to Colton’s “place” to make dinner. That wasn’t Colton’s place if anyone was asking. That’s just a place rented out for the show. He asks Tayshia what her family would think of all this if he goes to meet them for hometowns. She says her dad would be a little skeptical since she’s less than two years removed from a divorce, and he’s very protective of her. Which is what you’d expect her to say and for him to act. Colton is no doubt buying what Tayshia is selling him right now, so she gets a rose and they’re headed to her hometown next week. Can’t wait to meet the fam and break down the love that these two have for each other, and the future the two of them could have together. Can’t you just feel the love in the air with these two? I mean, he told us he’s falling in love with Tayshia, and considering he said that three times this episode, you KNOW it must be true.

-One thing Tayshia conveniently left out of the whole conversation was of course the fact she was in the Bahamas with her “boyfriend” Chase two weeks before leaving to film. When Tayshia is finally allowed to speak on this subject, I can already assure you she will downplay the relationship, she’ll say she wasn’t as into him as he was into her, and will do everything under her power to make it seem like it was nothing. She’s NEVER going to admit she had a boyfriend two weeks before she left for filming because that absolutely kills any credibility she has to speak on anything. And would make her quite hypocritical considering what she’s accusing others of. All I can tell you is that I spoke with Chase on the phone last Wednesday, he assured me they were together in the Bahamas two weeks before she left, he knew going on this show was a possibility for her, but she hadn’t made a decision yet (probably bc she wanted that Bahamas trip beforehand), but that they were definitely dating exclusively while on that trip. We can debate semantics of what a “boyfriend” is until we’re blue in the face. But the fact she was on a trip with a guy in the Bahamas that obviously wasn’t platonic, two week before she left for filming, is just shady no matter how you look at it. So take that for what it’s worth.

1. dogmomma

February 19, 2019 at 10:24 AM

My husband was in the room when Caelynn was having her meltdown and using the F word left and right about the accusations by Tayshia. His comment was “I’m surprised that a girl who represents her state would use that kind of language on national TV. I bet the people of North Carolina are very proud of her”. She did not come off very well at all. My impression of Hannah B in the beginning was that she seemed silly and maybe a little immature, but after last night I thing she would be a fun bachelorette to have and my vote is for her 100%. She seems more genuine than most of the other girls.

2. iampunka

February 19, 2019 at 10:28 AM

Tayshia came off looking really bad, Kirpa did too for doubling down on it, and then both Cassie and Caelynn had deer in the headlights looks like they knew they got caught. Only girl who didn’t look awful was Hannah G. since she pretty much stayed out of it. She made some generic comments, but didn’t go to Colton to talk trash.

Not gonna lie. I really don;t see Colton and any of the girls with a serious connection. Yes he has great chemistry with Cassie and Hannah G, but that is it. No real depth based on what has been shown. The format isn’t set up to let that happen though, so by the end it just sin’t really ever there anyway.

Speaking of format, they need to switch it up. Do hometowns with the leads family at the final 4 to help narrow it down, a normal but crazy elimination at 3 because hometowns are next, then hometowns with the final 2 girls so he isn’t asking 4 dads for permission to marry the daughter(which is absurd)and fantasy suites on location at final 2 and let the lead family see them again. Extend the end and allow for more real connection, get rid of the silliness of the beginning and downsize quicker to accommodate. Make it seem more real that way, at least.

If Cassie does bail, and some of the girls said to Colton she is not one of the ones ready, then they did call her out right on that though, didn’t they. Regardless of how they got there, they read her right. Because it’s obvious Colton digs her the most, but that she is conflicted. Because she’s not ready. Peter Pan kid.

3. meredith1972

February 19, 2019 at 11:55 AM

I am going to bring up something I hope to be of interest. While Colton got assurances of “being ready” from the other girls he questioned, I think I only heard Cassied tell him that she was there for him.
    Notice all the foreshadowing and editing which back up the spoiler RS gives of Cassie leaving – Cassie, the obvious frontrunner, the one he wants. Therefore, while there may NOT have been specific talk of the Bachelorette, there may well have been talk that indicated Cassie just simply was not ready for all this.

I agree with Reality Steve’s friend. They have now given Hannah B a story and an edit that would fit the next Bachelorette.
    (The truth is probably that his family liked her, but that would make him look really bad, and wasn’t needed, so we didn’t see that.)

4. ladyjane747

February 19, 2019 at 1:23 PM

What’s hilarious is that we now know those other girls were correct. Cassie ISN’T ready, which she demonstrates by bolting. So, she must’ve said something or acted a certain way or the other girls just guessed at it, but whatever, they were spot on. And now Colton’s going to look like a fool for picking the one who isn’t ready (not that he is – such a man child). And Caelynn came across so poorly. My God, that language and calling another girl a dumb B. Not a good look. It’s pretty clear now that she was the instigator in the feud with Hannah B. She’s awful and those fake teeth! I hope Hannah B gets the Bachelorette gig. She’s expressive and animated and funny and a little insecure and goofy. She’d be a great lead.

5. SeaDub

February 19, 2019 at 1:37 PM

Time to get back to women and men in their 30’s. This is a sh1t show.

6. adelina

February 19, 2019 at 2:09 PM

I appreciate Kelly Johns’ effort but I just don’t find her schtick that funny or entertaining.

Any woman/girl who goes on this show to “warn” the lead about the others is always making a mistake. The way that this comes off as “I care about him/her and don’t want him/her to make a mistake” is so silly. So what if they get engaged to the wrong person? Let them figure it out for themselves. I don’t care how producer led it is, you always come off as petty.

I wish they’d choose a 30 or older lead for Bach’ette. If they choose Hannah G it will basically be a show about an American Girl Doll who came to life and went on tv. Please no.

February 19, 2019 at 5:23 PM

Does it make me a bad person if I don’t know who Katie even was? Referring back to some long gone, rando who most of us don’t remember, as the key to who’s there for the right reasons is exhausting. If Colton had anything left of his CTE damaged brain, he would have simply stated that Katies not here and that he wasn’t going to listen to 2nd hand information from contestants with clear incentive to take down the front runners. Sh*t show avoided. Geez though, he’s as dumb as a sack of hammers!!

8. corn29

February 19, 2019 at 7:38 PM

Wow! The Women Tell All is going to be such a catty bitch fest.

9. ladyjane747

February 19, 2019 at 9:01 PM

Katie’s not exactly a long gone rando – she just left in the previous episode. She was the African-American other NBA dancer (Sydney was the other one). Thing is though, this time all the rumors among the women were right! He was warned about Cassie, chose her anyway, and she wanted to leave and not get engaged. Good job, Colton. You had one job to do on this show and you blew it!