The Bachelor 23 - Colton

The “Bachelor” Colton – Episode 7 Recap, “Bachelorette” Talk, & A Case Made for Hannah B.

Photo Credit: ABC

-The snowboarding portion of Caelynn’s date was pointless. First off, they barely showed us any of it. Secondly, all anyone wanted at that point was to hear what she said about Tayshia’s allegations. Throw snowballs at each other or build a snowman like Harry Dunn and Mary Swanson did in “Dumb and Dumber.” Make yellow snow together. None of us care! Just get to the conversation we’re all dying to hear. I mean, I’m sure snowboarding would’ve been a really fun date if they didn’t have this giant elephant in the room. But I can’t remember a 1-on-1 date in recent memory that skipped so fast through the day portion of their date to get to the heart of what mattered. And needless to say, last night was not a good night for Caelynn.

-I’m not saying Caelynn had a bad night because she was guilty of what she was being accused of. She might’ve been, she might not. None of us know 100% about the conversation that took place, what was said, and how it was interpreted. People who are claiming this is black and white are flat out wrong. There is no black and white here. We just don’t know enough details yet. But where Caelynn missed the boat last night was how she reacted to the news. I mean, did she really need to call Tayshia a “stupid bitch.” You talk about bullying, you talk about women empowerment, etc. How is that helping in any way. Did any of you check Tayshia and/or Kirpa’s IG last night? You see all the hate they were getting? And racist hate at that. Don’t think some of it wasn’t spurned on by people watching Caelynn call her a stupid bitch last night. It was just unnecessary and wasn’t flattering for her character at all.

-Again, this does not change the fact of what Caelynn went through in college. But you’re allowed to criticize someone and separate the two. And my criticism is that Caelynn handled herself awful last night and came out looking like a big of a mean girl as Tayshia did. Look, I think we can all agree the cattiness last night was so high school gossip level, it was annoying. And yes, Caelynn had every right to be upset that someone ran to Colton with information about her that seemingly was sabotaging her chances with him. Whether it’s true or not, or how true it is is still up for debate. The bottom line is we just don’t know. You ask me if I think Caelynn talked about “Bachelorette” at some point, my answer is yes. But I can also tell you that I spoke 5 former female contestants last night asking their opinion about women talking about “Bachelorette” on the show, and all of them admitted it happens. Every season. So this is nothing new. But it does sound like something that got blown way out of proportion.

-This isn’t defending Caelynn in a way, but considering Tayshia and Kirpa (the two accusers in this episode), never gave any specifics about what was said, one can only deduce that it was a general conversation about it and we don’t know who said what or what their intention was. So yeah, Caelynn could’ve been upset. But when she was defending herself, she also could’ve cleared the air a bit more about what was said, instead of name calling Tayshia in return. I get that she’s upset. And I get she’s getting put on the spot. But you can’t claim “women’s empowerment” and call for people to be nice to Tayshia and Kirpa on IG when you are calling Tayshia a stupid bitch on national television. It just doesn’t work that way and makes you look insanely hypocritical. WhiI don’t think she could’ve handled things any worse. If she says “Bachelorette” talk was never brought up, she’s lying. I guarantee it was. But I don’t think it was brought up in a way that Tayshia & Kirpa are making it out to be, since they didn’t give specific examples of who said what. And like I said last page, Tayshia did not hear anything directly from Caelynn or Cassie. She heard something from Katie and tried to play it off as her own, or else she just would’ve told Colton, “This is what I heard them say.”

1. dogmomma

February 19, 2019 at 10:24 AM

My husband was in the room when Caelynn was having her meltdown and using the F word left and right about the accusations by Tayshia. His comment was “I’m surprised that a girl who represents her state would use that kind of language on national TV. I bet the people of North Carolina are very proud of her”. She did not come off very well at all. My impression of Hannah B in the beginning was that she seemed silly and maybe a little immature, but after last night I thing she would be a fun bachelorette to have and my vote is for her 100%. She seems more genuine than most of the other girls.

2. iampunka

February 19, 2019 at 10:28 AM

Tayshia came off looking really bad, Kirpa did too for doubling down on it, and then both Cassie and Caelynn had deer in the headlights looks like they knew they got caught. Only girl who didn’t look awful was Hannah G. since she pretty much stayed out of it. She made some generic comments, but didn’t go to Colton to talk trash.

Not gonna lie. I really don;t see Colton and any of the girls with a serious connection. Yes he has great chemistry with Cassie and Hannah G, but that is it. No real depth based on what has been shown. The format isn’t set up to let that happen though, so by the end it just sin’t really ever there anyway.

Speaking of format, they need to switch it up. Do hometowns with the leads family at the final 4 to help narrow it down, a normal but crazy elimination at 3 because hometowns are next, then hometowns with the final 2 girls so he isn’t asking 4 dads for permission to marry the daughter(which is absurd)and fantasy suites on location at final 2 and let the lead family see them again. Extend the end and allow for more real connection, get rid of the silliness of the beginning and downsize quicker to accommodate. Make it seem more real that way, at least.

If Cassie does bail, and some of the girls said to Colton she is not one of the ones ready, then they did call her out right on that though, didn’t they. Regardless of how they got there, they read her right. Because it’s obvious Colton digs her the most, but that she is conflicted. Because she’s not ready. Peter Pan kid.

3. meredith1972

February 19, 2019 at 11:55 AM

I am going to bring up something I hope to be of interest. While Colton got assurances of “being ready” from the other girls he questioned, I think I only heard Cassied tell him that she was there for him.
    Notice all the foreshadowing and editing which back up the spoiler RS gives of Cassie leaving – Cassie, the obvious frontrunner, the one he wants. Therefore, while there may NOT have been specific talk of the Bachelorette, there may well have been talk that indicated Cassie just simply was not ready for all this.

I agree with Reality Steve’s friend. They have now given Hannah B a story and an edit that would fit the next Bachelorette.
    (The truth is probably that his family liked her, but that would make him look really bad, and wasn’t needed, so we didn’t see that.)

4. ladyjane747

February 19, 2019 at 1:23 PM

What’s hilarious is that we now know those other girls were correct. Cassie ISN’T ready, which she demonstrates by bolting. So, she must’ve said something or acted a certain way or the other girls just guessed at it, but whatever, they were spot on. And now Colton’s going to look like a fool for picking the one who isn’t ready (not that he is – such a man child). And Caelynn came across so poorly. My God, that language and calling another girl a dumb B. Not a good look. It’s pretty clear now that she was the instigator in the feud with Hannah B. She’s awful and those fake teeth! I hope Hannah B gets the Bachelorette gig. She’s expressive and animated and funny and a little insecure and goofy. She’d be a great lead.

5. SeaDub

February 19, 2019 at 1:37 PM

Time to get back to women and men in their 30’s. This is a sh1t show.

6. adelina

February 19, 2019 at 2:09 PM

I appreciate Kelly Johns’ effort but I just don’t find her schtick that funny or entertaining.

Any woman/girl who goes on this show to “warn” the lead about the others is always making a mistake. The way that this comes off as “I care about him/her and don’t want him/her to make a mistake” is so silly. So what if they get engaged to the wrong person? Let them figure it out for themselves. I don’t care how producer led it is, you always come off as petty.

I wish they’d choose a 30 or older lead for Bach’ette. If they choose Hannah G it will basically be a show about an American Girl Doll who came to life and went on tv. Please no.

February 19, 2019 at 5:23 PM

Does it make me a bad person if I don’t know who Katie even was? Referring back to some long gone, rando who most of us don’t remember, as the key to who’s there for the right reasons is exhausting. If Colton had anything left of his CTE damaged brain, he would have simply stated that Katies not here and that he wasn’t going to listen to 2nd hand information from contestants with clear incentive to take down the front runners. Sh*t show avoided. Geez though, he’s as dumb as a sack of hammers!!

8. corn29

February 19, 2019 at 7:38 PM

Wow! The Women Tell All is going to be such a catty bitch fest.

9. ladyjane747

February 19, 2019 at 9:01 PM

Katie’s not exactly a long gone rando – she just left in the previous episode. She was the African-American other NBA dancer (Sydney was the other one). Thing is though, this time all the rumors among the women were right! He was warned about Cassie, chose her anyway, and she wanted to leave and not get engaged. Good job, Colton. You had one job to do on this show and you blew it!