The Bachelor 23 - Colton

The “Bachelor” Colton – Episode 7 Recap, “Bachelorette” Talk, & A Case Made for Hannah B.

Photo Credit: ABC

-The 4-on-1 group date was an absolute sh*t show. Like, where do we even begin? I guess we should start with Heather who had literally the quickest elimination we’ve ever seen on this show. When Demi went over to Colton’s room, they had a decent sized talk before he let her go. Sydney saw him on two different occasions and expressed her concert both times before ultimately leaving. I almost couldn’t believe what I saw last night with Heather. He pulls her aside, asks her how she’s doing, and she says, “Right now I just don’t think it’s fair to you to take you to my hometown if I’m not ready for that.” And with that, she was gonzo. Not much lingering, Colton maybe said one sentence back to her, but before you know it, she’s back on a train and Colton is waving goodbye. I’m sure that exit was edited for time, but holy sh*t that was just weird. It’s like they said, “All right, we’ve got enough drama coming with this Cassie/Kirpa showdown, lets get Heather outta here as soon as we can.” Like, we didn’t even really feel bad for Heather either because we barely knew her and there was zero set up to her leaving.

-Which brings us to the Cassie/Kirpa showdown. Much like Tayshia v Caelynn, so much was said, yet, so little was proven. One thing to keep in mind is through all of this, we’ve never seen any footage of Caelynn and Cassie talking about this “incident.” So unless they break that out at the WTA taping this Friday, this is always going to be a she said/she said argument. People will take the sides of their favorites as they always do. Just go on social media last night. It’s amazing to watch to people watching the exact same episode and having completely differing opinions on who was right and who was wrong, when in reality, a case can be made everyone was wrong and no one was right. I’m just amazed at the ones who say this is so black and white when it’s absolutely impossible to say when you don’t know what was said, when it was said, and in what context it was said. Mind blowing.

-Assuming we never get any secret footage of Caelynn and Cassie discussing this, lets go off of what we were shown last night. I mentioned earlier that Tayshia definitely didn’t hear anything directly from Caelynn & Cassie and she was just relaying what she had heard through Katie which, at this point, we STILL don’t know what Katie said and/or heard. I hope to God Katie comes forward at Friday’s WTA taping to set the record straight because she certainly is the one holding the key to all of this if you ask me. A couple things did stand out to me though in terms of what we were shown. Both Tayshia and Kirpa made the argument to Colton that after he made his speech in Vietnam, “Caelynn and Cassie were the two who got most defensive, so Katie must’ve been talking about them.” WTF? That’s your argument it’s them? Very flimsy. The other thing was when Cassie and Kirpa were arguing, Kirpa’s defense was “Ask Katie.” Again, if Kirpa had actually heard it herself, wouldn’t her defense be, “Cassie, I heard what you said. You said this-this-and this?” But she didn’t.

-And lets just say Kirpa didn’t hear it, which she didn’t, but Tayshia did and Kirpa knew Tayshia did, couldn’t Kirpa have also said in that situation, “I don’t know Cassie, ask Tayshia. She’s actually here.” So to me, last night Kirpa and Tayshia both proved to me they never heard anything directly from Caelynn and Cassie about any conversation that took place. Tayshia telling Colton something she heard, even though he did ask her first, is no different than what Onyeka did that Tayshia got on her case for when she told the Nicole-wants-to-leave-Miami story, which is about as hypocritical as you can get. She can mask it all by saying “Colton asked me first,” but then she should’ve answered him, “I didn’t hear this myself directly, but Katie told me…” and then gone from there. She went about it all wrong.

-Not only was Tayshia hypocritical for doing the exact thing she called Onyeka out for, but when I reported months ago she came on this show two weeks after being in the Bahamas with a guy she was dating, she loses all credibility in my eyes. Your opinion holds no weight when you’re accusing someone of being there for the wrong reasons, when you are there yourself for those exact wrong reasons yourself AND there’s not only photographic evidence of it out there, but the guy in question is now talking to me and others saying, yeah, we were together. Granted, knowing that he knew Tayshia was debating coming on this show, that’s his fault for taking her to the Bahamas in the first place, but doesn’t change the fact that she went there with a guy she was dating, then two weeks later left for the show. And like I said, I know she’s going to come out and discredit her relationship with Chase once she can speak on it, but the damage has been done. It’s he said/she said at this point, but I tend to believe people can see right through her on this point, especially after watching everything that went down last night. She’s being very shady throughout all this.

-There’s a good chance a whole lot of this will be settled on Friday when they tape the WTA. At least it should be. But you never know with how that show is produced and chopped up in the editing room. The #1 question Chris Harrison should be asking come Friday is to Katie, and she needs to explain exactly what she heard, who said it, and what was the context. Social media is never a 100% indicator of anything, but if you want to read into what some of Colton’s women are doing, Cassie, Kirpa, and Katie all seem to be cool with each other. And I don’t see much interaction with Tayshia at all, so that could be telling. Or not. I guess we’ll find out more come Friday. But that needs to be addressed. They just spent all of episode 7 on it, and Katie will be there Friday, so it only makes sense that she come forward and clarify what she heard. I get the sense that it’s not nearly as bad as Tayshia and Kirpa made it out to be on the show, and after speaking with 5 former contestants from different seasons, I can tell you that “Bachelorette” talk, and “Who do you think will win” is discussed ALL THE TIME on every season, and it’s never been this big of a deal. So lets wait this out and see what Katie comes to the table with before we declare guilt or innocence on anyone.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. dogmomma

February 19, 2019 at 10:24 AM

My husband was in the room when Caelynn was having her meltdown and using the F word left and right about the accusations by Tayshia. His comment was “I’m surprised that a girl who represents her state would use that kind of language on national TV. I bet the people of North Carolina are very proud of her”. She did not come off very well at all. My impression of Hannah B in the beginning was that she seemed silly and maybe a little immature, but after last night I thing she would be a fun bachelorette to have and my vote is for her 100%. She seems more genuine than most of the other girls.

2. iampunka

February 19, 2019 at 10:28 AM

Tayshia came off looking really bad, Kirpa did too for doubling down on it, and then both Cassie and Caelynn had deer in the headlights looks like they knew they got caught. Only girl who didn’t look awful was Hannah G. since she pretty much stayed out of it. She made some generic comments, but didn’t go to Colton to talk trash.

Not gonna lie. I really don;t see Colton and any of the girls with a serious connection. Yes he has great chemistry with Cassie and Hannah G, but that is it. No real depth based on what has been shown. The format isn’t set up to let that happen though, so by the end it just sin’t really ever there anyway.

Speaking of format, they need to switch it up. Do hometowns with the leads family at the final 4 to help narrow it down, a normal but crazy elimination at 3 because hometowns are next, then hometowns with the final 2 girls so he isn’t asking 4 dads for permission to marry the daughter(which is absurd)and fantasy suites on location at final 2 and let the lead family see them again. Extend the end and allow for more real connection, get rid of the silliness of the beginning and downsize quicker to accommodate. Make it seem more real that way, at least.

If Cassie does bail, and some of the girls said to Colton she is not one of the ones ready, then they did call her out right on that though, didn’t they. Regardless of how they got there, they read her right. Because it’s obvious Colton digs her the most, but that she is conflicted. Because she’s not ready. Peter Pan kid.

3. meredith1972

February 19, 2019 at 11:55 AM

I am going to bring up something I hope to be of interest. While Colton got assurances of “being ready” from the other girls he questioned, I think I only heard Cassied tell him that she was there for him.
    Notice all the foreshadowing and editing which back up the spoiler RS gives of Cassie leaving – Cassie, the obvious frontrunner, the one he wants. Therefore, while there may NOT have been specific talk of the Bachelorette, there may well have been talk that indicated Cassie just simply was not ready for all this.

I agree with Reality Steve’s friend. They have now given Hannah B a story and an edit that would fit the next Bachelorette.
    (The truth is probably that his family liked her, but that would make him look really bad, and wasn’t needed, so we didn’t see that.)

4. ladyjane747

February 19, 2019 at 1:23 PM

What’s hilarious is that we now know those other girls were correct. Cassie ISN’T ready, which she demonstrates by bolting. So, she must’ve said something or acted a certain way or the other girls just guessed at it, but whatever, they were spot on. And now Colton’s going to look like a fool for picking the one who isn’t ready (not that he is – such a man child). And Caelynn came across so poorly. My God, that language and calling another girl a dumb B. Not a good look. It’s pretty clear now that she was the instigator in the feud with Hannah B. She’s awful and those fake teeth! I hope Hannah B gets the Bachelorette gig. She’s expressive and animated and funny and a little insecure and goofy. She’d be a great lead.

5. SeaDub

February 19, 2019 at 1:37 PM

Time to get back to women and men in their 30’s. This is a sh1t show.

6. adelina

February 19, 2019 at 2:09 PM

I appreciate Kelly Johns’ effort but I just don’t find her schtick that funny or entertaining.

Any woman/girl who goes on this show to “warn” the lead about the others is always making a mistake. The way that this comes off as “I care about him/her and don’t want him/her to make a mistake” is so silly. So what if they get engaged to the wrong person? Let them figure it out for themselves. I don’t care how producer led it is, you always come off as petty.

I wish they’d choose a 30 or older lead for Bach’ette. If they choose Hannah G it will basically be a show about an American Girl Doll who came to life and went on tv. Please no.

February 19, 2019 at 5:23 PM

Does it make me a bad person if I don’t know who Katie even was? Referring back to some long gone, rando who most of us don’t remember, as the key to who’s there for the right reasons is exhausting. If Colton had anything left of his CTE damaged brain, he would have simply stated that Katies not here and that he wasn’t going to listen to 2nd hand information from contestants with clear incentive to take down the front runners. Sh*t show avoided. Geez though, he’s as dumb as a sack of hammers!!

8. corn29

February 19, 2019 at 7:38 PM

Wow! The Women Tell All is going to be such a catty bitch fest.

9. ladyjane747

February 19, 2019 at 9:01 PM

Katie’s not exactly a long gone rando – she just left in the previous episode. She was the African-American other NBA dancer (Sydney was the other one). Thing is though, this time all the rumors among the women were right! He was warned about Cassie, chose her anyway, and she wanted to leave and not get engaged. Good job, Colton. You had one job to do on this show and you blew it!