Reader Emails

“Reader Emails,” How You Can Donate to Ashley Spivey, & (SPOILERS) Tayshia’s Episode #8

Photo Credit: ABC

Hey Steve!

First of all, hope you had a great Thanksgiving 2020…yeah, it was sure different for all of us this year

My question for you….Last year, ABC teased “seniors looking for love” but I haven’t heard anything since. Do you have any updates about this? I’m assuming with COVID, this might have gotten shelved for later/a post COVID world

Thanks again for all that you do and stay safe!

Comment: Robert Mills said COVID obviously shelved it, but they just don’t know going forward what the future for it is.
________________________

Sorry if this has already been asked…

The Bachelor mansion is booked out the entire month of April on Airbnb. Do you think they could realistically return filming to that location?

Comment: Hard to say right now. And “Bachelorette” starts filming the week of the “Bachelor” finale in mid March. So I guess it’s possible they’re looking to push it back a couple weeks. First 2 weeks of April for prep, and then the last 2 weeks for filming. Remember, in any normal non-COVID season, in real time, they’re only at the manion two weeks before travel starts. But as of now, really hard to say what their plans are for next “Bachelorette” season, other than it’s definitely the next show in the franchise to be filmed.
________________________

Hi Steve,

Here’s my reader email questions. Sorry, I am clearly just ready for The Bachelor to start.

1. Can you just give us 5 names who definitely did not win Matt’s season? Really? C’mon. You will be disappointed in any answer I give you.

2. Did Hannah B. definitely make an appearance on his season? As far as I know she did.

3. Do you think they’ll film the next Bachelorette at Nemicolin or a new resort?

Comment: I’d be surprised if they went back to Nemacolin. I’d think they’d want to mix it up and find a different place if we’re still under COVID restrictions, which it seems likely they will be.

Then, assuming all things are back to normal, summer time BIP can be filmed per usual, but they don’t travel for that either, so that’s kinda like being in a bubble. Then Sept. 2021 when next “Bachelor” rolls around, we should be back to regular filming with travel. Will it include international travel? Hard to say at this point, but I would think by then, domestic travel should be fine.
________________________

Hey Steve,

So I’ve been wondering. When contestants make it to the final four does production contact their family to let them know that their child will be coming home for a hometown? Or do the contestants contact them themselves? How does that process work?

Thanks for your answer !!!

Comment: Production is contact with parents. COVID seasons they fly the parents/family to the resort they’re filming. But non-COVID, yes, production contacts the parents, finds the best possible dates, they send a scout team a few days early to figure out what to do, then they go.
________________________

Hey steve! Long time fan, finally got a question or a conspiracy?

So there were leaks of Hannah Ann being at la quinta, but it was never shown on the show and you said she wont be showing up. And then she somehow all of the sudden leaves clickbait. Did something happen maybe? Did she do something to piss off production, or tayshia in particular? It seems like such a weird coincidence that both of these things are happening. Hannah Ann wants to be in the spot light, and shes popular no? Both things involve her and tayshia, so maybe there was a fall out? I feel like there is more to the story, and its just being buried or not talked about, which is even weirder that its being downplayed. Or maybe im just thinking too much into it.

Do you have any theories on this? Can you look further into it?

Thank you and keep up the good work! You are appreciated!

Comment: I honestly have no idea what happened with either. I do think her appearance at La Quinta was probably done more so to throw people off and maybe think something was there that wasn’t. But I don’t know for sure.
________________________

Hi Steve!

I saw in the preview for the next episode of the Bachelorette that Eazy will be getting a lot of screen time. Does this mean that the producers don’t believe the information they received about or Eazy, it they just don’t care? Has there been any other women, besides the one you spoke to, come forward with similar allegations? It’s in the spoilers today that he gets a 1-on-1 and is sent home on it. The show has chosen to edit him how they choose, and hopefully we’ll be hearing more about it soon. More discussions have been had.

On another note, do you know if they’re planning on filming another season of Temptation Island any time soon? I remember they had started filming , or they were planning on starting filming a few months ago, but there was some backlash.

Thank you!

Comment: Yes, they filmed for two months in Sept/Oct and returned home in November. Season starts airing in January. They haven’t released the cast or dates yet, but I would expect that coming in the next couple weeks. I haven’t heard anything.
________________________

Hey Steve!

Just something i’ve been really thinking about… the Ivan/Tayshia BLM date night conversation. So, on your podcast last week when someone asked you if any of the current male contenders for Tayshia’s heart could possibly be chosen for Bachelor 2022, you said “No not really” because so far, none of them have been that “memorable”. I agreed, to an extent. Not sure if you recorded that before last weeks episode, but I feel as though Ivan will be memorable if not for just that conversation he had with Tayshia. Sure, he’s still pretty young and might not meet all the criteria, but I would much rather see a season of Ivan than ever watch another season of someone like Peter. I guess I just want to know your thoughts on ABC finally doing something right by airing that conversation Ivan and Tayshia had. Thanks!

Comment: Nothing against Ivan, but I don’t see him as the type of personality to be the lead of this show. Hey, I could be wrong. But remember, we also have 10 months before they film another “Bachelor” season. I just think there will be other options.
________________________

Hi Steve,

I noticed that in the promo for Matt’s season, Abigail isn’t featured much/at all, even though she got the first impression rose. Do you think this says anything about how far she makes it?

Comment: I don’t think it means much of anything, really.
________________________

Hey RS,

What did you make of the Taylor/Arie IG feud that happened recently? I thought him coming after her the way he did seemed wrong. Your thoughts?

Comments: Did you read her reply to him? Tell me one thing she said that was wrong. I don’t think you can. Uncalled for by him to randomly come after her like that, and she eviscerated him with her response which completely nailed it.
________________________

Hi Steve,

I hope you’re well. I love reading your columns and this is my first time sending you an email. I hope I’m not too late! I just have a few questions.

– So far, the dates on The Bachelorette are pretty boring and unoriginal due to them being at one resort. They created hype for the season with the switch. Since Matt’s season is also at a single resort, do you know if there’s something specific, producer-driven or not, that they’ll use to advertise the season? Well, he is the Matt-chelor. Isn’t that enough of a selling point? Kidding.

– Do you think they’ll ever return to a “simple” season, where the bachelor/bachelorette chooses their final pick and stays with them (at least for a while) without some major drama happening? Those days might be long gone.

– Just a personal question, has there ever been a contestant that you had a specific opinion about while watching the show, but after having met them, your opinion changed? Either for the better or for the worse? There have been a couple.

– A last quick question, would you interview Kat for your podcast? Or maybe discuss the Bachelor with her on a podcast? I love hearing you two together, you have such opposite personalities (in a good way!) and it’s so much fun to listen!

Thank you! Have a good week!

Comment: Well, she doesn’t really watch the show, so it’d be tough. She just reads about it and sees clips or whatever she stumbles upon on TikTok. So it wouldn’t be much of a discussion. But she’ll be on again in the future I’m sure.

1. Nahu

December 1, 2020 at 8:32 AM

I can’t believe she’s sending Bennett home and keeping Noah. What was she thinking? I hope Noah goes home soon. I can’t stand him.

2. realitynyc12

December 1, 2020 at 5:54 PM

I just have to say that there is a special place in hell for the depraved excuses for human beings that think its ok to send their anti-vaxx self righteous crap to someone who just lost a baby. My heart goes out to Ashley, nobody deserves something like this to happen to them but especially her after what she has been through. These mo fos were harassing her for days prior to her pregnancy loss for getting a flu shot while pregnant, telling her she’ll miscarry and then in a cruel twist of fate when that actually took place- have the utter nerve to send her these ” i told you so” messages? The mind explodes. I never get invested in any drama on behalf of anyone in Bachelor nation but this crap made me want to go off on every single one of them in defense of poor sweet Ashley.
    I know Instagram will do nothing but they really do need to block people like that from having accounts. People have truly lost their humanity behind computer screens by now, it is sickening.

3. realitynyc12

December 1, 2020 at 6:07 PM

I wanted to add to previous comment- that to add insult to injury, the bile that’s being spouting by anti vaxxers makes no sense since the tragedy was caused by umbilical cord ending up around the baby’s neck, so wtf are they even going on about, how could have a flu shot (and the so-called toxins in it) have possibly caused that? Yet logic clearly isn’t a requirement for this brigade of scum, just any excuse to be the absolute worst and try to bring a person down and twist the proverbial knife in someone who they don’t know, at the lowest point in her life. Despicable.

4. bachelornationfan92

December 2, 2020 at 9:19 PM

I have not seen the comments that Ashley received and my condolences go out to her. I’ve had a miscarriage before and it’s not something I would ever wish on anyone. I hate that she is getting hateful comments. Especially during such a vulnerable time. With that being said, I will say that there are many children in the world that are vaccine injured and have died from vaccinations. I have seen the negative comments Ashley has made about people who do not vaccinate. Even though they could be going grieving the loss of a child because of vaccinations. We all need to be kind to one another! Regardless of our beliefs because we don’t know what people are going through behind closed doors.

5. realitynyc12

December 3, 2020 at 8:36 AM

@bachelornationfan92
    Look, I’m not going to get into a vaccination debate with you, there is plenty of science backed information, statistics and studies out there for people to take a look at, so its really a personal choice to either trust that or focus on the miniscule percentage of sensationalistic cases of tragedies- some of which may or may not even be directly linked to vaccines (honestly, if we treated all risks in life the way we do vaccinations, we would all have ourselves and our kids in a literal bubble unable to leave our houses) Anyway, that’s a separate topic, the main point being is that from what I’ve seen of Ashley, while she’s very outspoken about her own beliefs, she doesn’t personally attack anyone, especially anyone that went through a tragedy. She shares a lot of resources and info to educate and of course I haven’t seen every single thing she’s ever posted, I haven’t been following her that long, maybe at some point she did post something negative about ppl who don’t vaccinate *in general* but not sure how you can compare that to what these people (if you can call them that) are now posting to her directly after she delivered a stillborn baby at 7 months pregnant. Lets get a little perspective instead of covering it up with a blanket of ” let’s all be kind to one another”, we are not comparing apples to apples here. There is zero excuse for what she has to deal with from these ppl and they’re never going to get kinder (unless maybe they experience a loss of this magnitude themselves)
    Stepping off my soapbox now…

6. idontcare

December 3, 2020 at 3:02 PM

My position on vaccines doesn’t matter. What does matter to me is that parents right to make those choices on behalf of their children is secured. The government has no business mandating anything that should be a parents choice to make, especially something that goes into their child’s body and immune system for life. I would never presume to tell another parent how to parent much less accuse them of abuse for a decision they have made for their child. There should be mutual respect on both sides. My hope is that vaccines are at least safe and that parents continue to have the right to make the choice for or against. And yes, I’ve heard the argument of it being “a public health” issue. All I know is you give an inch the government will surely take a mile. If you believe in vaccinating that’s fine. You must also believe your child is safe then from those children who are not vaccinated. I realize the issue goes even deeper. As parents I hope we can be United in the goal of retaining choice for our kids without government intervention. Both sides, stop accusing and hating the other side. Be at peace with your own decision and with the decision others make. On a personal note, there are vaccines I need for my own health, the two vax for pneumonia since I have lung disease. I have informed my doctor I will get the vaccines if they give me the vax without the thermerisol in it. That is a reasonable ask. I too want safe vaccines.

7. ladyjane747

December 4, 2020 at 3:57 PM

Mexican is not a race; therefore, Clare is not “mixed race.” She’s American of Mexican descent. The Bachelor had its Latino lead in Juan Pablo and most people attacked him for being what he is – a Latino male with certain ways of behaving and looking at the world. And I found the ridicule of the way he said “eeees okay” that started with Andi incredibly biased and condescending.

8. realitynyc12

December 5, 2020 at 11:12 PM

This was a great article Ashley shared on her insta story today, straight and to the point