The Bachelor 21 - Nick

“Bachelor” Nick Episode 2 Recap Incl Corinne and Liz Talk

Photo Credit: ABC

-You’ll never believe who the star of the after party was. And when I say star, I mean “producer puppet who did everything they told her to do.” Corinne is the first one to steal Nick away for some alone time, and already the girls are beginning to talk about her. She’s the aggressive one, does Nick really want someone like that, blah blah blah. Just remember, every conversation you see of the group of women talking about someone else, is a topic told to them by producers. They’re the ones who tell them, “Ok, someone bring up the fact that Corinne won the photo date and now she’s taking him away first. What do you think?” And then the conversation takes off from there. I know this may seem like Bachelor 101 stuff, but trust me, plenty of people think this is actually organic.

-Even before Corinne took him away, she was giddy over what happened during the photo shoot. “No one’s ever held my boobs like that. No one ever will.” Well, until Paradise this summer. Corinne, who are you trying to kid here? Your IG is nothing but bikini and duck face pics. Your FB default picture last time I checked a couple months ago was you topless in the sand. So of course when you do this kind of a stuff on a nationally televised show and other women aren’t, I get that you claim you’re doing it to get the man, but you’re obviously clueless as to how you’re perceived. And you can claim all you want you don’t care, but you do. You’re 24. Of course you do. You live for the feedback from strangers on the internet. Most of these contestants do. I would suggest toning it down a bit but, ummmmm, well, this has already been filmed months ago and I know you don’t.

-Oh hey, lookie here. We actually get to see Nick’s time with someone else on a 12 person date. It’s essentially been the Corinne show for the first 45 minutes. Raven talks to him and says her last relationship was 8 months ago. She walked in on him with another girl, so she’s got her guard up. Yeah, that’ll do it I tell ya’. Now, when people say they walked in on an ex with another girl, are we talking walked in and saw the act happening? And if so, what was the act? Or is it, she saw a girl leaving as she pulled up to his place? I’ve always wanted to know that, because I’ve never been in either situation. Of course I can control what I do, but lets hope I never actually walk in on an ex with another person. That’s gotta be brutal. Obviously I don’t know the circumstances, but how dumb do you have to be to physically get caught with another woman when you have a girlfriend? I have no idea how guys even do it, but that’s just me. However, Raven says she’s attracted to a**holes, and Nick self-admittedly can be an a**hole, so expect these two to have a long, fruitful relationship…until the penultimate segment of the season.

-From that point, even though there are 12 women on this date and we’re seeing Nick’s connection with only 2 of them, it turned into the Interrupting Game. Nick is talking to Alexis and Corinne interrupts, even though she’s already had time with him. Then Taylor interrupts Corinne. Then Corinne comes back and interrupts Taylor. Then Taylor comes back to interrupt Corinne. And every single time, Nick didn’t refuse the person who was interrupting, as he was in full Producer Nick mode. You know, because on night one, god forbid Jasmine tries to steal time away from him talking to Ida Marie (who? Yeah, that’s what I thought), but he’ll let Corinne interrupt him twice on the same date. It’s about as silly as you can get, totally pre-planned and Nick just went along with it. We see interrupting alone time on every date in every episode of every season. So that part isn’t new. But to see Corinne interrupt Taylor only to see Taylor return the favor on the same date was a first.

-Then at the end of the after party, Corinne and Taylor had a random awkward conversation asking each other if they were ok, and it couldn’t have been more passive aggressive if they tried. I thought Taylor handled herself about as well as she could given the circumstances and Corinne looked like an entitled brat. But hey, Producer Nick figured he’d fan the flames and get all of America talking just two episodes into the season by giving Corinne the group date rose so all hell will break loose. Corinne then gives some slurred speech to the rest of the group about feelings will get hurt, this isn’t an easy process, and she was just being herself. You can see they already started this episode with the Taylor/Corinne feud which culminates with their 2-on-1 date in New Orleans in episode 5. Now you know why they were on it. Both are on the Backstreet Boys group date next week where Corinne tells them all at the after party she has a nanny, and becomes the talk of the date.

1. kimmyfromdablock

January 10, 2017 at 9:37 AM

That 1980’s wedding dress on Vanessa was scarily similar to my 1989 wedding dress. So horrible, but at the time, I thought I was the sh*t.

2. purplerayne

January 10, 2017 at 10:12 AM

“Could Nick have made an effort to if he really was interested in her after she didn’t give him her number?”

Thats the point! He didnt, so clearly he wasnt interested….thus why did Liz come on the show? She turned him down, for her own valid reasons, when he asked for her number. And since he didnt make an attempt to chase her, it shouldve told her plainly that he wasnt that into her. OR maybe he couldve been but the moment was gone/lost. Guys are simple. If they want someone, they will make it known. BTW lets note pretend that she didnt come on the show for attention and social media exposure for her travel blog.

January 10, 2017 at 11:29 AM

Liz didn’t misread Nick, at all. I’m sure he was totally fine with leaving it as a one night hook-up. Had Liz pursued Nick later, I doubt he would have even returned a text. So, while I get that Nick wasn’t thrilled that Liz kinda just showed up at his Bachelor gig, to pretend that Liz should have just got his number & called him & implying anything might have come of it, is just complete BS. I hate to say it, but he already had Liz. He’s looking for new fantasy suite material. That’s what Nick is all about. I’m really wondering, based on his obvious and extremely morally casual attitude towards the girls, especially Corrinne, how this season stays on the rails. This feels like it’s headed into Juan Pah-blow 2.0 territory where you wonder if any of the girls will still like him, at all, at the end.

4. mikeyy

January 10, 2017 at 2:13 PM

Sorry purplerayne, but couldn’t agree with you more. To say that guys are “simple” is just not true. If you ask for someone’s number and they decline to give it you, to me it indicates they are not interested. Not every guy is going to fight for a woman, no matter how much they like her. I’m not saying Nick necessarily was interested in anything serious with Liz (he wasn’t), or had any intentions of hanging out with her but asking for someone’s number after a one-night stand, indicates some level of interest

January 10, 2017 at 2:27 PM

@mikeyy: not necessarily. As Liz suspected (and I give her credit for having that insight), Nick may have asked for the number to be “polite”, or stated more directly, to avoid looking like a guy who just wanted a hookup & was “finished” with her. If a guy asked for the number AND then actually calls/texts AND then makes some specific plans with a girl, then he’s showing some level of interest. Simply asking for a phone number is often a low effort way for a guy to somewhat gracefully hit the door without looking like a complete tool. Too often, and the women will keep me honest here, there is no call or text coming. One of the big complaints I hear from women is that the guys SAYS he’s going to call/text. Then doesn’t. It drives them crazy. If a guy says he’s going to call, girls think he’s actually going to call. But he didn’t call simply because he either never had any intention of calling (for reasons stated above) or was leaning towards lack of interest, but wanted to keep HIS options open in case he changed his mind or was REALLY lonely some night. The latter case is when a girl, who’s been blown off, gets a sudden call weeks later from a guy who’s suddenly interested in getting together.

6. mikeyy

January 10, 2017 at 2:40 PM

@Rob22, I agree with you. There are a lot of guys who get girls numbers with no intention of ever contacting them. But this does not encompass “all” men. To say this would be a big generalization. Personally, if I ask for a female’s number I generally call/text them because I was interested. Again, maybe I’m in the minority here but I do not think all guys are the same. I doubt Nick ever had any intention of contacting Liz, considering everything we know about the dude, but we will never know.

7. purplerayne

January 10, 2017 at 2:42 PM

@Mikeyy, i think we are both saying the same thing…but differently LOL Guys are straightforward for the most part. Thats what i meant by simple. If Nick really liked her, he wouldve asked again for her number, flirted with her on social media or her number or made a comment to Jane/Tanner. I dont blame Liz for being skeptical and thus not giving her number away…BUT she cant have it both ways. She cant turned him down and then expect him to be cool with her showing upon the show after 9 months of radio silence. BTW Lade mentioned in People magazine that Liz did reach out to Nick, to invite him to a charity event of hers. Hmmmm. This makes it even more awkward that she showed up after he rejected that invitation. And I must say, I would wonder if im Nick if she wanted him to show up for press reasons).

8. purplerayne

January 10, 2017 at 2:45 PM

@Mikeyy….you are in the minority. Speaking for ALL of my girlfriends, there are a lot of men (more than you would imagine) who ask for a number only as a polite way of exiting a situation/conversation. IF they do call or text, its just to see if the girl is still available when they have nothing better on their radar. Even my nicest guy friends have been guilty of this behaviour. You are a gem, dont change!

9. ashleigh11

January 10, 2017 at 5:31 PM

Someone needs to hook up Danielle with Luke from last season.

10. sleeprgirl

January 10, 2017 at 6:33 PM

If I were a man, I would have to be very drunk to hook up with Liz. She isn’t the typical “Bachelorette style” girl. A little overweight, as she hides her large middle with clothes dropping across her. Then there is that super unattractive back tattoo, that I bet Nick never saw, even in the motel room. It is narly. I put people to sleep, and have seen thousands of tattoo, and there are some really neat,artistic and tasteful tattoos out there. Not for Liz though. Then she has those large teeth. OK, so I’m not a Liz fan. She got her 15 mins of fame…bye, bye. I’m going to get pretty sick of Corinne,SOON! STEVE, she is so juvenile. Even though I know how this all goes down, I would like to see some interesting people, beautiful clothing, hair and makeup, not child’s play, and awkward behavior by Nick. He needs to keep those hands off his face and stop the mumbling…I am tired of straining to hear him. That’s all.

11. atleast4characters

January 10, 2017 at 9:22 PM

Never heard of Diff Eyewear (I don’t have any social media accounts), but sure enough, here’s a sample catalog of hawkers from the franchise: https://jezebel.com/c-list-celebs-are-trying-their-absolute-hardest-to-sell-1786049612

I finally participated in one of Steve’s site polls. Corinne is annoying. Whenever she’s talking I just want to say STFU.

12. lak377

January 11, 2017 at 11:23 AM

@sleeprgirl, so because Liz has a normal weight and body you’re going to rip on her and call her overweight? To say she “isn’t typical Bachelorette style”, make fun of her tattoo and say she has large teeth is just as immature as Corinne. Perhaps you should audition for this show!

13. trixibelleschott

January 12, 2017 at 11:13 AM

I’d like to add my take on Liz, please:

From the beginning, she bounced her ideas off her good friend Jade. No doubt they agreed Liz could have some fun as a part of The Bachelor franchise. When Liz ran into Nick at Jade’s wedding, she saw him as a partially attractive, less than her usual looks wise but acceptable hook up since he was, after all, somewhat known in the world of tv suitors. After a drunken night with him, she decided to cut her losses and move on, but, as time went by, she saw her reject become a desirable commodity…thus the plot to recapture his attention and put herself in the spotlight…even more important.

Meanwhile, Nick has moved on from that night with Liz. He’s plenty busy. Maybe she was the star of his fantasy one late night,alone with only himself to cuddle. So what,right. Then comes his night of glorious stardom. He is The Bachelor with scads of women from which he must choose a given number. The producers haven’t prepared him for the arrival of La Liz. Heeheehee. Of course they knew,this was ratings gold for at least the night,probably more.

When Nick was ready to present his roses, he confessed to the producers that he had no real interest in many of the girls,and,by the way, did you know I knew one of them…yeah we actually hooked up before! …NO,Do tell! Hey, this is your chance, Mr. Nick, to be the bachelor who goes down in bachelor history for having a former hook up as one of your bachelorettes! Whadaya say Nick, ole buddy,ole pal! You’de be the first!

Awe, I don’t know…we’re pretty done. I don’t even know why she’s here. (Duh…doesn’t it take one to know one. She wants to be on tv,schmuck). So the producers convince him to call her last, let her stew a little and tell Nick they really appreciate it because it gives some dramatic interest etc. Nick doesn’t think things through…too caught up in the moment ..all new stuff in the other room.

Skip ahead…Liz can’t keep her mouth shut. Maybe she even has a buddy in production now telling her…it’s probably a good idea to find someone you really trust and let it all out so the world can know what you’ve been through…welcome miss friend who says she would never say a word. The rest is history. Rob22 was right about how production knew all along what the outcome would be. They milked it, gave us some good tv, too bad it couldn’t have been juicier.

There’s nothing worse than a boring season, so let the conflicts ensue and play out. Liz…what a maroon!?